4.3

Aqua, Cetearyl Alcohol, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Coco Caprylate/Caprate, Dicaprylyl Carbonate, Glycerin, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Oil, Dicaprylyl Ether, Squalane, Cetearyl Glucoside, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Persea Gratissima Avocado Oil, Ceteareth 33, Alcohol, Amyl Cinnamal, Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C), Ascorbyl Palmitate (Vitamin C), Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Salicylate, Citric Acid, Citronellol, Coumarin, Grape (Vitis Vinifera) Seed Extract, Hexylcinnamal, Hydroxycitronellal, Hydroxyisohexyl 3 Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Isoeugenol, Lactic Acid, Linalool, Perfume, PEG 8, PEG 40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Potassium Sorbate, Pyrus Cydonia Seed Extract, Tocopherol, Xanthan Gum

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

HG. Period. And I don't throw that term around lightly.

I've had problems with dry, scaly, itchy, horrible skin on my legs my whole life. Before I discovered this spectacular body butter, I had been switching between keri unscented and arm and hammer swiss formula in the summer and a homemade shea butter concoction in the winter but, unhappy with with these options, I spent probably $400 a year sampling every fancy new body butter to hit the shelves. You name it, I've probably tried it, hated it, given it to my mom.

But Korres body butter is just about perfect. I've been using it every day for the last two years, and my legs are soft, smooth, not scaly or flaky or itchy or cracked. It's so moisturizing and it sinks in so quickly no matter what climate you're in. I've used this body butter through the dry summer in Las Vegas, REALLY dry winter in Las Vegas, soppy, humid summer in Providence, RI, bracing Chicago winter, near constant rain in Grenada, you name it. It's not greasy, its not slippery, it's just soft.

I find the packaging ideal. Compact and spill-proof for travel, airtight and sanitary, easy to squeeze out the last drop, easy to see when you're about to run out. And the label's pretty, which never hurt anyone.

Scent is obviously a matter of personal preference, but the Quince scent is one of those delicate, bright, fruity scents, kind of pink and happy, that just makes me smile whenever I put it on. It's not very strong and fades away relatively quickly, but applying the lotion is definitely a wonderful olfactory experience and a bright point in my morning routine.

It's not the cheapest stuff in the world, but it's definitely not the most expensive and it's so effective that one little pump tube thing of this lasts me about as long as one of those ginormous drugstore pump bottles used to since I don't have to slather it all over myself morning, noon and night.

Summary: best body lotion I've ever used, hands down. It's sufficiently moisturizing and miraculously quick to sink in no matter what the season or climate. Smells delightful. Good packaging. Not that cheap, but easily, easily worth it. Highly recommended.

on 12/26/2006 5:46:00 AM

Amazing product! This body butter is creamy, super moisturising, absorbs really fast, and leaves your skin feeling ultra soft and smooth without being greasy. Beware it's very concentrated, so a little goes along way. The Quince scent is a pleasant, floral scent-much stronger than the Guava scent which I happen to prefer over this one. As someone with very dry all year round, I've tried countless so-called "Moisturising" lotions, butters, and oils. Most of them fall short of their claims. They often leave my skin extremely greasy/oily with a tacky residue, or leave my skin feeling not moisturised at all and I'm left having to constantly reapply thru out the day. Not this baby. It delivers what it claims to do. It also has all natural ingredients like guava, shea butter, AND is free of mineral oil, silicone, and propylene glycol. A definite winner!

on 11/22/2011 2:11:00 PM

This was a really good and moisturizing product. I was really satisfied and I could feel my skin becoming softer and more hydrated each day.

on 11/8/2011 11:43:00 AM

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

This is a very thick and creamy body butter. It takes a while to get absorbed into my skin, thicker than Lush's dream cream. I have very dry skin and I prefer moisturizers that's on the thicker side but this is even alittle too thick for me. It is very moisturizing and leaves my skin smooth and soft.

The scent is fresh, not great but just ok for me, disappears after a while. Container is a pump dispenser, very convenient and sanitary. Does not contain harmful ingredients like mineral oil, parabens etc

This is pretty expensive but totally worth it if you have extremely dry skin and needed a heavy duty moisturizer. Or you can use it on very dry areas like elbows, knees etc

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Just when I thought I have encountered every ingredient for body lotions imaginable, Korres came out with a surprise. I didn't even known what "quince" is, but I had to get it. Delightfully rich both in terms of smell and texture. My only complaint is that it is expensive and I go through one bottle quickly.

on 6/6/2011 8:59:00 PM

Korres body butters are a thick cream that leaves my skin soft and moisturized. It absorbs well without feeling greasy like L'Occitane shea butter ultra rich cream did. Quince is a nice scent - I like it; I don't love it. I'm going to try other body butter scents to see if I do find one I love, but if not, I'm happy to repurchase Quince again.

on 5/27/2011 8:08:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I had high hopes for this body butter, having very dry skin especially on my shins. But frankly, it disappointed me. The texture is quite thick and creamy, yet I didn't find it particularly moisturizing, and while I liked the scent upon first application, I now find that it disturbs my nose. So far, the best body cream for me has been Mama Mio Omega Super-rich Bodycream, which really delivers.
*edit* One month later, and I'm adding one lippie. This bodybutter is OK for moisturizing my shins, but I probably won't repurchase because I prefer more lightly scented creams and lotions.

on 4/22/2009 1:49:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

This is a great body butter. It's moisturizing yet not greasy. I live in a hot/humid climate and a lot of moisturizers make me sweaty when I am outdoors. Not this one! It penetrates well. It doesn't feel like it's sitting on my skin.

I highly recommend it. The scent is light and pleasant.

on 10/16/2006 11:15:00 PM

I've tried it all...natural, synthetic, drug store, department store, health food store. This is it. This is as good as it gets. Besides the wonderful Quince aroma, it just melts into the skin to soften and protect. All day. All night. I had no clue Korres was so good. I love the dispenser also...protects the product from oxidation and pumps easily. I use this right after the shower on dampish skin, and it takes a bit to sink in, but when it does, lordy, it feels good. No greasey or oily feel, just soft, supple skin. UhhmHuhhm. Love it...

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'm only just getting into Korres products after hearing a lot about them from a number of YouTube beauty bloggers. I've tried a couple of the shower gels, so wanted to give a body cream a try too and chose this one because I liked the idea of a Quince scented body butter (I figured it wouldn't be too strong or overpowering).

As body butters go, this is ok and does a reasonable job of moisturising my skin. However, I would question whether this can actually be called a butter as in my opinion it's closer to a cream than a butter. Also, I always think of butters coming in tubs not tubes (the idea being they're too thick to squeeze out of a tube) and this definitely isn't as thick as some body butters I've used. Having said that though, it does apply very well, sinks into my skin without leaving it feeling greasy and my skin did feel softer after using it so maybe it IS a butter after all!

The one downside to this product is the smell. As another reviewer said, this has a very sickly-sweet smell to it, almost like fruit that has gone off. It's for this reason that I would question whether to purchase again, as although it didn't seem to linger on my skin once it was applied, the smell whilst applying it wasn't pleasant. However, if you can get past this or don't really mind, I would recommend giving it a try.

Popular Lotions / Creams