KORRES Natural Products Quince Body Butter

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive
KORRES Natural Products Quince Body Butter
Korres Quince Body Butter

3.5

Aqua, Cetearyl Alcohol, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Coco Caprylate/Caprate, Dicaprylyl Carbonate, Glycerin, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Oil, Dicaprylyl Ether, Squalane, Cetearyl Glucoside, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Persea Gratissima Avocado Oil, Ceteareth 33, Alcohol, Amyl Cinnamal, Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C), Ascorbyl Palmitate (Vitamin C), Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Salicylate, Citric Acid, Citronellol, Coumarin, Grape (Vitis Vinifera) Seed Extract, Hexylcinnamal, Hydroxycitronellal, Hydroxyisohexyl 3 Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Isoeugenol, Lactic Acid, Linalool, Perfume, PEG 8, PEG 40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Potassium Sorbate, Pyrus Cydonia Seed Extract, Tocopherol, Xanthan Gum

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'm only just getting into Korres products after hearing a lot about them from a number of YouTube beauty bloggers. I've tried a couple of the shower gels, so wanted to give a body cream a try too and chose this one because I liked the idea of a Quince scented body butter (I figured it wouldn't be too strong or overpowering).

As body butters go, this is ok and does a reasonable job of moisturising my skin. However, I would question whether this can actually be called a butter as in my opinion it's closer to a cream than a butter. Also, I always think of butters coming in tubs not tubes (the idea being they're too thick to squeeze out of a tube) and this definitely isn't as thick as some body butters I've used. Having said that though, it does apply very well, sinks into my skin without leaving it feeling greasy and my skin did feel softer after using it so maybe it IS a butter after all!

The one downside to this product is the smell. As another reviewer said, this has a very sickly-sweet smell to it, almost like fruit that has gone off. It's for this reason that I would question whether to purchase again, as although it didn't seem to linger on my skin once it was applied, the smell whilst applying it wasn't pleasant. However, if you can get past this or don't really mind, I would recommend giving it a try.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I have this in the 50ml tube...much better than the pump dispenser option in my opinion (easier to control, doesn't get stuck). This is a very rich body cream, much like Bliss or L'occitane creams. It is highly fragranced on application, but it fades gently so I've never become sick of the scent. The quince body butter smells like fruit jam (well the quince fruit is used to make jam!). If you enjoy strong, sweet fragrances you will love this. The thicker consistency of the product really goes a long way and moisturises beautifully, especially during winter months. The 'natural products' label is a bit misleading, but at least the ingredients list do not read like a science experiment.

Popular Lotions / Creams