OPI Mod About You

4.2

on 5/10/2017 10:26:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I've had Mod About You since last summer, but have just now tried it for the first time. I saw it on a girl at the office and had to ask her what colour it was because it was such a gorgeous shade of pink. Having said that, it was horrible to apply. Its thick and it doesn't self level well. The first coat (over Essie Grow Stronger basecoat) went on streaky and it was hard to move the polish around with the brush to cover all over the nail, so much so that I had to dip the brush twice for each nail to finish painting it. I was hoping that the second coat would smooth everything out, but it applied much in the same way. It looked better and I could have gotten away with leaving it, but I proceeded with a third coat and that's when it all came together. I loaded alot more polish onto my brush this time and it moved around more fluidly. When finished the third coat I had full coverage but could see areas that weren't that smooth around the sides of my nails. My excellent topcoat (Essie Good To Go) smoothed everything out transforming the rough areas into butter before my very eyes. Bottom line is that even though I only gave it 3 lippies (due to terrible application) I would still recommend this polish because its a gorgeous colour. It requires some patience (and a good topcoat) as the journey to the end result is frustrating!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I'm absolutely in love with this polish. I have it in the gel version, which I know makes my review really about that product, but this is exactly the color and texture I was looking for to wear on my wedding day and I found it! I was on the hunt for a few months and bought about 6-7 pale to medium pink gel polishes from Gelish, Essie, and OPI and tried them all out multiple times and this is the winner! It's no't so pale to be confused with white, definitely a light yet bright petal pink with a cool-toned base. I used 3 coats for the best texture and coverage, but could've gotten away with 2. This lasts for about 2 weeks when I do my gel polish at home with UV light and I adore this color!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Grey, Curly, Medium

Mod About You is a very chalky bubblegum pink.The streaking is just awful.I did not like it on my hands,but it was great on my toes.I don't know if i would buy this again,probably not.

on 12/21/2015 4:59:00 AM

I've been very surprised by this product, I didn't expect it to be so good. First, it can be opaque in one coat, especially if your nails are short like mine, just remember to apply it kinda generously. It is almost not streaky at all, if you care not to drag it, and it levels out nicely; moreover, it dries fast and lasted me four days without chipping (I removed it because I wanted to change color, but I could've kept it longer on my nails). The color is amazing and I'm sure it can suit any skin colour. Definitely it is one of the best Opi polishes that I own.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral

A very nice pale pink shade that looks beautiful and natural on. Looks like it would be a nice shade for a bride to wear or someone looking for a conservative nail shade for work or for interviewing in.

Searched all over and finally found this color. Guess what? Did not like it at all. Way too pink/ lavender. Happy I was able to test it out before I bought it. I passed! Would rather have Essie Fiji or OPI Suzi Shops. This is a for sure pass on for me!!!!!

on 6/26/2015 5:59:00 PM

This is an awesome, staple pastel light pink- good all year round but perfect for spring and summer! I bought this hoping it'd be a dupe for Essie Fiji (which i found really streaky) as some other reviews had suggested but its a little bit darker, not close enough for me to say its a true dupe. The formula is awesome, creamy and gorgeous like most other opis.

on 2/18/2015 3:38:00 AM

This is one of those killer, everyone-should-own-this polishes from OPI. Light and bright pastel bubblegum pink with a tiny touch of lavender. It looks AMAZING on the nail, I love this one!

The formula is slightly thick and streaky but easy to work with overall, this polish does a good job of self-leveling. Four lippies instead of five because I found I needed three coats to be satisfied with the results instead of the usual two. 2 coats still looked slightly patchy and uneven.

Overall, I highly recommend this one and I'd definitely buy it again.
A must-have for your collection!

on 2/6/2015 5:11:00 PM

I really like this color although it seems to chip really quickly even w a good topcoat. Very feminine and modern. Takes two coats to look best.

This is my go-to nail polish for pedicures - it is a beautiful baby pastel pink that I get compliments on all the time. I am on my fourth bottle of this stuff and still love it. I would recommend that you use a top coat with this polish to make it last longer... it holds its color beautifully.

Popular Polishes