Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Daily Scrub

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Daily Scrub

3.9

Active Ingredient: Salicylic Acid (2%). Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cetyl Alcohol, PPG-15 Stearyl Ether, Polyethylene Glycolic Acid, Glycerin, Polysorbate 60, Steareth-21, C12-15 Alkyl Lactate, Cetyl Lactate, BHT, Neopentyl glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Disodium, EDTA, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Benzotriazolyl, Butylphenol Sulfonate, Sodium Hydroxide, Agar, Menthol, Benzalkonium Chloride, Iron Dioxide, Mica, Red 40, Red 30 Lake, Yellow 5, Titanium Dioxide, Fragrance

This scrub works well at refreshing the skin. It gives quite a strong exfoliation so you only need to use a small amount and rub lightly. It makes my face feel very clean and fresh. It doesn't cause redness or irritation, nor does it scratch my face. It is reasonably priced and available in drugstores. I personally would not use this everyday though as it is quite an intense scrub. I would use this once or twice a week at most. It is a nice product but I wouldn't repurchase as I prefer St. Ive's Apricot Scrub.

on 5/11/2015 1:58:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

ABSOLUTE GOD SENT PRODUCT. I have tried everything for my acne and I really didn't want to go to the dermatologist and this caught my eye and my mum bought it for me. I've been using it for only 3 days and my skin is almost completely clear!! I fell asleep with my makeup on and paniced that I would breakout but nope!! This gets rid of dirt makeup and oil so well and I don't even need spot treatment!! I had a painful pimple coming in then I tried this and it was gone over night!! BUY IT IF YOU HAVE OILY ACNE PRONE SKIN IT WORKS BEST !!!!!

I'm pretty sure I'd buy it again, I'm in the middle of using it, and so far I love it!!

on 7/23/2013 11:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Duration- I have been using this product for about 6 months. When I ran out a couple times, I tried something different and have always come back to it.

Price- Drugstore price, great quality.

Packaging- I love how the tube opens at the bottom. It makes getting the product out much easier.

My Skin- I have oily skin with pores that always seem to be clogged, which of course results in blackheads and little red bumps.

Smell- Not overpowering like most acne products.

Texture- It is gritty so you know that it exfoliates, but it is also creamy so it is gentle for everyday use.

Sensitive- I have a lot of allergies to various products causing my eyes to swell, sometimes even swell shut. This product does not cause me any such problems.

Result- After washing my face twice a day with this product, I am left with smooth, soft skin that feels refreshed. It helps to clear out my pores and reduce redness all while not drying out my skin.

Conclusion- I truly love this product and will continue using it for a long time to come. You should give it a try!

on 4/15/2013 1:56:00 PM

This stuff is great! I bought it Saturday and now it's Monday, I have used it two times (once a day) and its great! I have extremely oily skin and it gets rid of the oil for a good amount of time. I used to buy 100 dollar face cream for my acne but i wont have to anymore! :) It makes my face tingle and smell wonderful! Definitely a great buy and a perfect price!

I absolutely Love this product. I use it every night to every other night and It works amazing! I buy this every time I run out!

I've been using this product for over a year now and am only on my 2-3 tube. Despite the fact that the container says daily scrub and suggests to "cleanse twice a day," I only use this in the mornings, and only about 5 days a week, so each tube lasts me a really long time. I use this product in the morning and follow up with an Aveeno face moisturizer with spf, and my skin usually looks pretty great (if i do say so myself). My skin was never too bad to begin with; I generally had two or fewer pimples at a time. I hardly ever get pimples now. I don't know if it's Neutragena or just that I'm getting older and out of that teenager-crazy-hormone stage but I'm definitely going to keep using it. Only thing is that after you use it, it leaves your skin feeling pretty tight, which i know some people don't like. I personally like that feeling cause it feels clean to me, but not dry or flaky. Love this product.

At first I loved this scrub! My face felt exfoliated and cleansed but not tight or dry. I used this as my daily scrub for about a month then the horrible happened... My face is now an awful, uneven, red tomato): My skin has never been sensitive so I'm guessing there are some very harsh chemicals in this product. Note: I've never had a reaction to salicylic acid before. Although this product ultimately made my skin worse it has inspired me to take a more natural approach to my skincare routine, so thanks for that!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

First off: I have extremely oily/acne prone skin and very mild acne (2-3 spots at once at the most); I am very cautious with what I put on my face.
- - - - - - - - - - - -
There are some cleansers/scrubs containing salicylic acid that are extremely harsh and drying on my face (despite me having oily skin) by completely stripping it. This cleanser does not strip my skin, it cleans it thoroughly yet is gentle enough for me.
- - - - - - - - - - - -
I guess I can't say for certain that THIS product was the one to clear the tiny under the skin bumps I had on my cheeks before.. But as soon as I started using this scrub.. They almost instantly disappeared. I was pretty convinced that it was this product. I also have to say it helps with the cystic spots I get at times.
- - - - - - - - - - - -
What a great scrub! Great job Neutrogena! Will be re-purchasing :)

on 11/1/2010 12:03:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I have 2 words....CYSTIC ACNE!!!! HATE THIS PRODUCT!!!!!