Pantene Silver Expressions Shampoo

Pantene Silver Expressions Shampoo

4.3

Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Chloride, Citric Acid, Sodium Citrate, Sodium Xylenesulfonate, Fragrance, Cocamide MEA, Sodium Benzoate, Tetrasodium EDTA, PEG-60 Almond Glycerides, Guar, Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Linoleamidopropyl, PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Panthenol, Panthenyl Ethyl Ether, Soybean Protein, Sage Leaf Extract, Jasmine Extract, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Violet 2.

on 1/7/2016 1:57:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have only had this product for a few days and have used for the past 2 mornings.
I love the way this product makes my hair shine and feel. I am growing out my color to a natural silver grey and am only 3 months into the process so in fairness, my silver/grey hair is only 1 1/2 inches from the root but, regardless I can see the difference and it does
no harm to the rest of my hair that is colored. So far it does not seem to have
the drying effect that many have mentioned and I find it to lather up very nicely- In fact,
I use less of this than normal and it still gives me plenty of lather.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I like this shampoo. I purchased it to help keep my blonde hair ashy toned. It doesn't leave my hair greasy at all.

The only downside is that it is a bit pricey for a drugstore product. I believe I paid $9 for it (not on sale, mind you) in Canada.

To Read all 23 Reviews, Login or Join

I have medium brown hair with a lot of red undertones. I hate having any warmth in my hair and constantly dye it an ash brown to cancel out the red. Purple shampoo helps calm down the brassy tones in my hair and I'm actually really impressed with this purple shampoo from Pantene. The best purple shampoo I've used is Joico's Color Endure Violet shampoo but it's super drying and doesn't feel like it actually cleanses my hair. Pantene's Silver Expressions shampoo feels like a normal shampoo and gets my hair clean without feeling super dried out or stripped. It also tones quite nicely. I definitely recommend this (and the matching conditioner!)

on 9/17/2013 11:20:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Silver, Straight, Coarse

I've let my hair go gray. It's silver around my face to about a couple of inches back and the rest is a dark brown with silver mixed in. There were the remaining ends of some highlights (which I was told would ease the going gray process but didn't) left which made some of my ends yellow. I used this shampoo, left it in for the duration of my shower, rinsed, applied Frizz-Ease and dried. My silver is more brilliant and shiny and the yellow ends are practically gone. I love this stuff! The only thing is it seems to really strip and dry my hair. I hate using conditioner and usually use Frizz-Ease when my hair is soaking wet, and that smoothed it up and made it soft. My silver is bright and shiny and I'm rocking' the gray!

on 4/13/2013 7:17:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I love this shampoo! it works great!
I used to buy Shimmer Light's but this is no comparison.
The thing I don't like about shimmer lights is it can turn your hair grey very quickly, which I did not like.

The Pantene does not. It just does what it's supposed to do, is help tone down any bright yellow or orange tones, that's it! without turning your hair grey.

I honestly didn't have any high hopes for this shampoo because first of all Pantene is not my favorite brand of hair care..I heard they use a lot of crap/chemicals in their stuff..I mean I'm sure all companies do but..for some reason Pantene always comes up in conversation as using the most crap../anyway, I was a little desperate because other than Shimmer Light's which you can only get at Sally's there's no other drugstore option, so when I saw this I picked it up right away.

The shampoo smells really nice, kind of has a light floral-y scent, it's very dark purple, and I only need a dot sized amount because a little bit goes a very long way.
I also sometimes leave this on a little longer if I feel that it doesn't tone enough, and if I leave it on several mins. more I get a beautiful toned color, this tones really well, I like it a lot!

I will definitely repurchase this shampoo, and I highly recommend it.

UPDATE: The only thing I noticed is this shampoo can strip your color fairly quickly, BUT a way to avoid that is don't put it so close to your roots, and it really worked for me!
Also, I have not been able to find this shampoo anywhere anymore..at first I only saw the conditioner in my drugstores and then everything was gone..I kept asking the SA if they have any of the shampoo in stock and she kept saying no...discontinued? I don't know.
but since I was in need of a purple shampoo I started purchasing the brand Light Blue Shade shampoo and it's awesome!

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I just bought this exact product( the silver) and I have naturally dark brown with very few strands of lighter brown hair, and I'm worried that this might change my hair color or give me gray hair. Anyone have any answers to what this will do to my hair?

I found this very easy to find at Walmart actually. Pretty cheap. I found it for $4.00 actually.

I have been trying to bleach my hair and I have had a lot of brassy tones just stuck in my hair that would not come out. I'm trying to go for a silvery blonde so I can put some lavendar tones in it.

Well, I have to say, the shampoo and conditioner works like a charm to get rid of brassy tones. The ends of my hair that were super brassy colored, almost a light brown/orange, turned light blonde like the rest of my hair. It's also putting more lighter blonde tones in my hair which is awesome.

I like that this happens, most of you probably don't. It does leave some light lavendar or light light blue tones in your hair if you leave it in long enough. But it does make it a lot easier to transition hair colors.

Coming from black hair and trying to go ash blonde again, this does the trick.
Love it.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This works very well at removing the brassiness from color treated light brown to blonde hair. I have medium brown hair and lighten it to medium blonde. Although I use an ash hair color my hair still has a slight orange hue in the sunlight and it makes me nuts. Shampooing with this and conditioning with JF color correcting conditioner takes the "brass" tone away pretty much after one use. If you have this problem you might want to give this shampoo a try. It does not dry your hair and it costs about $6. at Walgreens, but it is kind of hard to find. I have a feeling that they might be discontinuing it :C

on 2/27/2010 11:06:00 AM

I bought this to keep my highlights looking fresh and non-brassy. It works. This shampoo smells nice, doesn't dry out my processed hair, and rinses out well. I find I do need to use a conditioner afterward, but that's nothing new. Overall, a nice product that I will continue to purchase as long as I have highlights.

on 4/25/2009 1:52:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I got this hoping it would tame the brassiness of my highlighted hair. I suspect that my hair was already way too lightened/processed for this shampoo (and conditioner) to really make it noticeably less brassy. I really can't say I noticed a difference in the color. However, I will finish this bottle of product because it smells AWESOME and my hair feels very nice, clean and smooth. I doubt I will buy this again though because it was more than I like to spend on shampoo.

Popular Shampoos