NARS Oasis

NARS Oasis

4.2

Talc, Cetearyl Isononanoate, Stearoxy Dimethicone, Acetylated, Lanolin Alcohol, Cetyl Acetate, Isopropyl Lanolate, BHA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Triclosan MAY CONTAIN: Mica,CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide) CI 77491 CI 77492 CI 77499 (Iron Oxides) CI 15850 (Red 7 Lake) CI 45380 (Red 22 Lake) CI 45410 (Red 28 Lake) CI 12085 (Red 36 Lake) CI 12085 (Red 36) CI 19140 (Yellow 5 Lake) CI 77007 (Ultramarines) CI 77288 (Chromium Oxide Greens) CI 77289 (Chromium Hydroxide Green) CI 77000 (Aluminum Powder) CI 15850 (Red 7)

Once upon a time, there was a princess who adored bold blushes. This princess could not be satisfied unless she had some vibrant shade of red or pink applied to her cheeks. In time, of course, the princess wished for something more neutral, that wouldn't turn orange but would still look flattering on her cool olive NC25 skin tone.

And then NARS Oasis, her muted raspberry rose-colored knight in shimmering golden armor whom she had long admired from afar, fell into her Sephora basket and found its way to her castle. The princess eagerly picked up her brush and swept the blush onto her cheeks...only to find, to her chagrin, that her face looked like she'd been out in the frost for far too long (which is a lovely look when done sparingly). Unperturbed, she wiped off what was on her face, and began again.

This time, the princess tapped her brush into the product only once, and patted the blush onto her cheek before she swirled to blend in order to avoid patchiness. The shimmers that were in the pan melted away as if by magic. The princess found that as pigmented as Oasis was, it blended more seamlessly into her skin than her much-loved matte finishes. She then appeared to have more structured cheekbones and more glowy skin, even without highlighter, and the result was enchanting and lasted all day.

Having found her Prince Charming of blushes, the princess kept Oasis in her daily makeup rotation for many moons -- legend has it that she still loves it dearly to this day.

And the princess and her blush lived happily ever after. The end.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I brought this "out of retirement" after not wearing it for some time, because I wanted a neutral blush to wear with a cooler toned makeup look. I don't know if it's just me, or if I bought a dud, but my experience with this blush has not been anything to write home about. And, for a product that set me back quite a few bucks, that is a disappointment indeed.
I don't recall my initial impression of this blush, but obviously I didn't care for it much because I stopped wearing it. NARS blushes have been largely hit and miss with me; I feel there's some inconsistency with their formulas, where the matte shades are really creamy and pigmented, and the shimmery ones are chunky glitter bombs that don't blend evenly. Sadly, Oasis falls into the second category.
The blush is a medium, neutral mauvey berry color with some gold "shimmer" (looks more like glitter to me). It is a dry blush, lots of shimmer will transfer to your face and also quite a bit of pigment, but unfortunately it looks blotchy on me. I was scared to build up the color because I could see it was patchy even after one swipe.
I will say the color itself is nice, and it is long-wearing. Aside from that, I regret having to say that I don't recommend this. I feel like NARS has better products to offer just in the blush category alone. I don't mind shimmer in my blushes, but it has to be more finely milled and creamy than this.

on 8/9/2013 10:03:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This blush had wayyy too much glitter, which is ashame but it was a really pretty color.
I'd love a matte version of this, but I was quick to return this blush.

Everytime I looked in the mirror all I saw was specks of glitter literally all over my face. I felt like a little kid. I would try to wipe the glitter away and is just end up wiping the blush off- completely pointless

Pretty color but for me personally I can't stand having glitter everywhere on my face.

on 1/27/2014 10:55:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Love Nars so much and I bought this off Sephora kinda on description only and I am so glad I did. I pretty much love all my Nars blushes I have bought so far maybe not so much deep throat but I bought that with the laguna so maybe that's why. Anyway this is my favorite so far. Its a light sweet pink on me with shimmer yes it's nars and it has shimmer. With lots of pigment . Actually just as described pink champagne. Love it! Can't wait to own all the Nars blushes! Only thing I noticed about this though is it's a little more powdery with excess after I swipe my brush than my other Nars blushes that I own. I currently own, Sin,Orgasm, Albatross, Laguna,deep throat duo.

All time favourite blush for summer nights. I love it in winter but when the skin is sun tanned it gives the most beautiful glow (I am NC 35) Don't be scared of the "champagne" glitter. It is not obvious on the face. I don't think it works at all for fair skin but for medium- tanned it is the best. In my case it looks much better than orgasm. Be careful with the application. It is really pigmented.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Nars says this is a sparkling pink champaign color. I would agree with that, but it's a darker, berry shade of pink. It has a small amount of shimmer, but most of it disappears on the skin. Its the perfect shade for fall and winter. Nars blushes are highly pigmented, last long on the skin, and the whole blush will last a long time because you only need a small amount.

on 1/21/2013 1:51:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

My go to blush. I owned this blush for years and wear it all the time and I barely see dent it in. It's a lovely pinky/plummy colour on my NC40ish skin. I wear it all year round and it was even my winter wedding blush. It matches all types of eye/lip combos so I find it pretty neutral. It has medium pigmentation so it's very buildable or you can apply a light dusting. I can't say anything bad about Oasis. They glitter doesn't show up at all but gives the blush a soft sheen to it so it's not matte or flat.

I love NARS blushes. This one took me a while to win my love, but it eventually did. It is now my signature winter blush. This is a mauve colour, with beautiful shimmer. The shimmer looks outrageous in the pan, but is barely noticeable on the face. It is a warmer mauve. If you have Sin, and you compare it to this, Sin is cooler, and therefore, will look very red and very dark on yellow-toned skin, very quickly. Oasis is extremely pigmented, to the point of being almost difficult to use. For a period of time, I thought it looked extremely unflattering on my face. I am very pale in winter, and recently, I noticed that if you are very pale, this would look very very good with a very light hand. It will look like you have blush on, but it looks like very pretty blush, very sweet but sophisticated looking. Or if you have olive or darker skin, it would also look like a natural flush. But if you are somewhere in between, it is a little bit harder to work with. Sometimes it will look muddy, sometimes it will age you, sometimes it just looks like you've got too much going on on your face. It will even look like contour if you put it slightly under your cheekbone. Therefore, I almost don't know if I should recommend this. I love it though, it looks very good with nude or red lipstick on pale skin. It also goes with shimmery neutral eyes very nicely. The one thing that it is also very good is that it works extremely beautifully with dark brunette to black hair. I don't suggest you to rush out and buy this immediately, but you should definitely try this out, as it is very beautiful if you get it right.

This is such a pretty color, and it's super pigmented - so a tiny bit goes a lot way.

on 4/11/2013 7:49:00 PM

Another Nars blush that i love! (Actually i love all the nars blush in my collection) :) Oasis is such a beautiful pink/plum shade with subtle shimmer that i can wear everyday, from day to night. As always, Nars blushes are very pigmented, so just a little amount goes a long way. My pan of Oasis lasted months and months. I love Oasis with plum/berry/mauve lippie shades. This shade is so beautiful. Will definitely repurchase!