NARS Stolen Kisses

NARS Stolen Kisses
nars belize female trouble stolen kisses dolce

4.2

This lipgloss is just plain ugly on me. It is a flat, light brown with a TINY bit of pink. It just clashes terribly with my skin coloring (NC37-42). This plastic odor is also a turn off. I will not be finishing my tube, let alone repurchasing. For reference, NC 37-42 olive complexion.

on 10/11/2006 4:42:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Stolen Kisses looks absolutely gorgeous in the package. And who could resist the delicious description put out by Nars? Want to know the truth? Stolen Kisses has NO color. Reportedly richly pigmented, it simply has no color. It does provide a very glossy finish. But if glossy lips are all you're after, wouldn't a dollar gloss at the corner pharmacy do just as well? I repeat--this shade does not provide any pigment. SAVE your money on this one is my advice. Nars is far too expensive a product to waste on a dud like this one.

on 3/8/2011 5:40:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

This lipgloss is nothing special in my opinion. It is a nude pink brown on my MAC NW45/47 complexion. I do like it as I do love nude lip color but its nothing special. I will return!

This was my first NARS lipgloss I love the color, however I was very dissapointed with the staying power. Maybe its because I have very pigmented lips but when I put this on, thirty mins later my natural lip color is showing through :( If you love NARS and/or if you don't have very pigmented lips you might want to give it a shot as it is a beautiful color, a sheer dark caramel with some pink in it. I will not repurchase however I do plan on looking for a similar color with better staying power.

on 10/14/2006 1:04:00 PM

This was a pretty color but like others have said it had very little pigment and was very very sheer and barely showed up. I returned it. Would not buy again. The color sort of reminded me of Butterfield 8 lip laquer.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

Eh..this shade doesn’t even show up on me. It’s like wearing a gooey lip balm. I still like it as it layers nicely over my darker matte lipsticks. The price is unforgivable. Once this tube is through…I’m through with stolen kisses.

on 1/21/2008 1:01:00 PM

Love the color, but I can't stand the rubbery stink. I will try to use it up until it's done, but I doubt I will repurchase unless they change the smell. The color is perfect for smokey eye looks and makes the lips look full.

on 8/24/2007 8:50:00 PM

Hair: Red, Other, Medium

I think the color of this product is great - but I don't like the texture. But I think texture of lipgloss (thin v. sticky) is a very personal thing.

I prefer sticky (Bobbi Brown, Clinique) because it stays on longer and I'm tough on lipgloss (eating and drinking constantly, smoking, etc.). NARS is just too thin. It slides out to the edges of my lips and looks weird. Would not repurchase, but I had to try it because they have such a nice color selection.

on 9/22/2006 10:40:00 PM

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

I finally got to play with this at Sephora and I was really disappointed. It's very muddy (I believe "caramel" is Nar's euphemism for muddy) and isn't that unique of a shade. Yes it's different from any other existing Nars shade, but IMO it's a sheerer version of MAC's VGV, which is a lot cheaper. Thus... I saved my $23 and didn't buy it. Check it out in person before you purchase it if you can!

on 4/22/2011 9:27:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

There's lots to love about this one, when you talk about the gloss itself.

This is a great, medium-sheer (but still with good color payoff) caramel-pinky nude, that avoids the cadaver-nude look that I often run into with neutrals. My lips don't have all that much pigment, anyway, so this makes them look great, very natural. Great with a smoky eye or just for every day. I agree there's a slight smell of lanolin, definitely, but I notice that it goes away after 5-10 minutes and I don't find it unbearable.

The price is an awful, awful lot for a gloss - but given the fact that it has great staying power and I keep using it, rather than stacking it with the other would-be wonders in my closet, I think it's a worthy purchase.

NARS packaging can be a nightmare, since it gets covered in whatever may have even slightly spilled in your makeup bag, but a quick rub with a damp towel takes it off - until you put it back in there. oh well. Could be worse, right?