KORRES Natural Products Quince Body Butter

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
KORRES Natural Products Quince Body Butter
Korres Quince Body Butter

3.8

Aqua, Cetearyl Alcohol, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Coco Caprylate/Caprate, Dicaprylyl Carbonate, Glycerin, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Oil, Dicaprylyl Ether, Squalane, Cetearyl Glucoside, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Persea Gratissima Avocado Oil, Ceteareth 33, Alcohol, Amyl Cinnamal, Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C), Ascorbyl Palmitate (Vitamin C), Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Salicylate, Citric Acid, Citronellol, Coumarin, Grape (Vitis Vinifera) Seed Extract, Hexylcinnamal, Hydroxycitronellal, Hydroxyisohexyl 3 Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Isoeugenol, Lactic Acid, Linalool, Perfume, PEG 8, PEG 40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Potassium Sorbate, Pyrus Cydonia Seed Extract, Tocopherol, Xanthan Gum

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'm only just getting into Korres products after hearing a lot about them from a number of YouTube beauty bloggers. I've tried a couple of the shower gels, so wanted to give a body cream a try too and chose this one because I liked the idea of a Quince scented body butter (I figured it wouldn't be too strong or overpowering).

As body butters go, this is ok and does a reasonable job of moisturising my skin. However, I would question whether this can actually be called a butter as in my opinion it's closer to a cream than a butter. Also, I always think of butters coming in tubs not tubes (the idea being they're too thick to squeeze out of a tube) and this definitely isn't as thick as some body butters I've used. Having said that though, it does apply very well, sinks into my skin without leaving it feeling greasy and my skin did feel softer after using it so maybe it IS a butter after all!

The one downside to this product is the smell. As another reviewer said, this has a very sickly-sweet smell to it, almost like fruit that has gone off. It's for this reason that I would question whether to purchase again, as although it didn't seem to linger on my skin once it was applied, the smell whilst applying it wasn't pleasant. However, if you can get past this or don't really mind, I would recommend giving it a try.

on 6/6/2011 8:59:00 PM

Korres body butters are a thick cream that leaves my skin soft and moisturized. It absorbs well without feeling greasy like L'Occitane shea butter ultra rich cream did. Quince is a nice scent - I like it; I don't love it. I'm going to try other body butter scents to see if I do find one I love, but if not, I'm happy to repurchase Quince again.

on 4/28/2011 12:27:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I like the lotion (it moisturizes and does what it promises to do) but I HATE the smell. Seriuously, it smells like Windex. I only use it on the parts of body that are farthest from my nose (like my feet) and I still smell it -_- I won't be buying this again.

i love the smell of this body butter. it makes me happy every time i put it on & it's so moisturizing. the only thing i don't like about it is that it doesn't absorb very quickly into my skin so it sits on top of my skin for a while. i usually use it at night & by morning, my skin is supple and moisturized!

on 11/15/2010 8:12:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is the perfect body butter! The product itself is quite heavy, and seems like it won't get absorbed, and sometimes if I apply a lot I massage it in with both hands, but it does get absorbed in less than a minute. I've only used it a couple of times so far, but I feel that if I use it at night, my arms and legs still feel pretty soft in the morning.

I'm not very good at noticing, describing or differentiating between scents, and I wasn't really sure what a quince was, but all I can say is that while it does smell quite fruity when first squeezed out of the container, the scent wears away pretty fast. That's a plus for me as I don't always enjoy smelling like my lotion all day.

The container is a huge plus because it just seems more sanitary. It is a bottle with a squeeze dispenser kind of thing. I definitely want to try new Korres products in the future.

on 8/25/2010 6:47:00 PM

This body butter is super moisturizing and lasts a long time. But.......I can't stand the scent! I've been using it up, because I don't like to waste, but the scent is just to strong for me. Someone at work even commented that my office smelled like a bath and body store and I had only used a tiny bit on my elbow.

I got this in a set with Fig&Guava. I didn't care much for the other two because of the scents. This was the one that I really enjoyed. It's a true body butter. Thick at first, but melts into your skin. It did wonders for my winter dry skin. Plus I love the scent. Floral and sweet. Would repurchase.

on 12/1/2009 10:11:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I use this lotion as an alternative to LaVanila. It is luscious and I use it only on my hands, and need only a small amount. Perfect for winter, it is velvety soft and even though pricey, it's worth it.

on 11/29/2009 5:53:00 PM

Great great product. Unfortunately where I live there are no Marshall's so I have to buy it at the Korres store or at Sephora for $9.50 but it's worth it! It last a long time. It's very thick and creamy (which I love) and all you need is a very small amount of product.

on 10/5/2009 11:35:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

(I wanted to give this 3.5 lippes because of my personal preference on the fragrance that I wasn't too crazy about, but this really is a fantastic product, so a 4 it was!) The review:

I found this at a TJ Maxx/Marshalls or whatever and was aware of the rave reviews and it was only $4 (gasp!).... so of course I'm interested and I buy it. This product is really for "dry skin conditions" and I have normal skin so it was a tad thick for my liking, but really did absolutely WONDERS on the texture of my skin. First off, you really have to WORK IT into your skin, this is not a thin liquid that just seeps in. It's very thick, and you have to rub it in for a few seconds. On application and throughout the day, my skin continued to feel super-soft and lightly fragranced, and best of all - completely moisturized! I felt no dryness whatsoever - even the next day. I also love how it's a pump bottle, not a body butter in a jar (yuck) and much easier even then a tube cream, so A+ for packaging! I did not give it a 5 because the smell is OK, it pretty much smells like quince all around, but I did notice a slight pear scent in the fragrance (almost a bit sour), which didn't strike my fancy too much, but it was nothing I couldn't handle for the trade off of great, supple, smooth skin! I recommend this for people who are into natural products, like fruity fragrances, and have super-dry skin - you will like this!