ULTA Mineral Powder Foundation

Filtered by eye Color : Brown age: 19-24
ULTA Mineral Powder Foundation

3.3

Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride, Zinc Oxide, 2-Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Methylparaben, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Panax Ginseng Root Extract.

on 7/19/2012 10:28:00 PM

This product is is great on my sensitive skin. Coverage was light to medium however not very build able without lookin Cakey.

I definately feel like it makes me look older and not in a good way. My skin is nice and smooth and this foundation really dries me out.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I just bought this because of the raves on MUA. I actually like it! It does covers well or better than BE. I use light in BE and i purchased fair 05 by Ulta. It's the perfect match for my skintone and there is only 4 shades! I want to try the mineral pressed powder too...anyone tried that yet?? O ya, i bought another foundation called the illuminating foundation w/ spf15, haven't tested that out yet but i got it from the buy one get one free deal. ***UPDATE - it made me break out =( i wanted to like this too!! **

Edit (09/28/08):

Oh, wow. I tried this again after hitting a financial snag and didn't want to resort to BE. It dried out my skin, broke me out (which I never do!), and had a chalky, mask-like effect. No way would I repurchase. I've since switched to Everyday Minerals which is almost as inexpensive and is of far superior quality!

********************************************************************

I bought this recently as an alternative to Bare Escentuals. The coverage is a bit heavier than BE, which I prefer. It's also far cheaper (especially with a BOGO sale-- which equals about $7 each). The staying power is fairly good. My big problem is that there were only four (yes, FOUR!) shades from which to choose. (Purchased in-store and not online.) If you can find a shade to fit your skin tone, this would be recommended, but if not, stick with BE. Since it seems to be working for me, however, I will be repurchasing. continued >>

Very good coverage and staying power. Lasted all day. Also much nicer on the wallet than BE's mineral foundation. Unfortunately, I had to take off a lippie because the color selection is quite poor. They have perhaps 8 colors to choose from, if that, and their lightest shade was still too dark for me. Would not recommend for very fair ladies.

I used to be a die-hard BE fan, but I heard rumors that Ulta's mineral foundation was better, so I had to give it a try. I actually prefer it to BE. First off..it's cheaper. Second, I noticed that if my face would get hot or sweat while wearing BE, it would itch insanely. With Ulta's foundation, I haven't had that problem. And third, I like the coverage. BE was just too sheer for me. I really like the staying power of this stuff too, I can wear it all day...into the evening and not have to worry about it looking cakey on me.

If there is anyone out there trying to find a quality alternative to BE mineral foundation that is inexpensive--this is the product. I bought Fair 03 which is the same shade as Fairly Light. I use my BE concealer and foundation brush with these products--because I do love BE's brushes. Ulta's foundation gives waaaaayyy better coverage than BE and it has more staying power on your face. Also, I got the foundation for $7 on sale as opposed to the $25 I would have spent on a new container of BE. The packaging is also much more user friendly and doesn't create the mess that BE tends to make. Try it--you'll never go back to BE. Sorry Leslie!