Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Daily Scrub

Filtered by hair type : Curly
Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Daily Scrub

3.2

Active Ingredient: Salicylic Acid (2%). Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cetyl Alcohol, PPG-15 Stearyl Ether, Polyethylene Glycolic Acid, Glycerin, Polysorbate 60, Steareth-21, C12-15 Alkyl Lactate, Cetyl Lactate, BHT, Neopentyl glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Disodium, EDTA, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Benzotriazolyl, Butylphenol Sulfonate, Sodium Hydroxide, Agar, Menthol, Benzalkonium Chloride, Iron Dioxide, Mica, Red 40, Red 30 Lake, Yellow 5, Titanium Dioxide, Fragrance

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I borrowed this one afternoon from a roommate to get off a ton of makeup I wore during a movie shoot earlier in the day. My skin was feeling very flaky and gross, and I wanted something to exfoliate. I have acne now, so I figured this would help. Well, it did remove all my makeup, but it BURNED SO BAD! I have used products before with 2% BHA (salicylic acid) without that sensation, so I don't know what else is in this, but WOW did it hurt! My face was very red and tight after, so I actually mixed some Cetaphil cream into my Olay Complete lotion to prevent dryness. I would not buy this on my own considering it burned. The only pro of this is that it did a good job of exfoliating and removing foundation. If you have sensitive skin, stay away. I am still looking for a good scrub for my acne/sensitive skin.

on 1/27/2009 7:18:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I don't know why I keep coming back to Neutrogena when it's never worked for me. I really really wanted to like this stuff. I wanted it to work. But alas, whenever I stray from Proactiv's cleanser I regret it. I gave this stuff a couple weeks after I ran out of my Proactiv. I wanted a cheaper alternative and keep thinking that perhaps I'll outgrow my acne and be able to use drugstore products like a normal person. I think it comes down to the fact that my skin just doesn't like salicylic acid. Benzoyl peroxide is the only thing that seems to control my acne. My otherwise smooth skin is now all bumpy, dry, I have a painful zit on my chin and I can see blackheads popping up. To sum it up, I re-ordered my Proactiv cleanser last night... :(

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

I purchased a few days ago for $5 @ Target and have been using it to help with my occasional breakouts. It's extremely abrasive and of all the scrubs I have ever used never have I encountered one so harsh. I had a very unusual reaction to the scrub after I rinse it off, my face suddenly becomes very hot. I don't know if it's due to the mix of menthol/salicylic acid but in addition to my hot face, the smell is unpleasant to say the least but at least it's not strong. The packaging is good, very easy to dispense the product.I'll update when I can see some other results because so far I havn't noticed anything mind blowing.

on 3/28/2008 1:06:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Good stuff. I had tried to find something that would help keep my acne at bay without drying me out for years, when a friend recommended this to me. It's been a staple in my daily regime for the last year or two and I love it. Definitely has helped with my breakouts and is gentle but does gets deep down to make my face feel clean. I have combination skin that tends to get drier in the winter, and this has never dried me out.

on 4/27/2007 7:53:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I find I really enjoy using this scrub. It's not too harsh and it feels refreshing and tingly. I think it has made a difference in my acne. I have had a lot less of the large pimples that I get sometimes- esp. around my period. I find I really need to make sure I rinse well since I don't want a film on my skin though. I've noticed a definite tightening of my pores since using this scrub. Cool!

on 3/26/2007 3:56:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This will become a staple! Lots of micro fine grainy bits in a creamy base that leave your skin soft and super clean feeling but not dried out. NO residue left over. I like using this when I start my day since your left with such a clean feeling. Breakouts will disapear and helps prevent new ones. I use this (35 combo skin) along with my 12 year old daughter...can be for everyone...flip top cap...nice soft plastic squeeze tube...price is seriously dirt cheap...try it!!!