Maybelline New York Expert Eyes Eye Shadow

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I love these eyeshadows! I have them in tons of colors and I use most of them a lot. It's true that some of them are very unpigmented, but most of them show up very well. My favorite one is in Sparkling Wine, which is a brown-maroon color with gold shimmer. It's a gorgeous color and the pigmentation as great!

You get what you pay for. You can't spend $4 on an eyeshadow and expect it to be like a mac shadow. This is a decent shadow. Sure you may have to use a little more to make it show up as well, but it does last pretty well and they do have so pretty colors. I would recommend this for a color you're not sure you'd like to try out or for someone who is a beginner to makeup.

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Medium

So, I dont know what everyone elses problem is with this product but I LOVE these shadows. I have so many of the singles and quads. They are VERY pigmented! I always apply my eyeshadows wet or with primer under them which I dont know why anyone wouldnt. Most shadow dont last very long or show up very well without a little bit of water or primer! These are extremely cheap and they work well if you apply them like i stated above. When done that way it lasts ALL day without creasing and also the color stays true! AND its so affordably that you can get alot of colors! Look out for coupons in the paper also to make them even cheaper!

The one thing I will say this eyeshadow has going for it is the fact that the color payoff is wonderful (however, this only applies if you keep layering on the eyeshadow), but this is completely negated by all other aspects of the shadow. The consistency is extremely chalky and hard to pack onto a brush, and the moment I put it on my lids, there is instant fallout. Even worse, this eyeshadow will not stick. I apply it as a lid color, and the moment I blend it with another color, 90% of the color is blended away. Trust me, I am a big fan of drugstore eye shadows, but this is just horrible. If you want a quality cheap eye shadow, I suggest the CoverGirl single eyeshadows. They are almost the same price but have better sticking and staying power.

Funny... the overall rating here is bad but there are a lot of shining reviews. Regardless, I HATE this eye shadow. I have the duo in "grey matters", which I bought to help me achieve a smokey eye. I have never been happy with it! The brush it comes with is crap, yes, but even with my nice brush it doesn't work well! The powder is not at all silky, very dry and doesn't go on smooth. Plus, whenever I try to put it on, WAY more product flakes and gets under my eyes than on my lids. This is especially bad with a color like grey because it makes me look like I have dark circles! Plus it's too much sparkle (and I am not normally against sparkle) with not enough pigment. The glitter is WAY too chunky and obvious, not shimmery and subtle enough. And it doesn't blend nicely!
Nothing good to say about this except that it's cheap. I will throw this out as soon as I get a new grey shadow. This is the first product I have not been worried about wasting.

The packaging is very cheap and breaks easily.
I bought it in black (nightsky I believe) and it works great over liner but the other colours aren't as good (such as sparkling wine). They are washed out and when applied look like a competely different colour than advertised.
The only one I would purchase again is the black.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I found these eye shadows quite nice actually :-) I liked the color and staying power. I have very, very fair skin and they showed up fine. The packaging is pretty crappy and I always end up using my own eye shadow brushes from Bonne Bell. *shrugs* They are good for the price.

I really regret buying my expert eyes quad! The colors are very pretty - blue, pink, lilac, and green but I cannot get the pink or lilac to show up on my fair skin! Even if I do get the blue and green to show they dont last more then an hour.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I bought an eye shadow quad with a bright neon blue, pastel blue, pastel purple and white. I love it so much! it came packaged with some lipstick that I don't like and some bright blue nail polish, but all 3 of those things were all packaged together and they were only $4 at target, so I was psyched cuz I had been eyeing that bright blue eye shadow for awhile. I wear it every day with a little bit of the purple around the corners of my eyes, and I get so many compliments on my eye makeup. it was funny when I went on a date the other night and the guy I was with told me he didn't like how much eyemakeup I was wearing (blue shadow with blue eyeliner...big deal) and while I was with him I got like 3 different compliments on my eye makeup. haha. I layer this stuff over a cheapy cream eye shadow from the dollar tree (actually it was maybelline, I don't know why it was at the dollar tree) so it stays on all day long, even overnight if I don't wash it off (yuck)

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I buy this in a variety of colors, I like it because it looks nice on my fair skin and dosen't overpower. It goes on well if you clean off your sponge every week so the extra dosen't build up.After about 6 hours it does crease in the middle of your eyes, which can be kind of annoying. I like it enough to keep buying it.