OPI Mod About You

OPI Mod About You

4.2

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Mod About You is a classic OPI shade and a cult favourite - and it is clear to see why. This shade is gorgeous pastel pink perfection. It is milky but not chalky and is clearly pink, it doesn't pull white at all. It is a very girly, Barbie colour. It has an excellent formula, two coats is all you need to reach full opacity. The polish applies evenly, both coats did not have any issues with streakiness or patchiness. It dried quickly and to a shiny finish. This shade is flattering on all skin tones as the shade of pink is quite neutral - neither particularly warm or cool. Pale skins can rock this as well as dark skins can, this colour really seems to be universal. I highly recommend this polish to anyone looking for a gorgeous, girly pale pink. This one has a great formula and the colour just cannot be passed by. This shade is a real compliment getter and perfect for days where you feel flirty and fun. This is one of my favourite OPI shades ever. Definitely jump on the bandwagon and pick this baby up. A+

on 5/10/2017 10:26:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I've had Mod About You since last summer, but have just now tried it for the first time. I saw it on a girl at the office and had to ask her what colour it was because it was such a gorgeous shade of pink. Having said that, it was horrible to apply. Its thick and it doesn't self level well. The first coat (over Essie Grow Stronger basecoat) went on streaky and it was hard to move the polish around with the brush to cover all over the nail, so much so that I had to dip the brush twice for each nail to finish painting it. I was hoping that the second coat would smooth everything out, but it applied much in the same way. It looked better and I could have gotten away with leaving it, but I proceeded with a third coat and that's when it all came together. I loaded alot more polish onto my brush this time and it moved around more fluidly. When finished the third coat I had full coverage but could see areas that weren't that smooth around the sides of my nails. My excellent topcoat (Essie Good To Go) smoothed everything out transforming the rough areas into butter before my very eyes. Bottom line is that even though I only gave it 3 lippies (due to terrible application) I would still recommend this polish because its a gorgeous colour. It requires some patience (and a good topcoat) as the journey to the end result is frustrating!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I'm absolutely in love with this polish. I have it in the gel version, which I know makes my review really about that product, but this is exactly the color and texture I was looking for to wear on my wedding day and I found it! I was on the hunt for a few months and bought about 6-7 pale to medium pink gel polishes from Gelish, Essie, and OPI and tried them all out multiple times and this is the winner! It's no't so pale to be confused with white, definitely a light yet bright petal pink with a cool-toned base. I used 3 coats for the best texture and coverage, but could've gotten away with 2. This lasts for about 2 weeks when I do my gel polish at home with UV light and I adore this color!

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral

A very nice pale pink shade that looks beautiful and natural on. Looks like it would be a nice shade for a bride to wear or someone looking for a conservative nail shade for work or for interviewing in.

on 12/21/2015 4:59:00 AM

I've been very surprised by this product, I didn't expect it to be so good. First, it can be opaque in one coat, especially if your nails are short like mine, just remember to apply it kinda generously. It is almost not streaky at all, if you care not to drag it, and it levels out nicely; moreover, it dries fast and lasted me four days without chipping (I removed it because I wanted to change color, but I could've kept it longer on my nails). The color is amazing and I'm sure it can suit any skin colour. Definitely it is one of the best Opi polishes that I own.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Grey, Curly, Medium

Mod About You is a very chalky bubblegum pink.The streaking is just awful.I did not like it on my hands,but it was great on my toes.I don't know if i would buy this again,probably not.

on 2/18/2015 3:38:00 AM

This is one of those killer, everyone-should-own-this polishes from OPI. Light and bright pastel bubblegum pink with a tiny touch of lavender. It looks AMAZING on the nail, I love this one!

The formula is slightly thick and streaky but easy to work with overall, this polish does a good job of self-leveling. Four lippies instead of five because I found I needed three coats to be satisfied with the results instead of the usual two. 2 coats still looked slightly patchy and uneven.

Overall, I highly recommend this one and I'd definitely buy it again.
A must-have for your collection!

Searched all over and finally found this color. Guess what? Did not like it at all. Way too pink/ lavender. Happy I was able to test it out before I bought it. I passed! Would rather have Essie Fiji or OPI Suzi Shops. This is a for sure pass on for me!!!!!

on 6/26/2015 5:59:00 PM

This is an awesome, staple pastel light pink- good all year round but perfect for spring and summer! I bought this hoping it'd be a dupe for Essie Fiji (which i found really streaky) as some other reviews had suggested but its a little bit darker, not close enough for me to say its a true dupe. The formula is awesome, creamy and gorgeous like most other opis.

on 2/6/2015 5:11:00 PM

I really like this color although it seems to chip really quickly even w a good topcoat. Very feminine and modern. Takes two coats to look best.

Popular Polishes