Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Daily Scrub

Filtered by skin tone : Olive
Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Daily Scrub

3.8

Active Ingredient: Salicylic Acid (2%). Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cetyl Alcohol, PPG-15 Stearyl Ether, Polyethylene Glycolic Acid, Glycerin, Polysorbate 60, Steareth-21, C12-15 Alkyl Lactate, Cetyl Lactate, BHT, Neopentyl glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Disodium, EDTA, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Benzotriazolyl, Butylphenol Sulfonate, Sodium Hydroxide, Agar, Menthol, Benzalkonium Chloride, Iron Dioxide, Mica, Red 40, Red 30 Lake, Yellow 5, Titanium Dioxide, Fragrance

on 6/10/2016 11:51:00 AM

Surprised this doesn't have more reviews.

I'm 31, and since I was probably 21 this has been in my shower along with almost every girlfriend's of mine.

I don't suffer from acne and I don't think any of them ever have either, but this is just such a classic product. I use this when I need a little something extra on my skin (normally I use a gentle foaming cleanser followed by a little of this).

When I wash with this, my skin is left feeling clean but not tight and dry. This is the only salisylic acid product I use I think it's enough to keep even hormonal pimples that might have popped up at bay.

Will always have this product in my shower.

on 10/11/2014 8:40:00 AM

I bought this after I ran out of the face wash that came with the Neutrogena acne system. I used it for 5 days before I had to take it back to the store. This stuff broke me out something fierce! I went from having fairly clear skin to 6 pimples in 5 days. The scrubbing beads are nice but it leaves behind a film on my skin and makes it feel super oily.

LOVE IT!
Really soft scrub, for my delicate areas, and sometimes when my skin in playing up.

Leaves skin feeling smooth and clean!

on 2/20/2013 5:20:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Repurchased over and over again. A great scrub. It has very fine exfoliating beads that aren't too abrasive on the skin. Even my partner who has very sensitive skin can use it with no problems. Does a good job of exfoliating my skin and doesn't leave it with that tight feeling afterwards which I appreciate. I do use this daily and have found no problems with irration or break outs. Will continue to repurchase.

on 6/19/2012 5:49:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

For someone who has oily, acne prone skin like myself, this scrub is great. It has salicylic acid as an active ingredient which I find very effective in cutting through oils. I use it 3-4x per week to keep acne at bay. When I do get minor breakouts, this scrub dries them up within a couple of days. The scrub is also very good at removing makeup and leaves my skin feeling clean and fresh. I have not experienced any irritation from it but then I don't use it daily so the experience may be different for someone who has sensitive skin and use it everyday.

on 12/22/2010 1:29:00 PM

LOVE this scrub!

It is refreshing and makes my skin feel so smooth and clean afterwards. I use it in the shower in the morning as a wake me up, but really use it at night to exfoliate after using my beauty bar to clean and remove makeup.

I have tried other scrubs, and this one is amazing.

on 2/18/2010 6:48:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Omg! HG HG HG! I loooooooooooove this stuff. I have been using this for the past couple of years. It has been THE best thing for keeping my skin clear, and I've tried a ton of products. I've written reviews on several of the cleansers I've tried, and liked at the time, but none of them have given me as good results. I totally stock up on these whenever they go on sale because I know I'll go thru them. It take me about 1.5 months to use up one tube. I use this stuff morning and night. I don't follow it up with anything, no moisturizer, no BP, no SA, nothing...just straight to makeup if its the morning (I have oily skin though). I will occasionally get a blemish during TOTM and will dab on some spot treatment after washing with this, but aside from that NO breakouts whatsoever.

Oh, the only time I do deviate from using this is when I go to the carribean on vacation..using sunscreen and being in humid weather makes my skin more oily and congested, so I use the neutrogena graprefruit scented scrub (can't remember the exact name), I think it has 2% SA in it, its more drying than this cleanser, but it works great for when I'm oilier. I initially bought the graprefruit stuff because I thought it smelled nicer and wanted to just switch over to it, but turns out it dries me out too much at home (which is in Canada).

Anyway, if you try this product stick with it through the whole tube to give a fair chance. When I first tried it I thought the creamy texture would break me out, I always tended towards trasnparent cleansers which actually made my skin dry, this stuff seems to leave my skin properly balanced. I love it!!

on 1/2/2010 11:51:00 PM

The packaging is a no brainer and the price is moderate. But I have to agree with other MUA-ers that this product broke me out like never before. I am sitting here with 5 cystic pimples and I am putting my finger on this one item. Have used it for about a week and this must be the culprit. URGH!

-- UPDATE --
I dug this up from my stash and have since used it as a body scrub for my back which sometimes breaks out. It's been good so far and I'm almost reaching the bottom of the tube. At least it's useful for something other than a face scrub!

on 11/26/2009 11:01:00 PM

I love this product. I borrowed this from a friend and fell in love with the tingly feeling it gave my face during use. I purchased it for myself and after a while the tingly feeling went away but I still love the results. I love the fact that it is a scrub safe for daily use. It leaves my skin feeling soft, and most important of all it leaves it feeling clean. I have no plans of changing my use of this product in the near future. I love it. I do not have acne but I do not feel that this product is too strong for my skin.

i reallly wanted this product to work on my combo skin but it didn't. it smelt nice when i applied it and when i used it on my skin it felt smooth and clean. however, after a week of using this my skin has broken out so much. it's never been this bad. i don't know what's in it that my skin is reacting to, but i'm so disappointed and my skin is so bad right now. i'm going have to throw it out.
i've been breaking out all over my cheeks and my skin has red spots everywhere. i have never experienced any break out like this :(