Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Daily Scrub

Filtered by skin type : Oily
Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Daily Scrub

4.2

Active Ingredient: Salicylic Acid (2%). Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cetyl Alcohol, PPG-15 Stearyl Ether, Polyethylene Glycolic Acid, Glycerin, Polysorbate 60, Steareth-21, C12-15 Alkyl Lactate, Cetyl Lactate, BHT, Neopentyl glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Disodium, EDTA, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Benzotriazolyl, Butylphenol Sulfonate, Sodium Hydroxide, Agar, Menthol, Benzalkonium Chloride, Iron Dioxide, Mica, Red 40, Red 30 Lake, Yellow 5, Titanium Dioxide, Fragrance

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I like this but grabbing my oily face much more

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

The only cleanser that controls my breakouts. 4 stars because I still breakout but not as bad as when I use other cleansers. This one is the winner. So far.

on 7/23/2013 11:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Duration- I have been using this product for about 6 months. When I ran out a couple times, I tried something different and have always come back to it.

Price- Drugstore price, great quality.

Packaging- I love how the tube opens at the bottom. It makes getting the product out much easier.

My Skin- I have oily skin with pores that always seem to be clogged, which of course results in blackheads and little red bumps.

Smell- Not overpowering like most acne products.

Texture- It is gritty so you know that it exfoliates, but it is also creamy so it is gentle for everyday use.

Sensitive- I have a lot of allergies to various products causing my eyes to swell, sometimes even swell shut. This product does not cause me any such problems.

Result- After washing my face twice a day with this product, I am left with smooth, soft skin that feels refreshed. It helps to clear out my pores and reduce redness all while not drying out my skin.

Conclusion- I truly love this product and will continue using it for a long time to come. You should give it a try!

on 2/20/2013 5:20:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Repurchased over and over again. A great scrub. It has very fine exfoliating beads that aren't too abrasive on the skin. Even my partner who has very sensitive skin can use it with no problems. Does a good job of exfoliating my skin and doesn't leave it with that tight feeling afterwards which I appreciate. I do use this daily and have found no problems with irration or break outs. Will continue to repurchase.

on 6/19/2012 5:49:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

For someone who has oily, acne prone skin like myself, this scrub is great. It has salicylic acid as an active ingredient which I find very effective in cutting through oils. I use it 3-4x per week to keep acne at bay. When I do get minor breakouts, this scrub dries them up within a couple of days. The scrub is also very good at removing makeup and leaves my skin feeling clean and fresh. I have not experienced any irritation from it but then I don't use it daily so the experience may be different for someone who has sensitive skin and use it everyday.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

*updated* Great if you have active acne. I used this cleanser for 5+ years (I've since outgrown my acne and don't use it anymore). It's the probably the best balance Neutrogena makes of cleansing power and exfoliation without over drying (like the foaming version of this product—awful!). I wouldn't say it's the most deep cleansing so, make it a morning cleanser. Now that I'm older I steer clear of harsh chemicals though which this product is loaded with (ahem, parabens, etc). It makes a big difference in your skin.

on 2/6/2011 2:00:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

When I started using this product, my acne decreased. It didn't go away completely, but they are smaller and a lot less than before. When I stopped using this product, my acne came back. When I started using it again, it decreased again. This is the first time I ever really noticed a product make a difference. I use this in the morning when I shower and it makes my skin feel smooth and soft and clean. I hope they never discontinue this because it really works for me! Love it!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

First off: I have extremely oily/acne prone skin and very mild acne (2-3 spots at once at the most); I am very cautious with what I put on my face.
- - - - - - - - - - - -
There are some cleansers/scrubs containing salicylic acid that are extremely harsh and drying on my face (despite me having oily skin) by completely stripping it. This cleanser does not strip my skin, it cleans it thoroughly yet is gentle enough for me.
- - - - - - - - - - - -
I guess I can't say for certain that THIS product was the one to clear the tiny under the skin bumps I had on my cheeks before.. But as soon as I started using this scrub.. They almost instantly disappeared. I was pretty convinced that it was this product. I also have to say it helps with the cystic spots I get at times.
- - - - - - - - - - - -
What a great scrub! Great job Neutrogena! Will be re-purchasing :)

on 11/11/2010 8:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I used it everyday for two weeks. Didn't work for me.
I was looking for a cheaper alternative to Laura Mercier's Face Polish, which I had been using for a long time.
My face always felt a bit dirty after using this product. Plus, my skin never looked so bad and pimply after these two weeks. I'm not saying this caused me to break out, but since I didn't change anything else in my routine..it's obvious that this didn't do its job of preventing acne.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this product from a recommendation that my co-worker gave me because I have oily skin, and it was making me break out badly. For the first month, I followed the instructions as directed - washed every night and every morning but after a while it became too time consuming so I only stuck with once a night, and it still works SO well. Not to mention you only really have to use a dime size, so the bottle lasts you a really long time. It helped get rid of all my blemishes and people even commented on how nice my face looked. <3 Amazing product!! And remember; to keep acne away, prevention is the key.