Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Daily Scrub

Filtered by age: 25-29
Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Daily Scrub

Active Ingredient: Salicylic Acid (2%). Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cetyl Alcohol, PPG-15 Stearyl Ether, Polyethylene Glycolic Acid, Glycerin, Polysorbate 60, Steareth-21, C12-15 Alkyl Lactate, Cetyl Lactate, BHT, Neopentyl glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Disodium, EDTA, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Benzotriazolyl, Butylphenol Sulfonate, Sodium Hydroxide, Agar, Menthol, Benzalkonium Chloride, Iron Dioxide, Mica, Red 40, Red 30 Lake, Yellow 5, Titanium Dioxide, Fragrance

on 10/11/2014 8:40:00 AM

I bought this after I ran out of the face wash that came with the Neutrogena acne system. I used it for 5 days before I had to take it back to the store. This stuff broke me out something fierce! I went from having fairly clear skin to 6 pimples in 5 days. The scrubbing beads are nice but it leaves behind a film on my skin and makes it feel super oily.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

The only cleanser that controls my breakouts. 4 stars because I still breakout but not as bad as when I use other cleansers. This one is the winner. So far.

on 3/12/2012 12:46:00 AM

Great product at a great price. Helps keep breakouts at bay. I have sensitive, acne-prone skin and this scrub (used gently) keeps me pretty clear. I would say that if you have congested skin it is great but probably would irritate cystic acne.

on 1/19/2012 3:40:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is my favorite scrub ever! Acne scrubs, or any facial scrubs for any matter, usually dry my face out, but I have found this gentle enough to use every day. I have sensitive skin that can dry out pretty easily, but can also get super oily, so I toe a fine line with facial products. I actually discovered this while visiting my sister, fell in love after just one use, purchased, and am so glad I did! After using this, my face tingles delightfully with a comfortable clean feeling, and I just use a light moisturizer afterwards. It controls my oily skin but I haven't had *any* drying due to this product- it's a very good balance. Please, Neutrogena, don't ever discontinue!

on 2/21/2011 6:40:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I don't really review face washes because I rarely see any improvement/results when I do decide to stick with one, but I felt this product deserves my praises. For reference I have combination, acne-prone skin leaning towards more of the cystic type of acne. I have used several other Neutrogena products targeted for acne-prone skin that yielded little to no results, but I think this daily scrub has truly improved my skin and it's clarity. I have been using this product consistently for the past 2 months both morning and night (in conjunction with my J&J Purpose cleanser) and it has done wonders for my skin. I think gentle daily exfoliation is what my skin needed - my face has been the clearest it has ever been since it went haywire 3 years ago. This product feels cool and refreshing on my skin and the exfoliating beads really are gentle. No burning, stinging or excessive drying - skin feels smooth and clean. Packaging is average and scent is like all Neutrogena face products. Found in most drugstores averaging between $4 - $6 depending on where you buy it. Will definitely repurchase.

on 12/22/2010 1:29:00 PM

LOVE this scrub!

It is refreshing and makes my skin feel so smooth and clean afterwards. I use it in the shower in the morning as a wake me up, but really use it at night to exfoliate after using my beauty bar to clean and remove makeup.

I have tried other scrubs, and this one is amazing.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

My sister had this product and I decided to give it a try. I love it. I use it day and night b/c I have acne prone skin. I love how my face tingles after using it. It's a great price. If your skin is acne prone and oily, you should give it a try.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I should have known when my sister gave this to me something was wrong.lol. This scrub gave me the worst breakout I have seen in a long time. At first I thought it was just purging my skin but after 2 weeks I realized that my skin did not likey :/ However, I did give it 2 lippes for how smooth it got my skin but I would not repurchase nor would I recommend. Thanx sis!

on 3/16/2009 1:56:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I just bought this scrub yesterday because I wanted to find something new and because I recieved my monthly breakout in the worst form so far. I usually don't get pimples on my forehead, but this month I had half a dozen. So, I bought this hopeing that it would be a scrub and get deep. I do like to use scrubs after a neutogena makeup remover cloth so I figured this might work since I find that most Neutrogena products are above average. I really like the scrubing granules. They are not super scratchy, but I can feel them cleaning. The liquid in the product does seem to clean my face well. I don't think this is an amazing product by any means, but I may repurchase again depending on if I continue liking it.

Update: (6 days later) I think this is really improving the the overall evenness of my skin and clearing up the breakout. I have decent skin most of the time, but my face has looked better than normal the last couple days. Since this is the only change I have made to my skincare, I have to acknowledge it. I will definitley repurchase.

Update: (5 days after last review) I think I love this stuff. My face has never stayed this clear for this long. I usually have a pimple or two a week. I have had none come up since I started using this each morning and evening! I changed my tune; I love this stuff!

Update: (10 days after last review). I still love this stuff. Not one pimple since I started using this and it has definitley evened out my complexion. This is gold in a tube!

on 10/28/2008 10:48:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

My combo skin was having issues with lots of little whiteheads scattered over my face (and in particular on my forehead and chin). Fed up, I started using this scrub every night after washing off my makeup with Cetaphil. I find that the salicylic acid in this is just strong enough to clear up my skin without drying it out. That said, I can only use this once a day - any more than that and I'm sure it'd be overkill. The scrub feels good on my skin - not too harsh - and rinses clean. It has no discernible scent that I can tell, and I love the fresh feeling and smooth skin that I have after using it. I'll buy it again.