Ulta Mineral Powder Foundation

Filtered by skin type : Combination age: 19-24
Ulta Mineral Powder Foundation

3.8

Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride, Zinc Oxide, 2-Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Methylparaben, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Panax Ginseng Root Extract.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

so I bought this on sale at Ulta 2 for $12 which I thought was a great deal for the amount of product you get . well after trial and trial again I've come to the conclusion that this isn't for combo oily skin gals. it went on beautiful and had some great coverage compared to edm but it didn't hold up . after about 4 hours it was breaking up on my cheeks , chin , around my nose . I tried with a primer , without a primer, as a finishing powder. it just wouldn't hold up, it like smears and melts so where I placed my contour and blush started to look dirty and not as defined . packaging was really nice though! I would only use this for a day I need something quick when I'm not gonna do a full face but I wouldn't repurchase

I used nothing but bare minerals for a year and a half. Sick of spending an arm and a leg I tried out ulta minerals for a change. I am super happy and satisfied with their product, it's a definite dupe of bare minerals that lives up to it's claim. While the particles aren't as fine, it still has very good coverage. I like dusting this over my bb cream when I have a very long day ahead of me or want more coverage. The color fair 01 and fair 03 both fit me great. It's wise to use a powder brush for this one since my flat top kabuki can apply the product on too thick and make me look cakey.

Edit (09/28/08):

Oh, wow. I tried this again after hitting a financial snag and didn't want to resort to BE. It dried out my skin, broke me out (which I never do!), and had a chalky, mask-like effect. No way would I repurchase. I've since switched to Everyday Minerals which is almost as inexpensive and is of far superior quality!

********************************************************************

I bought this recently as an alternative to Bare Escentuals. The coverage is a bit heavier than BE, which I prefer. It's also far cheaper (especially with a BOGO sale-- which equals about $7 each). The staying power is fairly good. My big problem is that there were only four (yes, FOUR!) shades from which to choose. (Purchased in-store and not online.) If you can find a shade to fit your skin tone, this would be recommended, but if not, stick with BE. Since it seems to be working for me, however, I will be repurchasing. continued >>

Very good coverage and staying power. Lasted all day. Also much nicer on the wallet than BE's mineral foundation. Unfortunately, I had to take off a lippie because the color selection is quite poor. They have perhaps 8 colors to choose from, if that, and their lightest shade was still too dark for me. Would not recommend for very fair ladies.

I used to be a die-hard BE fan, but I heard rumors that Ulta's mineral foundation was better, so I had to give it a try. I actually prefer it to BE. First off..it's cheaper. Second, I noticed that if my face would get hot or sweat while wearing BE, it would itch insanely. With Ulta's foundation, I haven't had that problem. And third, I like the coverage. BE was just too sheer for me. I really like the staying power of this stuff too, I can wear it all day...into the evening and not have to worry about it looking cakey on me.

If there is anyone out there trying to find a quality alternative to BE mineral foundation that is inexpensive--this is the product. I bought Fair 03 which is the same shade as Fairly Light. I use my BE concealer and foundation brush with these products--because I do love BE's brushes. Ulta's foundation gives waaaaayyy better coverage than BE and it has more staying power on your face. Also, I got the foundation for $7 on sale as opposed to the $25 I would have spent on a new container of BE. The packaging is also much more user friendly and doesn't create the mess that BE tends to make. Try it--you'll never go back to BE. Sorry Leslie!