Dr. Brandt Skincare Pores No More Pore Refiner Primer

Dr. Brandt Skincare Pores No More Pore Refiner Primer
Dr. Brandt pores no more

3.4

New 7.19.2018: Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Lauryl Peg/Ppg-18/18 Methicone, Peg/Ppg-18/18 Dimethicone, Cyclotetrasiloxane, Magnesium Silicate, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Linum Usitatissimum (Linseed) Seed Extract, Dimethyl Oxobenzo Dioxasilane, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Phenoxyethanol, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Silica, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Caprylyl Glycol, Propylene Glycol, Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499).-----------------------------------------------------------------------Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Water, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Sodium Stearyl Fumarate, Lauryl PEG/PPG-18/18 Methicone, Magnesium Silicate, Linum Usitatissimum (Linseed) Seed Extract, Octyl Palmitate, Phenoxyethanol, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Methylparaben, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Dimethyloxobenzo Dioxasilane, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxide (CI 77491), Iron Oxide (CI 77492), Iron Oxide (CI 77499). 6/7/09

on 7/26/2018 11:06:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I haven't had great luck with primers so I got a sample of this at Sephora to try out. I've used it for a month and I like it a lot but I have a few caveats. One, it can be drying. My skin is oily and after using this for about 5 days straight, I noticed some flakiness around my nose. I made a point to use a moisturizer in the evenings and the flakiness went away. Two, the smell. It has tea-tree oil in it and it makes it smell antiseptic. It doesn't bother me but some folks are sensitive to scents. Finally, the cost. The travel sized primer is about $22. I don't use this all over my face, just on my nose and chin, but other people might go through a tube quicker
than me.

All that said, I like the product a lot. It does keep me from being a complete oil slick in the summer and it fills in the pores on my nose. It also doesn't break me out which is rare. I will definitely purchase again.

on 7/19/2018 5:51:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I applied this and it did blur my pores, but I could see them clear as day on the middle of my forehead. The consistency of this primer is great, smooth - not too greasy - and not like other pore filling primers that are thick (Becca). I didn't notice a smell, either. I only purchased the mini size, which was still expensive.

First day wearing - I have inflamation forming around my nose area (both sides by my nose on my cheeks) where my pores are normally the WORST. Clear as day redness forming. I also have a little redness on the middle of my forehead between my two eyebrows. The ingredients in my version are different from the ingredients listed here, so I think something has changed - but it may be the Ethylhexyl Palmitate causing some issues (cosdna). It has a 4 level for being comedogenic. Ugh.

It also did not keep me matte - I am pretty shiny/oily, and this was okay, but not for the price.

ETA- washed my face when I got home, redness and bumps all along my nose/cheeks and middle forehead. Will not use again. Also, don't know how I missed that this is silicone-based (vs water) and after using only water-based primers, I know my skin prefers them. No more silicone primers for me. The next morning, my entire nose bridge, sides of nose and inner cheeks area are covered with red bumps, inflammation and whiteheads. ETA 7.24.2018 - my skin is still trying to recover from 8 hours of this primer on my skin. I thought it might be the palmitate that caused me issues but after doing more ingredient research (cosdna) a setting powder I've used for ages (years) daily has Ethylhexyl Palmitate and has never broke me out, so Im not sure that ingredient was the culprit. Unless palmitates are different in liquid vs powder forms, I cant be sure its what caused my breakout, but something in this primer did (by noon, I had bumps and redness- 4 hours). Maybe the linseed oil, Or lavender oil? Am going to test 2 other primers that are water based but include Ethylhexyl Palmitate and see what happens. Process of elimination. Ugh. Just be careful if you have acne prone, sensitive skin.

on 2/2/2018 8:43:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

I bought this and didn’t fall in love with it at first. However, I started using it again recently and I can’t believe I ever put it down. It completely retextures my skin and gives me a flawless finish that lasts all day. It smells herbal in a strange way, but once it’s blended on the skin, you honestly don’t notice it. I prefer this product to Hourglass’s Mineral Veil (and I believe it’s cheaper).

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

This is a product I had to immediately return after one use. It simply smells horrible. I don't know how anyone could where it on their face. It has such a strong, powerful smell that makes me want to gag. Usually, these types of products with a fragrance make me break out.

I bought it online with an Ulta coupon because I heard that it was some people's holy grail primer. I have looked time and time again but failed to find a primer, even the porefessional, that will truly mask my large pores. I was so excited to try it. But I couldn't even use it after one pump because of the smell and I did not see a blurring effect whatsoever.

It is also very, very expensive. More expensive than a typical high-end primer. The expensiveness along with the horrible fragrance and the failure to smooth my face makes me never want to see this product again.

Let me tell you I usually don´t review products but I had too on this one. ç
I have a SUPER oily T-zone. I have so much trouble with my foundation from running or becoming shiny, sometimes I rather not use any because I feel dirty and gross.
One time at sephora one of the ladies recommended it to me, and said it would do wonders. I didn´t believe her because before that nothing, NOTHING, had worked. I asked for a sample, which is a tip i would give everyone to do with cosmetics.

I got to say, my T-zone has never been the same. IT WORKED WONDERS. My nose had never been so oil free in my life. My pores where reduced also, but for the most part my oil was kept at bay for the whole day.

Definitely recommend this product !!!!!!!

on 11/24/2017 9:53:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Sooooo disappointed in this! Was so excited because of all the rave on YouTube, super expensive for a primer and it’s really liquidy I was expecting it to have a similar texture to the porefessional by benefit. Doesn’t cover pores that amazing for the price returned !

on 9/29/2017 12:30:00 PM

Got it as a sample from sephora....tried it for 2 days....didn't do anything. t-zone still oily as usual. Don't buy!!!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I used this once (before washing it off immediately) and I'm now suffering from PTSD.
For one thing, it's tinted; which I don't understand.
For another thing, it smells like turpentine. Not "oh kinda reminds me of turpentine" but eye-tearing, actual varnish removing turpentine. I just can't get past that and I refuse to believe that it's not potentially harmful, definitely not beneficial, to skin.
My skin is not sensitive and I never break out. Ive used products on my face intended to remove callouses on feet. But this is where I draw the line.

on 9/16/2017 2:15:00 PM

This is my holy grail! I have very oily skin..and by 2pm (with other primers) I'd be SOO oily. This product keeps me matte ALL DAY! Without drying out my skin. I never thought I'd find a product like this. It is on the expensive end but it works so i buy it all the time. Makes my skin look wonderful. I can't say enough good things about this product. I have been using it for almost 2 years!

on 9/14/2017 10:30:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

First of this stuff smells like pinesol and I freaking love it! Makes me feel nostalgic. Gramma scrubbing the floors. Ahhh.

I went to Sephora and got a sample of this product. The nice lady just about filled up the sample container so it will last me a good while.

This you can get in a few different sizes:

.5 oz $22 USD
1 oz. $45 USD
1.7 oz $60 USD

Woo that's a bit pricey for what it actually does. It did help fill in my pores. I tap it onto the areas I need help with. Blends out very nicely. Easy product to work with. Nothing ever seems to help keep my oils at bay and this product isn't any different. It did help my makeup last all day and I didn't have any adverse reaction to it. There isn't anything to great that I can say that would soften the blow of that price unfortunately. I'm a pretty frugal person when it comes to where I put my hard earned money and this product just isn't it.