Maybelline Expert Eyes Eye Shadow

Filtered by eye Color : Blue age: 30-35

2.4

Price: $

Price: $

I simply detest Maybelline's eyeshadow. Aside from the cheap ugly packaging, the shadows are very hard, offer little pigmentation, and do not last at all. What a terrible waste of money!

I have this in Almondine, a light ivory frost/shimmer. I wear it as a browbone highlight, so I can't judge on how it creases. But it had great staying power, and applied smoothly.

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Maybelline eye shadows come in very pretty colors, but quality and consistency are lacking. Packaging is poor quality, too: the plastic breaks, the hinges break...crapola. To paraphrase one previous reviewer, these shadows quickly get clumpy, bumpy, yucky, weird. They do! I can't figure it out. When you run the sponge applicator over one part of the shadow cake, everything is fine. But right next to the "normal" powder will be this bump, hardened, that refuses to be picked up by the sponge. If you press harder on the bump, it will crumble and in some cases cause the entire shadow cake to break. I don't want any more of these! I can't let myself get suckered by the cheap price and pretty colors. Also, Maybelline shadows tend to crease in two hours or so.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I actually like these shadows a lot. I consistently use Indigo Chic trio, Soft Plums quad and Berry Chic duo, and find them soft and blendable, decent pigment, and they wear well on me. (I prime my lids with my foundation - Almay Amazing Lasting) Many complain about the lack of pigment, but sometimes I do not want the drama of my MAC colors. I like a shimmer to my eyes, but MAC is often over the top on me, and my Maybelline colors are soft and pretty and add just the impact I want for everyday wear. And the color choices in the palettes above are perfectly coordinated, very pretty and very inexpensive. I love them. Took away a lippie for the crappy sponge applicators. They really do fall apart in a week. Never had a problem with hardening or caking.

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I have been wearing makeup for a very long time. This is the WORST eye shadow I have ever had the misfortune of wearing. Never has an eyeshadow gone on so streaky and, well, just horribly. Stay away! Stay away!