L'Oreal Paris Elvive Anti Breakage Intense Mask

Filtered by skin type : Combination
L'Oreal Paris Elvive Anti Breakage Intense Mask

3.0

on 9/26/2007 7:45:00 AM

i bought this product cuz i was looking for a deep conditioning treatment for my hair, as i use a hot iron like every other day...when i first used it, i didnt like it, i felt like it doesnt do much for my hair....but when i used it the second and third time...WOW...my hair looked n felt amazing...super shiny, super soft, totally frizz free...i guess its supposed to work over time, so u have to use it 2 or 3 times to get its benefit...but do be careful n dont use too much on ur roots if u have oily or normal hair, cuz they get oily quickly then...concentrate on midlengths to ends...also leave it on for 10 min ( not 2)
overall i think this is better than many ive used b4, esp garnier treatments....but ill have to wait for like a month to see whether or not it prevented split ends!

on 8/21/2007 8:34:00 AM

I am quite impressed with this product. I have fine, highlighted, just-below-shoulder length hair, which has quite damaged ends from heat stylying. As I am now trying to rectify this and stop the ends from breaking off, I decided to try this product. It is quite thick, but nice to apply, and combs through hair easily. It does have quite a strong fruity smell, but this doesn't linger once it's all rinsed off after the stated two minutes. Once hair is dry, it is left feeling clean, soft (but not over-soft) and conditioned. There is absolutely no feeling of residue or build-up, or of hair being weighed down. I'm not sure how intensive this conditioner is (I have a feeling there are better ones out there) but it is nice to give hair a quick boost. I am also not sure about how much it prevents breakage - my hair has been a lot better recently, but I have been doing a combination of things (less heat styling, sulfate-free shampoo etc) to improve this. I may re-purchase this in the future, but I would like to try out a few more intensive conditioners.

on 12/26/2006 9:16:00 AM

I really like this mask. Inexpensive but makes my medium thickness, straight hair nice and shiny and soft. The tub's ok but it means I probably use more of it than I need.

on 12/13/2012 7:48:00 AM

I really liked this product, but the thing is - it leaves so much residue in your hair, and like a layer of silicone. It works so well, makes my hair so soft, but I have really oily hair and this just made it even worse.

on 11/11/2006 10:02:00 PM

I purchased this at my beloved Boots when on holiday in London recently. I didnít buy it because I believe a mask can actually stop breakage of hair but because I wanted to try all of the Elvive masks on the market to see if they are almost as good as salon quality in terms of moisture and leaving my hair soft and smooth. The answer is that I do prefer my favourite salon masks better but these are pretty good for a drugstore brand. This one seems to add a reasonable amount of moisture to my hair. I do prefer the Elvive mask for coloured hair as I found that to be the most moisturising. Itís a pity the full Elvive line isnít available in Australia.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I gave this more than a second chance, in fact I got through half a tub. But it just didn't work for me. Left my fine, curly hair oddly sticky and knotty, and also the strong perfume made my scalp itch. Back to searching!

on 6/21/2010 4:50:00 AM

Honestly, this did nothing for my hair. Absolutely nothing. I had never tried something like this before, but I hope other brands produce better products, because this was a disappointment.

on 11/17/2007 5:28:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I have noticed any improvement after using this. Will not buy again. There are better treatments out there. Very disappointed with this, as the rest of the range (apart from the masks) seem really really good. I was expecting big things here, and was let down