Dr. Brandt Pores No More

Dr. Brandt Pores No More

3.5

Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Water, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Sodium Stearyl Fumarate, Lauryl PEG/PPG-18/18 Methicone, Magnesium Silicate, Linum Usitatissimum (Linseed) Seed Extract, Octyl Palmitate, Phenoxyethanol, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Methylparaben, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Dimethyloxobenzo Dioxasilane, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxide (CI 77491), Iron Oxide (CI 77492), Iron Oxide (CI 77499). 6/7/09

on 6/10/2016 7:02:00 PM

I returned this even though I bought the small tube during the Sepora VIB sale ($14) It broke me out and clogged all the pores especially where I was "dabbing" it under the eye area where my pores are really big, I had a new pimple in that area by the time I came home in the same evening, blurs the pores for a few minutes then are back to normal and oily and yes, doesn't control any oil as claimed ...

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Goes on greasy and does not minimize pores at all.

To Read all 208 Reviews, Login or Join

on 4/10/2016 6:50:00 PM

This product didn't work for me. First of all it burned on application which was bad enough that I wouldn't use it again. It kinda covers the pores on my nose but it didn't do a thing for the pores on my cheeks. When I looked in the mirror after application, I looked awful and cakey and my pores seemed accentuated. :( just no. Btw this product has that strong medicinal (tea tree oil) dr Brandt product smell if you were wondering.

●Didn't work for me
●Made me oily
●Didn't cover pores, not even a little bit.
●On me, it never set & made everything slip and slide with the slightest touch.

Was easy to apply, nice scent, didn't ball up

I am someone who is always on the lookout to find a primer that really blurs my large pores!!! I just purchased this product recently, and I must say that I am very impressed so far with the results!! I have combination skin with an oily t-zone and this primer seems to be really helping in that area of my face. My go to primer has been Hourglass Mineral Primer, and I have been using that primer for three years, but this primer is definietly turning my head, and improving the look of my pores!!

on 1/20/2016 1:20:00 AM

this is the only pore filler that worked for me...and i tired quiet few (Benefit, Dior, Nyx...etc)

on 11/6/2015 10:15:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Terrible! No oil control and broke me out majorly! I got a sample and thought I'd try it and it broke me out within hours. I haven't had cystic acne in years until now! UGH!

on 7/1/2015 3:16:00 PM

OK so I feel badly that Dr. Brandt himself is no longer with us, but that doesn't change how I feel about this product. I normally don't use primers, but I got a sample of this one so I figured I would give it a try. The first time I used it, I was impressed with the silky texture and the peachy tint. I used it under IT CC cream, and my oily skin seemed just as oily, if not more so. Next use was under my new beloved MAC lightful tinted cream. This time, I could tell that it didn't do anything to my pores, and the greasiness was worse than it is with no primer (I looked greasy versus dewy and youthful). I haven't liked anything made by this company so I probably won't bother trying anything again.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

PROS

- oil control
- increases wear of foundation
- works well under/over makeup

CONS

- temporarily fills in pores
- price
- scent
- dries skin out

COMMENTS: This does make a difference in terms of having better control of my oil production, but I have to pair this with a long wearing foundation. I don't have the same effect if I'm wearing a more hydrating foundation. As for pores, the effect is temporary. I'm not fond of the scent or price, either. I do like the fact that they offer a travel version, which is what I have. My main issue is that this won't work with every foundation I have. I hate that. I've also noticed that the more I wear this, the drier my skin has gotten.

Will not repurchase.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I do not understand why every subscription service and beauty retailer feels the need to throw in a sample tube of this with every single order, but I have gone through about 10 sample tubes of this so far. I feel like it's being forced on me in every direction, which annoys me since I have a pathological need to use every single sample I receive EVER. In fact, two different subscription services enclosed TWO tubes of this on two different occasions in the same bag/box. I will say it's a decent mattifying formula as someone with very oily skin. There's quite a visible difference upon first applying this. I do not have particularly large pores, so this is not something I can give much insight on. However, despite the visible impact it has upon application, I do not find it does much in terms of keeping my skin matte any more than simply using a setting powder, a different primer, etc. My oily skin still needs some touch ups after some time. This is why I will never cave and actually spend the $45 on a full sized version of this (1 oz). There are also 0.5 oz versions of this available for $15. (And I apparently have a never ending supply of sample tubes of this coming my way.) I generally prefer a silicone primer (Smashbox, Vincent Longo, Lancme), and this is definitely silicone-y with an added concoction of tea tree oil (which is what this smells like) and flaxseed (hence the powdery feel to it). I dig the skincare benefits to this, but it'll never be HG status for me. It is, first and foremost, a primer. I don't feel as though it prolongs my makeup at all. I feel it creates a very smooth/nice canvas to get me started. However, it lacks the staying power a great primer is made of.