Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Daily Scrub

Filtered by age: 19-24
Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Daily Scrub

3.5

Active Ingredient: Salicylic Acid (2%). Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cetyl Alcohol, PPG-15 Stearyl Ether, Polyethylene Glycolic Acid, Glycerin, Polysorbate 60, Steareth-21, C12-15 Alkyl Lactate, Cetyl Lactate, BHT, Neopentyl glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Disodium, EDTA, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Benzotriazolyl, Butylphenol Sulfonate, Sodium Hydroxide, Agar, Menthol, Benzalkonium Chloride, Iron Dioxide, Mica, Red 40, Red 30 Lake, Yellow 5, Titanium Dioxide, Fragrance

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Needed some mild exfoliation for my acne-prone, hypersensitive, congested, oily skin. I used the Pink Grapefruit one first thinking that it was the same product with just a different color. That one made my face bright as a tomato and hot to the touch! After letting my skin heal from the damage I got this one and have been good ever since. I do use this every night only in the shower as I need it to rid my face of the days grime but in the morning when I've just been sleeping I use the gentle, cream wash version of this.

This scrub works well at refreshing the skin. It gives quite a strong exfoliation so you only need to use a small amount and rub lightly. It makes my face feel very clean and fresh. It doesn't cause redness or irritation, nor does it scratch my face. It is reasonably priced and available in drugstores. I personally would not use this everyday though as it is quite an intense scrub. I would use this once or twice a week at most. It is a nice product but I wouldn't repurchase as I prefer St. Ive's Apricot Scrub.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm on my 8th or so bottle now. Perhaps even more.

I don't use this product for the use intended. I don't really get many breakouts or pimples in general.

I found out by accident that this scrub helps soothe my eczema and helps get rid of my uncomfortable dry patches. I'm able to use this everyday but sometimes I skip a day or two so not to use it too much. I love the tingly sensation, it soothes the itching and doesn't sting when applied to my sore skin.

I couldn't live without this product, I do buy other scrubs just to try and even make my own sometimes but I always come back to this.

I love it :) If it was ever discontinued I'd be devastated.

LOVE IT!
Really soft scrub, for my delicate areas, and sometimes when my skin in playing up.

Leaves skin feeling smooth and clean!

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I love this stuff. I've repurchased over and over again for the past four years.

on 2/20/2013 5:20:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Repurchased over and over again. A great scrub. It has very fine exfoliating beads that aren't too abrasive on the skin. Even my partner who has very sensitive skin can use it with no problems. Does a good job of exfoliating my skin and doesn't leave it with that tight feeling afterwards which I appreciate. I do use this daily and have found no problems with irration or break outs. Will continue to repurchase.

on 6/22/2012 10:53:00 AM

This is a great product but it Does not keep the acne away. Even though it says it is used to stop breakouts before they start it does NOT work. It is gentle though and is a great mask to wear.

on 6/19/2012 5:49:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

For someone who has oily, acne prone skin like myself, this scrub is great. It has salicylic acid as an active ingredient which I find very effective in cutting through oils. I use it 3-4x per week to keep acne at bay. When I do get minor breakouts, this scrub dries them up within a couple of days. The scrub is also very good at removing makeup and leaves my skin feeling clean and fresh. I have not experienced any irritation from it but then I don't use it daily so the experience may be different for someone who has sensitive skin and use it everyday.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

*updated* Great if you have active acne. I used this cleanser for 5+ years (I've since outgrown my acne and don't use it anymore). It's the probably the best balance Neutrogena makes of cleansing power and exfoliation without over drying (like the foaming version of this product—awful!). I wouldn't say it's the most deep cleansing so, make it a morning cleanser. Now that I'm older I steer clear of harsh chemicals though which this product is loaded with (ahem, parabens, etc). It makes a big difference in your skin.

I don't have acne, so I don't use this as an acne scrub. I use it more for exfoliating, & for that, it works great:) It is much more gentle for my face than St. Ives face scrub. If you use too much, it can be very drying for skin. I'm guessing it's drying because it has acne medication in it, so that's why I don't use this scrub that often. Since I don't have acne, I would not know how well this scrub keeps breakouts at bay. The medication in it seems like it's pretty strong, so it could possibly help. I would reccommend, but I wouldn't use this scrub everyday, maybe up to 2 times a week (if that).