Ulta Mineral Powder Foundation

Filtered by eye Color : Green
Ulta Mineral Powder Foundation

3.0

Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride, Zinc Oxide, 2-Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Methylparaben, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Panax Ginseng Root Extract.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

so I bought this on sale at Ulta 2 for $12 which I thought was a great deal for the amount of product you get . well after trial and trial again I've come to the conclusion that this isn't for combo oily skin gals. it went on beautiful and had some great coverage compared to edm but it didn't hold up . after about 4 hours it was breaking up on my cheeks , chin , around my nose . I tried with a primer , without a primer, as a finishing powder. it just wouldn't hold up, it like smears and melts so where I placed my contour and blush started to look dirty and not as defined . packaging was really nice though! I would only use this for a day I need something quick when I'm not gonna do a full face but I wouldn't repurchase

No problems with the foundation itself as far as coverage or color goes. Was looking for an inexpensive replacement for my PurMinerals foundation, didn't like the price of BareMinerals, their colors are all too yellow or too light, and they made me break out after a couple uses, and sadly, so does the Ulta. I can wear it every other day if I switch out with my PurMinerals foundation, but if I wear the Ulta more than two days in a row, I start getting gigantic, painful pimples. Like the horrific kind I haven't had since I was sixteen, and went on Accutane for...so yeah. Sorry Ulta, I really wanted this to work, but I won't buy this again. For the price, it's worth a shot if you don't have super-sensitive skin. However, I do. If you do have sensitive skin: AVOID. :(

on 1/11/2011 9:39:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I didn't break out from using this foundation like others said they did, but neither of the shades I bought worked for me. First, I tried Fair 05 and it was much too dark and orange-y. Then I tried Fair 03, which was better, but almost too light. I think there need to be many more tone selections. I'll stick to Urban Decay foundation from now on. I usually love Ulta's products, but this is not one of them.

on 3/26/2009 11:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I find this to be a good foundation, it does not look cakey and has pretty good coverage too. Though there is not a whole lot of shades to choose from (though there are enough) the shade seems to work well for a pretty wide range of tones around that color. (hope that makes sense) I think this is a pretty good foundation, and for the price it is very nice. This stuff makes a great concealer too. If you add a bit of water to some powder in the lid, it has great coverage. It also seems to last a while I think I had mine for about 4 months and I used it everyday.

on 3/17/2009 2:46:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I love the foundation and it has come to be my HG. I actually love the mineral veil and wear a light dusting nearly daily. I don't wear the foundation all the time but the medium 3-5 is usually a perfect match for me when Ive been tanning (which is usually most of the year) and it hasn't ever seemed to break me out, contrary to many of the reviews I have read. The containers last me a pretty long time too. The price is also great for what I feel is a quality mineral product, not to mention Ulta runs great deals frequently on their line of cosmetics! I used their liquid foundation for years before finding this and now i will never go back!

I didn't like this foundation. My face got cyctic acne. Very painful! Probably because Bismuth Oxychloride is the number 1 ingredient. It is known to cause acne. It also made my face shiny and my pores look larger. It also contains methylparaben. Parabens in my makeup, no thankyou. I should have paid attention to the label.

on 12/1/2008 12:26:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Another favorite to add to my mineral foundation aresenal. I really liked this stuff. I found it easy to fine a shade, I chose Fair03, and it matched perfectly. This leans towards the dewy side, for sure, but not quite shiny, which is good. It's light, but the coverage is good. Does not settle into the lines. Sorta reminds me of Laura Mercier's. Good amount for the price. Doesn't have SPF, that I know of, which is a shame, but I would repurchase because I like the way it wears. UPDATE: Does not cake! Yay! I've touched this up 3 times today and it still looks light and fresh. I think it can have the tendency to slip off, but if it won't cake, I'm ok with touching up! UPDATE: This stuff makes me look FLAWLESS!!!

on 5/8/2008 9:48:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

it caused my skin to break out ALL OVER, including on my cheeks which is a rarity.

on 11/11/2007 9:19:00 PM

This product made my face break out EVERYWHERE! I rarely get a zit, and overnight my face broke out in small pimples on my forehead, cheeks and side of face. I just got this product two days ago so it was the only thing that I changed in my routine. I am taking this back to the store for a refund.

on 11/26/2006 8:28:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I loved this product because it goes on so smoothly and stays on. I have dry skin and it works well for me. I can't believe how inexpensive it is for the quality it has. I would recommend this product highly.