KORRES Natural Products Quince Body Butter

Filtered by eye Color : Green
KORRES Natural Products Quince Body Butter
Korres Quince Body Butter

4.3

Aqua, Cetearyl Alcohol, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Coco Caprylate/Caprate, Dicaprylyl Carbonate, Glycerin, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Oil, Dicaprylyl Ether, Squalane, Cetearyl Glucoside, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Persea Gratissima Avocado Oil, Ceteareth 33, Alcohol, Amyl Cinnamal, Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C), Ascorbyl Palmitate (Vitamin C), Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Salicylate, Citric Acid, Citronellol, Coumarin, Grape (Vitis Vinifera) Seed Extract, Hexylcinnamal, Hydroxycitronellal, Hydroxyisohexyl 3 Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Isoeugenol, Lactic Acid, Linalool, Perfume, PEG 8, PEG 40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Potassium Sorbate, Pyrus Cydonia Seed Extract, Tocopherol, Xanthan Gum

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'm only just getting into Korres products after hearing a lot about them from a number of YouTube beauty bloggers. I've tried a couple of the shower gels, so wanted to give a body cream a try too and chose this one because I liked the idea of a Quince scented body butter (I figured it wouldn't be too strong or overpowering).

As body butters go, this is ok and does a reasonable job of moisturising my skin. However, I would question whether this can actually be called a butter as in my opinion it's closer to a cream than a butter. Also, I always think of butters coming in tubs not tubes (the idea being they're too thick to squeeze out of a tube) and this definitely isn't as thick as some body butters I've used. Having said that though, it does apply very well, sinks into my skin without leaving it feeling greasy and my skin did feel softer after using it so maybe it IS a butter after all!

The one downside to this product is the smell. As another reviewer said, this has a very sickly-sweet smell to it, almost like fruit that has gone off. It's for this reason that I would question whether to purchase again, as although it didn't seem to linger on my skin once it was applied, the smell whilst applying it wasn't pleasant. However, if you can get past this or don't really mind, I would recommend giving it a try.

on 10/5/2010 4:05:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I bought this product at sephora several months ago but i have so many unopened HE lotions and body butters I felt like I should wait. For a lotion, yes it is on the thicker side but i'm used to body butters and products made solely of shea (from l'occitane). So this didn't seem think for me. However it was moisturizing and it went strainght in my skin, I didn'y care much for the spicy fruit scent but my boyfriend of 3 years (poor thing has smelled so many lotions i'm surprised his sense of smell can tell the difference between verbena or Trish by Trish Mcevoy). But he liked it, and I mostly use my lotions so i can smell good for him. Korres is also a greek product which I never knew. But anyhow, I'm very pleased with it. The only con is the big cap that I lost the day I opened it. For my lotions and butters (unless they're in a tub) I'd like to have a cap that attached to the bottle. Anyways 2 thumbs up, and in 5 years when I'm almost done with my lotions/crenes/body butters this will be something I would repurchase.

I got this in a set with Fig&Guava. I didn't care much for the other two because of the scents. This was the one that I really enjoyed. It's a true body butter. Thick at first, but melts into your skin. It did wonders for my winter dry skin. Plus I love the scent. Floral and sweet. Would repurchase.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Other, Fine

This is very rich and best for dry skin. I love the scent but have only used it on my hands, it's too rich for my body & might be a little sticky under clothing. I got a small tube half price and it's doing a good job as a hand cream however as it's pricey I won't be re-buying.

on 12/3/2009 5:22:00 PM

Pretty expensive (almost $30 for the big tube) but I got it on sale at TJMaxx, so totally worth it! Thick and creamy, but not greasy. Light scent fades and doesn't overpower or upstage your perfume. I use it on my hands in winter.

on 10/5/2009 11:35:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

(I wanted to give this 3.5 lippes because of my personal preference on the fragrance that I wasn't too crazy about, but this really is a fantastic product, so a 4 it was!) The review:

