KORRES Natural Products Quince Body Butter

Filtered by hair type : Straight
KORRES Natural Products Quince Body Butter
Korres Quince Body Butter

3.7

Aqua, Cetearyl Alcohol, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Coco Caprylate/Caprate, Dicaprylyl Carbonate, Glycerin, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Oil, Dicaprylyl Ether, Squalane, Cetearyl Glucoside, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Persea Gratissima Avocado Oil, Ceteareth 33, Alcohol, Amyl Cinnamal, Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C), Ascorbyl Palmitate (Vitamin C), Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Salicylate, Citric Acid, Citronellol, Coumarin, Grape (Vitis Vinifera) Seed Extract, Hexylcinnamal, Hydroxycitronellal, Hydroxyisohexyl 3 Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Isoeugenol, Lactic Acid, Linalool, Perfume, PEG 8, PEG 40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Potassium Sorbate, Pyrus Cydonia Seed Extract, Tocopherol, Xanthan Gum

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'm only just getting into Korres products after hearing a lot about them from a number of YouTube beauty bloggers. I've tried a couple of the shower gels, so wanted to give a body cream a try too and chose this one because I liked the idea of a Quince scented body butter (I figured it wouldn't be too strong or overpowering).

As body butters go, this is ok and does a reasonable job of moisturising my skin. However, I would question whether this can actually be called a butter as in my opinion it's closer to a cream than a butter. Also, I always think of butters coming in tubs not tubes (the idea being they're too thick to squeeze out of a tube) and this definitely isn't as thick as some body butters I've used. Having said that though, it does apply very well, sinks into my skin without leaving it feeling greasy and my skin did feel softer after using it so maybe it IS a butter after all!

The one downside to this product is the smell. As another reviewer said, this has a very sickly-sweet smell to it, almost like fruit that has gone off. It's for this reason that I would question whether to purchase again, as although it didn't seem to linger on my skin once it was applied, the smell whilst applying it wasn't pleasant. However, if you can get past this or don't really mind, I would recommend giving it a try.

on 6/6/2011 8:59:00 PM

Korres body butters are a thick cream that leaves my skin soft and moisturized. It absorbs well without feeling greasy like L'Occitane shea butter ultra rich cream did. Quince is a nice scent - I like it; I don't love it. I'm going to try other body butter scents to see if I do find one I love, but if not, I'm happy to repurchase Quince again.

on 5/27/2011 8:08:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I had high hopes for this body butter, having very dry skin especially on my shins. But frankly, it disappointed me. The texture is quite thick and creamy, yet I didn't find it particularly moisturizing, and while I liked the scent upon first application, I now find that it disturbs my nose. So far, the best body cream for me has been Mama Mio Omega Super-rich Bodycream, which really delivers.
*edit* One month later, and I'm adding one lippie. This bodybutter is OK for moisturizing my shins, but I probably won't repurchase because I prefer more lightly scented creams and lotions.

on 10/5/2010 4:05:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I bought this product at sephora several months ago but i have so many unopened HE lotions and body butters I felt like I should wait. For a lotion, yes it is on the thicker side but i'm used to body butters and products made solely of shea (from l'occitane). So this didn't seem think for me. However it was moisturizing and it went strainght in my skin, I didn'y care much for the spicy fruit scent but my boyfriend of 3 years (poor thing has smelled so many lotions i'm surprised his sense of smell can tell the difference between verbena or Trish by Trish Mcevoy). But he liked it, and I mostly use my lotions so i can smell good for him. Korres is also a greek product which I never knew. But anyhow, I'm very pleased with it. The only con is the big cap that I lost the day I opened it. For my lotions and butters (unless they're in a tub) I'd like to have a cap that attached to the bottle. Anyways 2 thumbs up, and in 5 years when I'm almost done with my lotions/crenes/body butters this will be something I would repurchase.

on 12/3/2009 5:22:00 PM

Pretty expensive (almost $30 for the big tube) but I got it on sale at TJMaxx, so totally worth it! Thick and creamy, but not greasy. Light scent fades and doesn't overpower or upstage your perfume. I use it on my hands in winter.

I bought this in the squeeze tube and I love this! I have tried the Korres Yogurt one as well and finished it and I usually never finish cream, so this says a lot! This cream is super rich and thick so be sure to rub it in very well. This is the only body butter that actually keeps me moisturized. I put it on at night after my bath and I am still moisturized. The scent is light and slightly fruity and non offensive...a must try ladies! The fig one is delicious too.

on 10/23/2009 9:21:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

After reading that other reviewers bought this body butter for $4 at TJ Maxx, I immediately headed over to my local TJ Maxx. No Korres products sold at all. I even checked Marshall's--no Korres there either. I ended up buying the product on Beauty.com
I heard that Korres is discontinuing the Quince scent, which is too bad because I really like it. It is a very light feminine scent. I also have the Jasmine body butter. They smell really good mixed together too. I think it is a much more feminine scent than Guava. It has a more subtle smell than the Jasmine.

I adore this body butter. I only use this on my legs because they tend to get dry after I shave them, and this keeps them lovely and soft, I would use it on my elbows/hands too but for me it might be too rich for the rest of my body but thats because I dont have dry skin (besides my legs after shaving) I cant even begin to describe the scent, it reminds me of something, I cant think what, but I can tell you its a beautiful scent, its almost addictive! It takes a bit to rub in, but after its rubbed in, it doesnt leave you greasy for hours like some body butters do, I used it this morning after my shower and its 7:30pm now and my legs still feel really soft and soothed. I really like this product and I would like to try the vanilla-cinnamon scented products next because those are 2 of my favourite scents.

on 8/30/2007 4:09:00 PM

overall: i like the smell of the body butter, but i hate the greasiness. it looked very oily on my skin and took some time to absorb. it seemed a bit moisturizing, but i would not repurchase it again because it's not worth what you're paying for. i was pretty disappointed since i heard it was a topseller at fred segal apothia, but it didn't seem spectacular to me. there are better, less expensive creams available.
package: i like that it has a pump with a cap, but it's a pretty plain, plastic bottle.
price: $19.50 USD for a 150ml bottle is much too expensive for what it offers.
ingredients: i don't have the bottle anymore, but i remember that it was mostly, water and ceteryl alcohol with some sweet almond oil, grapeseed oil, shea butter plus more oils.

on 12/23/2006 11:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Oh my god this smells horrible, but it moisturizes ok.