NARS Stolen Kisses

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
NARS Stolen Kisses
nars belize female trouble stolen kisses dolce

3.4

on 4/22/2011 9:27:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

There's lots to love about this one, when you talk about the gloss itself.

This is a great, medium-sheer (but still with good color payoff) caramel-pinky nude, that avoids the cadaver-nude look that I often run into with neutrals. My lips don't have all that much pigment, anyway, so this makes them look great, very natural. Great with a smoky eye or just for every day. I agree there's a slight smell of lanolin, definitely, but I notice that it goes away after 5-10 minutes and I don't find it unbearable.

The price is an awful, awful lot for a gloss - but given the fact that it has great staying power and I keep using it, rather than stacking it with the other would-be wonders in my closet, I think it's a worthy purchase.

NARS packaging can be a nightmare, since it gets covered in whatever may have even slightly spilled in your makeup bag, but a quick rub with a damp towel takes it off - until you put it back in there. oh well. Could be worse, right?

This was my first NARS lipgloss I love the color, however I was very dissapointed with the staying power. Maybe its because I have very pigmented lips but when I put this on, thirty mins later my natural lip color is showing through :( If you love NARS and/or if you don't have very pigmented lips you might want to give it a shot as it is a beautiful color, a sheer dark caramel with some pink in it. I will not repurchase however I do plan on looking for a similar color with better staying power.

on 3/19/2007 5:47:00 PM

Love this gloss, the perfect neutral thats fleshy and creamy without being too nude or washed out at all. It is about 1 shade lighter than my lips and makes them look very full and pouty. It appears shiny matte on the lips but when you look REALLY close you can see almost indistingishable(sp??) gold shimmer, i really dont like shimmer lately though so no worries if you dont either, it just looks like shine. Ive been wearing it all week by itself and on top of their sabrina lip treatment, which is very light pink. both look gorgeous. Im thinkin HG neutral gloss.

This is the perfect nude lip gloss for me. I am NC20 and I have a hard time finding nude lipglosses because they usually wash me out. This, however, is very neutral and I like that it isn't extremely highly pigmented because that's what makes it look good on me. A nice pinky, mauve-y, caramel-y color. Would repurchase.

on 10/14/2006 1:04:00 PM

This was a pretty color but like others have said it had very little pigment and was very very sheer and barely showed up. I returned it. Would not buy again. The color sort of reminded me of Butterfield 8 lip laquer.