I found this at a TJ Maxx/Marshalls or whatever and was aware of the rave reviews and it was only $4 (gasp!).... so of course I'm interested and I buy it. This product is really for "dry skin conditions" and I have normal skin so it was a tad thick for my liking, but really did absolutely WONDERS on the texture of my skin. First off, you really have to WORK IT into your skin, this is not a thin liquid that just seeps in. It's very thick, and you have to rub it in for a few seconds. On application and throughout the day, my skin continued to feel super-soft and lightly fragranced, and best of all - completely moisturized! I felt no dryness whatsoever - even the next day. I also love how it's a pump bottle, not a body butter in a jar (yuck) and much easier even then a tube cream, so A+ for packaging! I did not give it a 5 because the smell is OK, it pretty much smells like quince all around, but I did notice a slight pear scent in the fragrance (almost a bit sour), which didn't strike my fancy too much, but it was nothing I couldn't handle for the trade off of great, supple, smooth skin! I recommend this for people who are into natural products, like fruity fragrances, and have super-dry skin - you will like this!

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

HG. Period. And I don't throw that term around lightly.

I've had problems with dry, scaly, itchy, horrible skin on my legs my whole life. Before I discovered this spectacular body butter, I had been switching between keri unscented and arm and hammer swiss formula in the summer and a homemade shea butter concoction in the winter but, unhappy with with these options, I spent probably $400 a year sampling every fancy new body butter to hit the shelves. You name it, I've probably tried it, hated it, given it to my mom.

But Korres body butter is just about perfect. I've been using it every day for the last two years, and my legs are soft, smooth, not scaly or flaky or itchy or cracked. It's so moisturizing and it sinks in so quickly no matter what climate you're in. I've used this body butter through the dry summer in Las Vegas, REALLY dry winter in Las Vegas, soppy, humid summer in Providence, RI, bracing Chicago winter, near constant rain in Grenada, you name it. It's not greasy, its not slippery, it's just soft.

I find the packaging ideal. Compact and spill-proof for travel, airtight and sanitary, easy to squeeze out the last drop, easy to see when you're about to run out. And the label's pretty, which never hurt anyone.

Scent is obviously a matter of personal preference, but the Quince scent is one of those delicate, bright, fruity scents, kind of pink and happy, that just makes me smile whenever I put it on. It's not very strong and fades away relatively quickly, but applying the lotion is definitely a wonderful olfactory experience and a bright point in my morning routine.

It's not the cheapest stuff in the world, but it's definitely not the most expensive and it's so effective that one little pump tube thing of this lasts me about as long as one of those ginormous drugstore pump bottles used to since I don't have to slather it all over myself morning, noon and night.

Summary: best body lotion I've ever used, hands down. It's sufficiently moisturizing and miraculously quick to sink in no matter what the season or climate. Smells delightful. Good packaging. Not that cheap, but easily, easily worth it. Highly recommended.

I adore this body butter. I only use this on my legs because they tend to get dry after I shave them, and this keeps them lovely and soft, I would use it on my elbows/hands too but for me it might be too rich for the rest of my body but thats because I dont have dry skin (besides my legs after shaving) I cant even begin to describe the scent, it reminds me of something, I cant think what, but I can tell you its a beautiful scent, its almost addictive! It takes a bit to rub in, but after its rubbed in, it doesnt leave you greasy for hours like some body butters do, I used it this morning after my shower and its 7:30pm now and my legs still feel really soft and soothed. I really like this product and I would like to try the vanilla-cinnamon scented products next because those are 2 of my favourite scents.

i love to use this as a hand cream its sooo good! the texture is just lovely

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

I've tried Korres Body Butter in Guava and now Quince. They are great, top notch moisturizers that last all day and smell wonderful. I love that Korres uses natural ingrediants and the price is easy enough on the wallet. A little goes a long way and I prefer to use it right after the shower so it applies easiest and I don't over use the product. I got Quince in the Body Butter Trio (from Sephora) and I do need to say I prefer Guava but Quince is very different and I'm happy to have both. Quince is sweet. Normally I don't care for scents like this but Korres has a way of making me rethink my scent choices. Great body moisturizer. For reference my skin is very dry.