Ulta Mineral Powder Foundation

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel
Ulta Mineral Powder Foundation

3.0

Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride, Zinc Oxide, 2-Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Methylparaben, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Panax Ginseng Root Extract.

on 7/16/2014 11:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I got this foundation for $5 on sale.

It didn't control oil as well as Everyday Minerals but covered much better.

The color did oxidize a little bit but most foundation do this on my skin as I am quite oily. However, this was very slight. The texture and coverage are great and it is very easy to apply/blend.

When wearing to work, I have to touch up a couple of times during the day due to my oily skin but it was not as bad as MANY others I have tried.

I have very very fine lines under my eyes. Generally I would say they are invisible unless I have caked on make up, followed up with too much powder, let it sit and get oily for a few hours than apply more foundation on top. In other words lines around my eyes are not usually a problem for me.

Well, this foundation has a slightly sparkly additive that made every little line noticeable. Still, I like the product well enough that I would simply use something else under my eyes and continue to use the Ulta mineral foundation on the rest of my face.

It made the skin on the rest of my face look incredible. So, for the $5 it is a bargain!

on 11/19/2012 2:01:00 AM

I've used this foundation for awhile now, but am not 100% satisfied. I ended up getting the foundation for $5 when Ulta was having a sale. It's worth $5 to spend on foundation, but it does look cakey. I always have to smooth out my foundation after wearing it for even a short period of time. Because I have acne prone skin, I tend to have to do more than a light sweeping of the foundation which is also another reason for it looking cakey. If you are looking for a light coverage, I would recommend this powder, otherwise probably not. I do however like the price and is why I would continue to buy it (even if I have to smooth it out).

on 3/27/2012 4:13:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I really like this powder foundation! I use it on days that I don't have time to do my whole make-up routine and I'm impressed with the coverage and lasting power. It's a nice sheer to medium coverage and seems to last the whole work day.

I've tried using this to set my liquid foundation and as long as I use a little, it works fine. If I use too much, I get a much fuller coverage that I don't like. Really, the only minus is that it can get messy/product is lost easily since it's a loose powder. However, I will repurchase because the price and quality is worth the messiness!

I used nothing but bare minerals for a year and a half. Sick of spending an arm and a leg I tried out ulta minerals for a change. I am super happy and satisfied with their product, it's a definite dupe of bare minerals that lives up to it's claim. While the particles aren't as fine, it still has very good coverage. I like dusting this over my bb cream when I have a very long day ahead of me or want more coverage. The color fair 01 and fair 03 both fit me great. It's wise to use a powder brush for this one since my flat top kabuki can apply the product on too thick and make me look cakey.

on 1/12/2011 8:08:00 PM

Ugh. I have the pressed version of this. I usually use Palladio powder foundation but Ulta was out of my shade(as usual they were out of something I need). This was out on display so I figured I'd try it. It was about $12 and I had a coupon for $3.50 off. First off, the sponge you get with it sucks. The foundation itself is cakey and tends to seperate and look terrible quickly. My face got greasy. I can't recommend it.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I do not like hardly anything about this product.
It looks cakey and makes me look washed out with this odd blue-pink undertone which I still haven't gotten to the bottom of.
If you have any areas on your ace that are dry you might as well forget about wearing this because it will only worsen the look of the dry area.
I have freckles and I love them , so I don't like to cover them up, and this foundation just won't allow me to control the amount of coverage I would like which only adds to the cakey look of the product.
I rarely EVER get any sort of pimple on my face ever yet within the first few days of wearing this foundation I started breaking out all over my forehead area, I still have some of the bumps after not using this product for over three months now.
The ONLY thing I like about this foundation is the fact that I can use it as concealer under my eyes for the dark circles I get sometimes.
But that is it.
And for 14?
No thanks, I'll get a good concealer do that for me.
Honestly though, I am so over mineral foundation all together.
It's messy and inconvienant and overrated.
I would not reccomend this to anyone, because basically it sucks major ass.
In fact, everytime I even think about using this product the first words that come to my mind are yuck, and never again.

I'm so happy now that I've read these reviews! I've been breaking out like crazy ever since winter and I had no idea why. I've never had bad acne but all of a sudden I've been getting like TONS, on my cheeks which is where I'd never get it. I thought this Ulta brand was good for your skin, like BareMinerals, so I changed my skin-washing routine and started washing my makeup brushes, but didn't think to throw this stuff out! I'm so mad that I've spent months caking this stuff on, to hide the acne, that this stuff is CAUSING! This is going in the trash. I'm never buying it again.

I've tried mineral powder foundations from BE, PUR, Amazing, Physician's Formula, and Arbonne. This is the only one that has worked for my slightly oily, sensitive skin. This goes on in the morning and can go all day without a touch-up and no oily breakthrough! I bought this is Fair 03 as part of a kit which includes a great blush. I've been to Ulta stores in the Phoenix area to try to replace it and no one has it in stock. I believe it is called Lotus. Beautiful color on fair skin.