4.4

package quality

price range

Reviews

15 years ago

Love this! The scent is deliciously sweet but sophisticated. Mercifully sans the "sugar rush" that so may of the new dessert products have. The texture is perfect for a lip balm. I also use it as a cuticle cream. My little $9 pot has lasted me all winter and I still have plenty to go.

About reviewer (30 reviews)

SkinDry

EyesGreen

15 years ago

The scent of this shea butter is so heavenly! It's not over powering, but just a very warm, chocolate smell. I like to use this a lip balm, or on my hands. The small version is only $9, so not too expensive if you want to try it out.

About reviewer (27 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinNormal

15 years ago

One of my favorite bedtime creams. This stuff is really thick and sinks in nicely after you've had a bath and while your skin is still damp and warm. Much more rich then L'occitane's creams but also much harder to spread. You literally have to dig it out of the container and warm it in your hands before you can spread it. I love the heavenly scent of sweet orange blossoms and bitter chocolate. Expecially how the scent is not overtly sweet or strong. Foodie smells usually overwhelm me but Fresh has perfected the balance of fragrance in this cream. I also use this on my husband. I alternate between this and aquaphor to treat his preveiously cracked heels and rough elbows. Now they are as soft as mine and no longer reck havoc on the Satin sheets. Its a bit pricey at $38 for a 3.4 oz jar, so I gave it one less lippie. Otherwise its a wonderful luxury to have.

About reviewer (79 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinOther, Fair-Medium

15 years ago

In general, I find Fresh products living up to the hype and the price, unlike some brands, like BeneFit, for example. The Fleurs de Chocolat Orange Chocolate Shea Butter is a really wonderful product, that, as others have mentioned is multipurpose. I also like to use this on my lips, hands, and elbows, especially in the wintertime when I need a deep and emollient moisturizer. This is a very thick and nourishing body butter made of shea butter, with orange peels and bitter dark chocolate essences. Made in France. The performance is great as a shea butter and it really penetrates the skin well and leaves it moisturized and not greasy, after it's worked well into the skin. And the scent- a light and very delicious scent of dark chocolate orange that is out of this world good. One of my favorite indulgent products. Sephora sells a mini size for $9 if you don't want to spend the cash for the bigger size. This lasts a long time, as a little bit goes a long way. Wonderful product from the great Fresh line.

About reviewer (608 reviews)

Age

SkinAcne-prone, Fair

HairOther

EyesOther

15 years ago

Along with the Sugar Shea Butter, I love this as a lip balm! This one seems to me to spread a little easier but the Sugar may be slightly more emollient. They're both SUPERB for lips, though, so try one of the little containers. I rub the excess off on my cuticles. Smell and taste are delish too, of course.

About reviewer (206 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair

EyesGreen

2.0

15 years ago

I received this in a swap and the scent is VERY subtle and hard to detect. I'm not a fan of this shea butter as it's very hard and greasy...doesn't sink into my skin too well. I'll stick with the sugar shea just because i LOVE that smell :)

About reviewer (383 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinNormal, Other

2.0

16 years ago

I've used this product very gradually over a three-year period. I like the scent, a subtle chocolate orange. It's sublime layered with Fresh Lucia EDT. But shea butter shouldn't be such hard work; you have to practically dig it out and then melt it in your hands a little before it's spreadable. For that reason, I've found it impractical as an all-over body moisturizer. Now I use it on the heels and soles of my feet. The price is TOO much; it was expensive when I bought it in 2001 and it's even more now.

About reviewer (88 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

16 years ago

Smells fabulous and shea butter is one of the best things for your skin, but this is just barely shea butter -- it's refined beyond recognition, and insultingly overpriced. Still, the scent makes this just about worth the investment... <p>EDITED 11/26/04: Okay, I caved and bought the $9 mini version, which was just released. It smells HEAVENLY and makes a great lip balm and hand cream.

About reviewer (925 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure

HairBlond, Other, Other

3.0

16 years ago

This is just shea butter with a touch of scent added. You can barely smell the chocolate orange. For the price ($$$) you can probably get 3 of the L'occitane shea butter tins..same deal. Will not repurchase due to PRICE.

About reviewer (453 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinOily, Fair, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

16 years ago

Good quality butter and the smell is nice, but the price! I buy shea butter for 6.00 a pound. This is 30.00 for 4 oz.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinDry