Clairol Herbal essence totally twisted mousse

No Image

3.3

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have a back up of this (rare unless I really like a product bcoz I am always trying new stuff!). I really do like it. It is crunchy (in a good way!), but that helps the curls. I have 2B/2C hair that requires a hard hold but this is light & crunchy not like you put spiking glue in ur hair. It’s cheap too like $3 & easily obtainable (any grocery store/pharmacy/big box). The nozzle is a little wonky I’ve noticed but it comes out. And it’s CG approved #winning

i absolutely did not like anything about this.
i have straight/wavy but i can style it pretty easily. I have really lightweight mousse's that are able to wave my hair without a problem but not only did this do NOTHING for me but it made my hair look so much worse..it just weighed it down, made it look frizzy in some places and almost kind of greasy looking ugh. i dont know if i just got a "bad" bottle or something but this did not work for me whatsoever.

on 7/16/2015 1:37:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

So I was unsure about this product, I haven't used mousse in about 15 years but decided to give it a go after cutting my curly hair to my shoulders and wondering how to control it. I applied this to damp hair and let it air dry. It smells great, doesn't have a huge amount of hold (no helmet head, rock hard hair) and was easy to apply. It looked pretty good when it dried, mostly frizz free and didn't look like hair that was bogged down with product (I hate that look). Overall this is quite good for a cheap hair mousse. I'd recommend it if you have curls that need some control but you don't want a ton of hold. Would repurchase.

I liked the product, it worked okay. And smells amazing. But the next day my hair would be a terrible dreaded n wadded up mess. When I used Aussie mouse. My hair would be the same as the day before. Maybe a little flattened. But not tangled to no end.

on 4/21/2015 2:49:00 PM

do not buy if you are use to thick mousse!!!!
I normally use dove or marc anthony but I thought I would try this because I have heard good things but ugh I knew when I was putting it on that it seemed too light, and my curls were not as big as they are with other mousse and it did not stay! would not purchase again!!

on 10/3/2015 1:17:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Most curly/wavy-haired women I know have a closet full of disappointing, partially used hair products, and I am no exception. Even after splurging on high-end products, I keep coming back to this drugstore steal. It gives my fine, uneven waves a more consistent shape and offers the best frizz control of any mousse I have tried. As others have mentioned, after air-drying, you have to work your hair with your hands here and there to get rid of any "crunch" but the end result is great and lasts all day. My search for the perfect mousse stops here!

on 11/9/2012 7:40:00 PM

Pros:
Very lightweight, left my hair so incredibly soft and smooth, smells really great

Cons:
It's probably just because my hair is so thick and heavy, but it didn't hold the scrunch very well. Maybe I just need to use a stronger holding product. It looked great when I left the house, but by the end of the day it was basically straight with a little bit of wave. Still so soft though and not crunchy at all!

I will probably continue to use this when I want my hair to be kind of relaxed - not straight but not completely scrunched either, just a relaxed wave!

on 5/1/2013 8:09:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

So far, this is the best mousse I have ever used. It holds really well on my super curly fine hair. After it dries, it will be crunchy so I scrunch out the crunch and it looks soft and moves freely.

Do NOT add water to your hair after using it. Once it's dry and you have your look, leave it alone and don't try to add more product or water on top of it otherwise it'll just frizz out.

There is no "second day" hold though. And it takes a while for my hair to dry before it's scrunch-ready so I do not consider this a style-and-go product. I always have to wait for it to set, the hair to dry, and then the scrunch for my hair to look decent.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

My go to mousse! I love this mousse, it smells amazing and makes my curls look good, not great though. Still, it is cheap and I don't want to be disappointed by another product so I'll stick with this. Try it, you will probably love it.

I really like this mousse. I have medium length, thick wavy hair that really needs a mousse for when I blow dry and this mousse is really nice. It is inexpensive, light and it smells SO nice. My boyfriend who is a big "Manly Man" loves the smell of it to and has put his entire face in my hair and just inhaled because it smells so nice. The smell doesn't last very long but it may be in part because I heat style after and usually spray some additional heat spray on my hair while it is dry and then use a thickening hair spray too to hold my waves. It is a very nice mousse however and I am sure other wavy or curlies would love it as well. My Mom has curly hair and she uses it before blow drying and her hair looks and smells great!

Popular Styling Products