ULTA Mineral Powder Foundation

Filtered by skin tone : Fair age: 19-24
ULTA Mineral Powder Foundation

3.0

Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride, Zinc Oxide, 2-Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Methylparaben, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Panax Ginseng Root Extract.

I really like using this to set the rest of my makeup. If I use it as my foundation it tends to look cakey, so just a light sweeping works nicely.
Its not my favorite for oil control, so I would not repurchase. I also do not like the packaging, or mineral makeup much in general as it is messy.

on 1/11/2011 9:39:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I didn't break out from using this foundation like others said they did, but neither of the shades I bought worked for me. First, I tried Fair 05 and it was much too dark and orange-y. Then I tried Fair 03, which was better, but almost too light. I think there need to be many more tone selections. I'll stick to Urban Decay foundation from now on. I usually love Ulta's products, but this is not one of them.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I do not like hardly anything about this product.
It looks cakey and makes me look washed out with this odd blue-pink undertone which I still haven't gotten to the bottom of.
If you have any areas on your ace that are dry you might as well forget about wearing this because it will only worsen the look of the dry area.
I have freckles and I love them , so I don't like to cover them up, and this foundation just won't allow me to control the amount of coverage I would like which only adds to the cakey look of the product.
I rarely EVER get any sort of pimple on my face ever yet within the first few days of wearing this foundation I started breaking out all over my forehead area, I still have some of the bumps after not using this product for over three months now.
The ONLY thing I like about this foundation is the fact that I can use it as concealer under my eyes for the dark circles I get sometimes.
But that is it.
And for 14?
No thanks, I'll get a good concealer do that for me.
Honestly though, I am so over mineral foundation all together.
It's messy and inconvienant and overrated.
I would not reccomend this to anyone, because basically it sucks major ass.
In fact, everytime I even think about using this product the first words that come to my mind are yuck, and never again.

I didn't like this foundation. My face got cyctic acne. Very painful! Probably because Bismuth Oxychloride is the number 1 ingredient. It is known to cause acne. It also made my face shiny and my pores look larger. It also contains methylparaben. Parabens in my makeup, no thankyou. I should have paid attention to the label.

Bought this in Fair 03 as part of the starter set that comes with the finishing powder, blush, and kabuki. I was worried as I was putting it on that it was too yellow for my skin, but fortunately once I got it all on I realized that it blended in perfectly. Turns out I was using foundation that was too light for me. Before I had to use a bronzer to get a look that wasn't terribly pale, but now my skin looks great. I am very pleased with the quality of this foundation and the other products in the kit for the price. I find it comparable, even better than, BE for a fraction of the price. Better coverage than BE, stayed on all night, and didn't settle into pores or get oily. If you have problems with your nose getting oily after a few hours, definitely buy the finishing powder.

Edit (09/28/08):

Oh, wow. I tried this again after hitting a financial snag and didn't want to resort to BE. It dried out my skin, broke me out (which I never do!), and had a chalky, mask-like effect. No way would I repurchase. I've since switched to Everyday Minerals which is almost as inexpensive and is of far superior quality!

********************************************************************

I bought this recently as an alternative to Bare Escentuals. The coverage is a bit heavier than BE, which I prefer. It's also far cheaper (especially with a BOGO sale-- which equals about $7 each). The staying power is fairly good. My big problem is that there were only four (yes, FOUR!) shades from which to choose. (Purchased in-store and not online.) If you can find a shade to fit your skin tone, this would be recommended, but if not, stick with BE. Since it seems to be working for me, however, I will be repurchasing. continued >>

on 11/8/2006 10:28:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This stuff is wonderful! I have sever acne so just about all makeup causes me problems. That being said I switches to mineral make up. I tried BE- not enough converage. Pur Minerals worked okay but didn't last and felt like a mask. This stuff covers best out of all three and its cheap. My sever acne was hardly noticeable under this stuff and it lasted for hours. Later in the night though, you do have to remove it and apply freash layer or it looks chalky. ( myabe just me cause I used alot of it and have really dry skin from acne products) The first thing I was woried about when buying a powder was the idea the lid would come off and leave powder all in my purse. No such problem with this. The lid never comes off till you take it off. The best news of all! It didn't make me brake out more like Pur Minerals did. If anything, my acne is actually clearing up after about two month of using this stuff. I love it and will buy again!

Very good coverage and staying power. Lasted all day. Also much nicer on the wallet than BE's mineral foundation. Unfortunately, I had to take off a lippie because the color selection is quite poor. They have perhaps 8 colors to choose from, if that, and their lightest shade was still too dark for me. Would not recommend for very fair ladies.