Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Daily Scrub

Filtered by hair type : Straight
Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Daily Scrub

Active Ingredient: Salicylic Acid (2%). Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cetyl Alcohol, PPG-15 Stearyl Ether, Polyethylene Glycolic Acid, Glycerin, Polysorbate 60, Steareth-21, C12-15 Alkyl Lactate, Cetyl Lactate, BHT, Neopentyl glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Disodium, EDTA, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Benzotriazolyl, Butylphenol Sulfonate, Sodium Hydroxide, Agar, Menthol, Benzalkonium Chloride, Iron Dioxide, Mica, Red 40, Red 30 Lake, Yellow 5, Titanium Dioxide, Fragrance

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm on my 8th or so bottle now. Perhaps even more.

I don't use this product for the use intended. I don't really get many breakouts or pimples in general.

I found out by accident that this scrub helps soothe my eczema and helps get rid of my uncomfortable dry patches. I'm able to use this everyday but sometimes I skip a day or two so not to use it too much. I love the tingly sensation, it soothes the itching and doesn't sting when applied to my sore skin.

I couldn't live without this product, I do buy other scrubs just to try and even make my own sometimes but I always come back to this.

I love it :) If it was ever discontinued I'd be devastated.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I love this stuff. I've repurchased over and over again for the past four years.

on 2/20/2013 5:20:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Repurchased over and over again. A great scrub. It has very fine exfoliating beads that aren't too abrasive on the skin. Even my partner who has very sensitive skin can use it with no problems. Does a good job of exfoliating my skin and doesn't leave it with that tight feeling afterwards which I appreciate. I do use this daily and have found no problems with irration or break outs. Will continue to repurchase.

on 4/7/2012 9:02:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

I do not have acne at the moment but decided to try this gentle daily scrub as I have been hearing many good reviews about it. I basically wanted to make sure I do not get any hormonal breakouts, and just to make sure my pores are as clean as possible.
After using this scrub, my face feels really fresh and clean, the pores seemed to be very small and clean.
UPDATE: My friend (male) tried this scrub just for few days and got lots of red bumps (weird breakouts) that he never had before. So I am not sure I will continue using this...

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

*updated* Great if you have active acne. I used this cleanser for 5+ years (I've since outgrown my acne and don't use it anymore). It's the probably the best balance Neutrogena makes of cleansing power and exfoliation without over drying (like the foaming version of this product—awful!). I wouldn't say it's the most deep cleansing so, make it a morning cleanser. Now that I'm older I steer clear of harsh chemicals though which this product is loaded with (ahem, parabens, etc). It makes a big difference in your skin.

on 2/21/2011 6:40:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I don't really review face washes because I rarely see any improvement/results when I do decide to stick with one, but I felt this product deserves my praises. For reference I have combination, acne-prone skin leaning towards more of the cystic type of acne. I have used several other Neutrogena products targeted for acne-prone skin that yielded little to no results, but I think this daily scrub has truly improved my skin and it's clarity. I have been using this product consistently for the past 2 months both morning and night (in conjunction with my J&J Purpose cleanser) and it has done wonders for my skin. I think gentle daily exfoliation is what my skin needed - my face has been the clearest it has ever been since it went haywire 3 years ago. This product feels cool and refreshing on my skin and the exfoliating beads really are gentle. No burning, stinging or excessive drying - skin feels smooth and clean. Packaging is average and scent is like all Neutrogena face products. Found in most drugstores averaging between $4 - $6 depending on where you buy it. Will definitely repurchase.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

First off: I have extremely oily/acne prone skin and very mild acne (2-3 spots at once at the most); I am very cautious with what I put on my face.
- - - - - - - - - - - -
There are some cleansers/scrubs containing salicylic acid that are extremely harsh and drying on my face (despite me having oily skin) by completely stripping it. This cleanser does not strip my skin, it cleans it thoroughly yet is gentle enough for me.
- - - - - - - - - - - -
I guess I can't say for certain that THIS product was the one to clear the tiny under the skin bumps I had on my cheeks before.. But as soon as I started using this scrub.. They almost instantly disappeared. I was pretty convinced that it was this product. I also have to say it helps with the cystic spots I get at times.
- - - - - - - - - - - -
What a great scrub! Great job Neutrogena! Will be re-purchasing :)

on 12/5/2009 10:02:00 PM

Didn't really like this, I'm just not a fan of face scrubs, it feels harsh on the skin.

on 5/21/2009 6:02:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

i always use this.. it leaves my skin sooo soft.. and if i have a big pimple, and i use this, i barely have any redness left and the pimples shrink so much.. i mean, i might still have a little redness, but it small enough that i can just use concealor. i love this and im almost out, so i will be purchasing really soon.

on 5/17/2009 10:29:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Now, I like that this also has glycolic acid in it, but the way this is formulated just doesn't work for me. It worked at first, but then it felt like my skin was greasy and my skin is technically normal to dry (with makeup = oily, with moisturizer = smooth and nice).

Anyway, at times my acne is mild, other times it's moderate. This broke my skin out so badly...