Ulta Mineral Powder Foundation

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
Ulta Mineral Powder Foundation

3.3

Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride, Zinc Oxide, 2-Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Methylparaben, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Panax Ginseng Root Extract.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

so I bought this on sale at Ulta 2 for $12 which I thought was a great deal for the amount of product you get . well after trial and trial again I've come to the conclusion that this isn't for combo oily skin gals. it went on beautiful and had some great coverage compared to edm but it didn't hold up . after about 4 hours it was breaking up on my cheeks , chin , around my nose . I tried with a primer , without a primer, as a finishing powder. it just wouldn't hold up, it like smears and melts so where I placed my contour and blush started to look dirty and not as defined . packaging was really nice though! I would only use this for a day I need something quick when I'm not gonna do a full face but I wouldn't repurchase

on 3/12/2014 1:54:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Having used Bare Minerals in the past, I know what to expect. I really liked the coverage of this one better, and the color (Fair 05) was a perfect yellow-based shade for me. I didn't need any powder after, and it didn't look too matte, it has a healthy sheen to it. I even used it under my light concealer under my eyes with no creasing. I would repurchase even though I found the price a bit steep for a store brand.

on 11/19/2012 2:01:00 AM

I've used this foundation for awhile now, but am not 100% satisfied. I ended up getting the foundation for $5 when Ulta was having a sale. It's worth $5 to spend on foundation, but it does look cakey. I always have to smooth out my foundation after wearing it for even a short period of time. Because I have acne prone skin, I tend to have to do more than a light sweeping of the foundation which is also another reason for it looking cakey. If you are looking for a light coverage, I would recommend this powder, otherwise probably not. I do however like the price and is why I would continue to buy it (even if I have to smooth it out).

on 7/19/2012 10:28:00 PM

This product is is great on my sensitive skin. Coverage was light to medium however not very build able without lookin Cakey.

I definately feel like it makes me look older and not in a good way. My skin is nice and smooth and this foundation really dries me out.

I used nothing but bare minerals for a year and a half. Sick of spending an arm and a leg I tried out ulta minerals for a change. I am super happy and satisfied with their product, it's a definite dupe of bare minerals that lives up to it's claim. While the particles aren't as fine, it still has very good coverage. I like dusting this over my bb cream when I have a very long day ahead of me or want more coverage. The color fair 01 and fair 03 both fit me great. It's wise to use a powder brush for this one since my flat top kabuki can apply the product on too thick and make me look cakey.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I tried this mineral foundation in Fair 03, and found that to be too light for me. (I have fair skin, no real problems with breaking out, etc). I had bought a couple of the Fair 05 foundations when I bought the Fair 03, so I blended both colors together, until I ran out of the Fair 03, and used it up. The Fair 05 gives great coverage, and I usually catch it on sale. :) I work out a lot, and it does not sweat off, which is nice. :) I get a lot of compliments on my make up when I wear this.

on 12/1/2008 12:26:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Another favorite to add to my mineral foundation aresenal. I really liked this stuff. I found it easy to fine a shade, I chose Fair03, and it matched perfectly. This leans towards the dewy side, for sure, but not quite shiny, which is good. It's light, but the coverage is good. Does not settle into the lines. Sorta reminds me of Laura Mercier's. Good amount for the price. Doesn't have SPF, that I know of, which is a shame, but I would repurchase because I like the way it wears. UPDATE: Does not cake! Yay! I've touched this up 3 times today and it still looks light and fresh. I think it can have the tendency to slip off, but if it won't cake, I'm ok with touching up! UPDATE: This stuff makes me look FLAWLESS!!!

I'm so happy now that I've read these reviews! I've been breaking out like crazy ever since winter and I had no idea why. I've never had bad acne but all of a sudden I've been getting like TONS, on my cheeks which is where I'd never get it. I thought this Ulta brand was good for your skin, like BareMinerals, so I changed my skin-washing routine and started washing my makeup brushes, but didn't think to throw this stuff out! I'm so mad that I've spent months caking this stuff on, to hide the acne, that this stuff is CAUSING! This is going in the trash. I'm never buying it again.

on 5/9/2007 5:55:00 PM

Used the Fair 03 and color match was fine for me. At first, I thought this might be great--medium-full coverage (not matte but not overly shiny) without much fuss; decently cheap compared to other mineral products. I used the Ulta medium powder brush for application. However, by the end of the work day, my nose is super shiny/oily and while that is normally a problem for me, I half expect a powder to reduce that problem. The rest of my skin isn't looking much better texture-wise--sort of oily and splotchy; perhaps the powder just wears off? Oh well, worth a shot even for $12 but not a HG even though I like mineral makeup in general.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I just bought this because of the raves on MUA. I actually like it! It does covers well or better than BE. I use light in BE and i purchased fair 05 by Ulta. It's the perfect match for my skintone and there is only 4 shades! I want to try the mineral pressed powder too...anyone tried that yet?? O ya, i bought another foundation called the illuminating foundation w/ spf15, haven't tested that out yet but i got it from the buy one get one free deal. ***UPDATE - it made me break out =( i wanted to like this too!! **