Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Daily Scrub

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Daily Scrub

3.9

Active Ingredient: Salicylic Acid (2%). Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cetyl Alcohol, PPG-15 Stearyl Ether, Polyethylene Glycolic Acid, Glycerin, Polysorbate 60, Steareth-21, C12-15 Alkyl Lactate, Cetyl Lactate, BHT, Neopentyl glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Disodium, EDTA, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Benzotriazolyl, Butylphenol Sulfonate, Sodium Hydroxide, Agar, Menthol, Benzalkonium Chloride, Iron Dioxide, Mica, Red 40, Red 30 Lake, Yellow 5, Titanium Dioxide, Fragrance

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I like this but grabbing my oily face much more

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm on my 8th or so bottle now. Perhaps even more.

I don't use this product for the use intended. I don't really get many breakouts or pimples in general.

I found out by accident that this scrub helps soothe my eczema and helps get rid of my uncomfortable dry patches. I'm able to use this everyday but sometimes I skip a day or two so not to use it too much. I love the tingly sensation, it soothes the itching and doesn't sting when applied to my sore skin.

I couldn't live without this product, I do buy other scrubs just to try and even make my own sometimes but I always come back to this.

I love it :) If it was ever discontinued I'd be devastated.

This is a great product! I have been using this over the winter once or twice a week to slough off the dead, dry skin. During the summer I use the Rapid Clear scrub once a day but this product is great to use to exfoliate while not drying it out.

I LOVE LOVE LOVEEEE this stuff! In a small amount of time, it made my skin completely acne free and smooth! It does dry out my skin after using it, so after I take a shower, I put on some lotion so my face is more nourished. I've tried so many different things, and this has been my favorite!

on 6/22/2012 10:53:00 AM

This is a great product but it Does not keep the acne away. Even though it says it is used to stop breakouts before they start it does NOT work. It is gentle though and is a great mask to wear.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

*updated* Great if you have active acne. I used this cleanser for 5+ years (I've since outgrown my acne and don't use it anymore). It's the probably the best balance Neutrogena makes of cleansing power and exfoliation without over drying (like the foaming version of this product—awful!). I wouldn't say it's the most deep cleansing so, make it a morning cleanser. Now that I'm older I steer clear of harsh chemicals though which this product is loaded with (ahem, parabens, etc). It makes a big difference in your skin.

on 3/12/2012 12:46:00 AM

Great product at a great price. Helps keep breakouts at bay. I have sensitive, acne-prone skin and this scrub (used gently) keeps me pretty clear. I would say that if you have congested skin it is great but probably would irritate cystic acne.

on 1/19/2012 3:40:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is my favorite scrub ever! Acne scrubs, or any facial scrubs for any matter, usually dry my face out, but I have found this gentle enough to use every day. I have sensitive skin that can dry out pretty easily, but can also get super oily, so I toe a fine line with facial products. I actually discovered this while visiting my sister, fell in love after just one use, purchased, and am so glad I did! After using this, my face tingles delightfully with a comfortable clean feeling, and I just use a light moisturizer afterwards. It controls my oily skin but I haven't had *any* drying due to this product- it's a very good balance. Please, Neutrogena, don't ever discontinue!

I don't have acne, so I don't use this as an acne scrub. I use it more for exfoliating, & for that, it works great:) It is much more gentle for my face than St. Ives face scrub. If you use too much, it can be very drying for skin. I'm guessing it's drying because it has acne medication in it, so that's why I don't use this scrub that often. Since I don't have acne, I would not know how well this scrub keeps breakouts at bay. The medication in it seems like it's pretty strong, so it could possibly help. I would reccommend, but I wouldn't use this scrub everyday, maybe up to 2 times a week (if that).

I like this product to get rid of my dead skin. It is kind of harsh for a daily scrub. It is very rough. It does not get rid of acne. The only reason i like this product and would recommend it is if you have lots of dead/ dry skin on your face. I also like the minty feeling it gives my face.