Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Daily Scrub

Filtered by skin type : Dry
Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Daily Scrub

3.6

Active Ingredient: Salicylic Acid (2%). Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cetyl Alcohol, PPG-15 Stearyl Ether, Polyethylene Glycolic Acid, Glycerin, Polysorbate 60, Steareth-21, C12-15 Alkyl Lactate, Cetyl Lactate, BHT, Neopentyl glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Disodium, EDTA, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Benzotriazolyl, Butylphenol Sulfonate, Sodium Hydroxide, Agar, Menthol, Benzalkonium Chloride, Iron Dioxide, Mica, Red 40, Red 30 Lake, Yellow 5, Titanium Dioxide, Fragrance

on 4/7/2012 9:02:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

I do not have acne at the moment but decided to try this gentle daily scrub as I have been hearing many good reviews about it. I basically wanted to make sure I do not get any hormonal breakouts, and just to make sure my pores are as clean as possible.
After using this scrub, my face feels really fresh and clean, the pores seemed to be very small and clean.
UPDATE: My friend (male) tried this scrub just for few days and got lots of red bumps (weird breakouts) that he never had before. So I am not sure I will continue using this...

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I don't have acne problems but lately u had been getting some really bad break outs on my forehead and so I decided to try this. I really regret it because it broke me out really bad. I got small bumps everywhere and on top of that started developing cystic bumps. Maybe allergic or my skin doesn't like salicylic acid at all because I never used any products to wash my face that had that in it. I know my cousin used this stuff and his skin was pretty nice. I would not recommend this with people who have sensitive skin and breakout using a lot of products.

on 3/19/2009 12:27:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I had almost finished my tube until I realized that this is why my skin has been so bad for the past few weeks. My skin is usually clear with a few pimples on my forehead now and then, but lately my cheeks and the area around my mouth have been so scratchy and rough, and my forehead constantly has at least one pimple on it. I use this scrub more or less daily and try to be very gentle with it, but it is way too rough on my skin. I think this product would work best only as a weekly scrub.

on 2/12/2009 11:05:00 PM

This is my everyday cleanser! Although it's a scrub, it is still gentle. I used to have really bad acne and had tried many different cleansers. Everything else broke me out or irritated my sensitive skin =/ It really helped clear my acne and whiteheads. I also have dry skin. The scrub really helps get rid of the flakes, and it doesn't dry my skin out. I've tried other products after my first bottle, but I came right back. I've recommended this scrub to many people and they all agreed on how great it is!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

After a long search, I've finally found my HG cleanser! I've been using this scrub for three weeks now, once every night in the shower, and my skin has improved 100%. I break out a lot less now, and my post-acne redness fades in two weeks!(It used to take my skin over 2 months to fully get rid of a zit.) I would recommend this to anyone with acne-prone combo skin like me. Now when I look in the mirror in the morning, I see clear, smooth skin. And the price isn't too bad either, I paid $4.50 for a tube at Wal-Mart. Definitely will repurchase this.
***Edit: I've been breaking out a lot lately, but I've been extremely stressed out, so I'm not sure if it's this or the stress. However, my skin was very clear a couple months ago when I was using this and I wasn't very stressed. I will update again if it turns out to be this stuff.
***Re-Edit: It turns out that my nasty breakout was not this cleanser, it was the extreme stress I was experiencing. My skin has since cleared and never been better, and yesterday when I went back to Wal-Mart for another tube of this, my mom commented on how great my skin looked. I will probably be using this stuff for twenty more years, I love it so much.

on 3/26/2007 3:56:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This will become a staple! Lots of micro fine grainy bits in a creamy base that leave your skin soft and super clean feeling but not dried out. NO residue left over. I like using this when I start my day since your left with such a clean feeling. Breakouts will disapear and helps prevent new ones. I use this (35 combo skin) along with my 12 year old daughter...can be for everyone...flip top cap...nice soft plastic squeeze tube...price is seriously dirt cheap...try it!!!

on 10/19/2006 6:15:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I really like this scrub :) It's got a creamy lotion-like texture, but has enough grainy "scrubbies" to get the job done without feeling like I'm using sandpaper on my face, or nothing at all like some of the weaker scrubs I've tried (yes Neutrogena Pore Refining Scrub, I'm talking to YOU). It smells pretty good too, but at the same time has a surprisingly tingly sensation upon washing off that makes my skin feel clean without dryness- and best of all, my skin looks clearer and feels smoother, even if I only use it 2-3x a week. Another winner from Neutrogena for me.