NYX Doll Eye - Long Lash

NYX Doll Eye - Long Lash

3.9

Long Lash – Black Water / Aqua / Eau, Acrylates/Ethylhexyl Acrylate Copolymer, Acrylates Copolymer, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax / Cera Carnauba / Cire de Carnauba, Stearic Acid, VP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Glycerin, Beeswax / Cera Alba / Cire d'abeille, Triethanolamine, PVP, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax / Candelilla Cera / Cire de Candelilla, Cetyl Alcohol, Nylon-6, Alcohol, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Lanolin, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Glyceryl Stearate, Dimethicone, Methylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Propylparaben, Disodium EDTA. MAY CONTAIN / PEUT CONTENIR ( /-): Iron Oxides (CI 77499).

on 6/25/2017 6:52:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Easily the worst wand I have ever used. The fat ends and skinny middle ensures my lashes never get coated individually but clump into five sparse groups, mascara gets all over my eyelids, and the fluid dries in a gunk all over the wand because it sure as hell isn't coming off onto my lashes. The mess was so infuriating, I would put my mascara on first, clean off my eyelids, and then put on eyeshadow and hope it doesn't drop down onto my poorly-done lashes. I tried brushing it on twenty different ways to make that stupid wand work. The only way this mascara looked good was when I used a disposable spoolie.

The formula itself might be okay, but why bother using disposable spoolies when I can buy L'Oreal or No. 7 for the same price?

on 5/10/2017 12:36:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

This is a decent inexpensive mascara. It won't replace my Blinc Amplified or any of my favorite mascaras but when I needed it in a pinch, it came through for me. This doesn't separate my lashes the way I need them separated., Since I have thin, stubby lashes, separation is a must, or I look like I have 4 lashes on each eye.The brush is okay, but not great, and this does have some clumps and furry things. The ingredients list is unimpressive, but this isn't inexpensive, so I can't expect much.

on 4/6/2017 12:09:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

They changed the formula. This used to be a tubing mascara and I loved it! Last time I purchased this, it melted under my eyes, leaving dark circles. I thought that I must've bought the wrong formula. I returned that tube and purchased another. The same thing happened. What a disappointment!!! Nothing worked quite like this mascara! Now it is just an average, waterproof mascara that runs the second it touches oily skin.

HG mascara for life. I have a 3 month subscription for this mascara via Amazon because it is a staple along with my vitamins and supplements. I have strayed only because I could not find it in store but I have seen it on occasion at Bed Bath & Beyond and at Nordstrom Rack.

on 10/28/2016 4:28:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This mascara does what it says - the tiny fibres do make my lashes look longer. Stays all day (I wear this on average for about 10h per day) and has lasted me through some teary episodes without flaking on me unless I intentionally rubbed my eyes! What I love the most about this mascara is how it manages to hold a curl quite well with about 2-3 coats (at least so much better than my previous MAC mascara) and for a fraction of the price! Not giving this 5 lippies because I would have liked a 'wetter' formula and better packaging, but this is enough for me for a natural daily look and for the price.

on 9/12/2016 12:58:00 AM

I really wanted to like this, but I found the formula to be so dry. I prefer a wetter mascara. This didn't do much for me overall.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Stumbled upon this gem after while on the hunt for an American drugstore mascara that wouldn't smudge on me. This mascara nicely defines and deepens lashes to somewhere between "natural" and "lots of lashes", tending towards "lots of lashes." Builds easily. Great brush. And doesn't smudge!

Update: Lowered overall rating to two lippies. After one week of gloriousness, the formula dried out and flaked in my eyes. Boo! The brush is still bomb tho.

on 8/10/2016 1:34:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I'd read this is a tubing mascara, and yet it still winds up smeared in circles beneath my eyes. How does that even happen?!

on 5/30/2016 1:39:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

I like this mascara. I don't usually branch out with makeup bc I like to stick with cruelty free brands that are easily accessible, so take my review w a grain of salt as I don't have much to compare this to, but it certainly does both lengthen and add volume to my lashes. I typically use elf's mineral mascara which adds much more natural looking length, and I like that this mascara amps my eyelashes up just a little more than the elf one does but still manages to look pretty smooth and natural.

lastly, it wears really well thru tears and washes away like a dream~ i think it's a fiber mascara, so it comes off in flakes and doesn't run when it gets wet, if that makes sense. i know admittedly little about mascara + even less about mascara terminology lol. basically it doesn't move until you tell it to, and when you do want it off, it comes off with very little effort. i like it.

on 4/29/2016 12:14:00 AM

This is my go-to inexpensive mascara. If i2 had dollars for days, I love Dior and a couple of other $30+ mascaras but I'm trying to keep champagne tastes on a beer budget.

In mascaras I look for separation and thickening and this one does both. It doesn't transfer or flake off after a long day which may include dog walking, hours of liftin at work or window shopping. Application is nice, which for me means I don't have to go in after applying and separate wads of lashes. Curious to try their newer formulations as the brand expands in Canada now that they are carried at Rexall/PharmaPlus.