Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Daily Scrub

Filtered by skin type : Normal
Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Daily Scrub

4.8

Active Ingredient: Salicylic Acid (2%). Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cetyl Alcohol, PPG-15 Stearyl Ether, Polyethylene Glycolic Acid, Glycerin, Polysorbate 60, Steareth-21, C12-15 Alkyl Lactate, Cetyl Lactate, BHT, Neopentyl glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Disodium, EDTA, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Benzotriazolyl, Butylphenol Sulfonate, Sodium Hydroxide, Agar, Menthol, Benzalkonium Chloride, Iron Dioxide, Mica, Red 40, Red 30 Lake, Yellow 5, Titanium Dioxide, Fragrance

I've been using this product for over a year now and am only on my 2-3 tube. Despite the fact that the container says daily scrub and suggests to "cleanse twice a day," I only use this in the mornings, and only about 5 days a week, so each tube lasts me a really long time. I use this product in the morning and follow up with an Aveeno face moisturizer with spf, and my skin usually looks pretty great (if i do say so myself). My skin was never too bad to begin with; I generally had two or fewer pimples at a time. I hardly ever get pimples now. I don't know if it's Neutragena or just that I'm getting older and out of that teenager-crazy-hormone stage but I'm definitely going to keep using it. Only thing is that after you use it, it leaves your skin feeling pretty tight, which i know some people don't like. I personally like that feeling cause it feels clean to me, but not dry or flaky. Love this product.

I don't have acne, so I don't use this as an acne scrub. I use it more for exfoliating, & for that, it works great:) It is much more gentle for my face than St. Ives face scrub. If you use too much, it can be very drying for skin. I'm guessing it's drying because it has acne medication in it, so that's why I don't use this scrub that often. Since I don't have acne, I would not know how well this scrub keeps breakouts at bay. The medication in it seems like it's pretty strong, so it could possibly help. I would reccommend, but I wouldn't use this scrub everyday, maybe up to 2 times a week (if that).

on 5/21/2009 6:02:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

i always use this.. it leaves my skin sooo soft.. and if i have a big pimple, and i use this, i barely have any redness left and the pimples shrink so much.. i mean, i might still have a little redness, but it small enough that i can just use concealor. i love this and im almost out, so i will be purchasing really soon.

on 3/16/2009 1:56:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I just bought this scrub yesterday because I wanted to find something new and because I recieved my monthly breakout in the worst form so far. I usually don't get pimples on my forehead, but this month I had half a dozen. So, I bought this hopeing that it would be a scrub and get deep. I do like to use scrubs after a neutogena makeup remover cloth so I figured this might work since I find that most Neutrogena products are above average. I really like the scrubing granules. They are not super scratchy, but I can feel them cleaning. The liquid in the product does seem to clean my face well. I don't think this is an amazing product by any means, but I may repurchase again depending on if I continue liking it.

Update: (6 days later) I think this is really improving the the overall evenness of my skin and clearing up the breakout. I have decent skin most of the time, but my face has looked better than normal the last couple days. Since this is the only change I have made to my skincare, I have to acknowledge it. I will definitley repurchase.

Update: (5 days after last review) I think I love this stuff. My face has never stayed this clear for this long. I usually have a pimple or two a week. I have had none come up since I started using this each morning and evening! I changed my tune; I love this stuff!

Update: (10 days after last review). I still love this stuff. Not one pimple since I started using this and it has definitley evened out my complexion. This is gold in a tube!

on 1/27/2009 11:58:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Could this stuff be any better? It's an amazing product for less than $5.00 at Target. It's a scrub, so I feel confident that it's removing all my makeup, but it's not so harsh that I feel as if I'm washing my face with broken glass. I used this all last summer, and it really helped keep my oily skin under control. I strayed away, trying Clearasil, Noxzema, L'Oreal, St. Ives, Biore, and countless others, but I'll be sticking to this for a while. It's helped keep my acne away and smoothes away all those little bumps that used to pop up. Neutrogena saved the day again. :O)