Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Daily Scrub

Filtered by skin tone : Medium
Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Daily Scrub

3.8

Active Ingredient: Salicylic Acid (2%). Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cetyl Alcohol, PPG-15 Stearyl Ether, Polyethylene Glycolic Acid, Glycerin, Polysorbate 60, Steareth-21, C12-15 Alkyl Lactate, Cetyl Lactate, BHT, Neopentyl glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Disodium, EDTA, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Benzotriazolyl, Butylphenol Sulfonate, Sodium Hydroxide, Agar, Menthol, Benzalkonium Chloride, Iron Dioxide, Mica, Red 40, Red 30 Lake, Yellow 5, Titanium Dioxide, Fragrance

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I love this stuff. I've repurchased over and over again for the past four years.

on 4/7/2012 9:02:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

I do not have acne at the moment but decided to try this gentle daily scrub as I have been hearing many good reviews about it. I basically wanted to make sure I do not get any hormonal breakouts, and just to make sure my pores are as clean as possible.
After using this scrub, my face feels really fresh and clean, the pores seemed to be very small and clean.
UPDATE: My friend (male) tried this scrub just for few days and got lots of red bumps (weird breakouts) that he never had before. So I am not sure I will continue using this...

on 11/4/2011 10:57:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

If I'm not mistaken, I got this product from Walmart for about CDN$8 plus tax. At first, this product did a great job on smoothing my face since it does exfoliate. It also proved to remove the redness around my cheeks. However, after a week, my skin started beraking out. I'm not even talking about those white poppable pimples but those red painful ones that are underneath the skin. I didn't think it was the Neutrogena Daily Scrub since it gave me good initial results. But after continuing my use of this product for another 2 weeks, my breakouts won't stop. I finally put this product on hold and my skin slowly cleared up. It's so disappointing that this didn't work for me since I loved how it made my face felt clean and smooth. What a waste of money.

on 2/21/2011 6:40:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I don't really review face washes because I rarely see any improvement/results when I do decide to stick with one, but I felt this product deserves my praises. For reference I have combination, acne-prone skin leaning towards more of the cystic type of acne. I have used several other Neutrogena products targeted for acne-prone skin that yielded little to no results, but I think this daily scrub has truly improved my skin and it's clarity. I have been using this product consistently for the past 2 months both morning and night (in conjunction with my J&J Purpose cleanser) and it has done wonders for my skin. I think gentle daily exfoliation is what my skin needed - my face has been the clearest it has ever been since it went haywire 3 years ago. This product feels cool and refreshing on my skin and the exfoliating beads really are gentle. No burning, stinging or excessive drying - skin feels smooth and clean. Packaging is average and scent is like all Neutrogena face products. Found in most drugstores averaging between $4 - $6 depending on where you buy it. Will definitely repurchase.

on 2/6/2011 2:00:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

When I started using this product, my acne decreased. It didn't go away completely, but they are smaller and a lot less than before. When I stopped using this product, my acne came back. When I started using it again, it decreased again. This is the first time I ever really noticed a product make a difference. I use this in the morning when I shower and it makes my skin feel smooth and soft and clean. I hope they never discontinue this because it really works for me! Love it!

on 11/11/2010 8:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I used it everyday for two weeks. Didn't work for me.
I was looking for a cheaper alternative to Laura Mercier's Face Polish, which I had been using for a long time.
My face always felt a bit dirty after using this product. Plus, my skin never looked so bad and pimply after these two weeks. I'm not saying this caused me to break out, but since I didn't change anything else in my routine..it's obvious that this didn't do its job of preventing acne.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

ok so let me start off by saying that this product is AWESOMENESS. i have oily skin and before i found this god-send item, NOTHING worked for me. not even st. ives and clearasil!! (they were ok, but too drying) me and my mom picked this out because then (being 13) just realized that i had oily skin and it said oil-free.i've been using this product for a year and a half now and it worked good for my skin. the results are not like excellent, but over time i did see a great change to my skin~~ i only use this at night in the shower and rarely in the morning (i only do if i didnt the night before) also i use it with a spot treatment at times and it works well too~~ this leaves ur face soft after washing~~ for me, since using this i've only tried out another neutrogena face wash but immediately went back to this. as for the packaging, when i'm almost finished, i cut it open to scoop out the the remaining because it could get frustrating if u just try and squeeze it. the price for this is pretty good too~

on 7/22/2009 12:26:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is okay I guess. my face does feel clean, but it's not doing anything for my existing acne, which is what i wish it would do. It does make my face feel soft though. It says oil free, but (i have oily skin) it makes my face more oily than other cleansers that I have tried. so idk.

on 3/16/2009 1:56:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I just bought this scrub yesterday because I wanted to find something new and because I recieved my monthly breakout in the worst form so far. I usually don't get pimples on my forehead, but this month I had half a dozen. So, I bought this hopeing that it would be a scrub and get deep. I do like to use scrubs after a neutogena makeup remover cloth so I figured this might work since I find that most Neutrogena products are above average. I really like the scrubing granules. They are not super scratchy, but I can feel them cleaning. The liquid in the product does seem to clean my face well. I don't think this is an amazing product by any means, but I may repurchase again depending on if I continue liking it.

Update: (6 days later) I think this is really improving the the overall evenness of my skin and clearing up the breakout. I have decent skin most of the time, but my face has looked better than normal the last couple days. Since this is the only change I have made to my skincare, I have to acknowledge it. I will definitley repurchase.

Update: (5 days after last review) I think I love this stuff. My face has never stayed this clear for this long. I usually have a pimple or two a week. I have had none come up since I started using this each morning and evening! I changed my tune; I love this stuff!

Update: (10 days after last review). I still love this stuff. Not one pimple since I started using this and it has definitley evened out my complexion. This is gold in a tube!

on 3/9/2009 7:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This product stung my during first few uses. It didn't sting anymore once I started using it more often, but it sure did irritate my skin too much. Even though some people say that it's gentle enough for a scrub to use everyday, I do not agree. My skin is acne-prone, so it did help with that. I also love how my skin feels really soft after I use it, but because it irritates my skin, I'd only use it once a day. If I didn't have sensitive skin, the product probably would've been better. For people who have sensitive skin, I'd suggest you try it out first at a friend's house before buying it. (The smell is kind of weird too.)