Ulta Mineral Powder Foundation

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
Ulta Mineral Powder Foundation

3.0

Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride, Zinc Oxide, 2-Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Methylparaben, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Panax Ginseng Root Extract.

on 3/2/2016 8:49:00 PM

I bought this in an attempt to find a replacement for my Mary Kay mineral powder foundation, since my consultant has quit (and I got tired of waiting weeks for it to come in on an order). It's a rather huge failure for me, and I wanted so badly to like it. It has a little extra coverage, which isn't necessarily what I want or need, but it doesn't last long at all. Within a few hours, it looks like a cakey/oily disaster, even with a primer....and it exacerbates the appearance of pores. I didn't even know that I had large pores until I put this stuff on my face. It's also way too masklike for me. I simply want to enhance my skin's natural appearance a bit, not cover it up entirely. I'm definitely going back to Mary Kay. It may be a little harder to get, but it's so much better than anything else I've tried.

on 9/14/2014 1:56:00 AM

This is a review of Ulta's Mineral Foundation in Warm 1 (I'm NC15). I have well-controlled rosacea, but I still have lots of redness and oily skin, especially on my nose. My goal with a foundation is to bring me up to a "normal" skin, not an airbrushed kabuki face. I just want to look healthy, not made up.

With that in mind, literally every foundation I have tried either looks like crap immediately or falls apart within an hour no matter how light or heavy I apply. I've had horrible luck with MMU because it simply does not last on my nose at all. However, MMU seems to look best on me even though it barely lasts beyond the bathroom. Not loosing all hope, I bought this MMU along with Ulta's Flawless Primer (a green-based primer), and I think I've found something that works. I've been using this MMU with and without the primer, and I have to say I'm a bit stunned that it lasts for about 3-4 hours before a touch-up. I'm on the fence as to whether the primer is helping or not as far as longevity (it helps ever so slightly in reducing redness, almost negligible IMO). The finish is satin, no glittery shit or chalkiness. I'm still working with it, but so far I'm happy and impressed. Plus the price isn't outrageous.

on 7/16/2014 11:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I got this foundation for $5 on sale.

It didn't control oil as well as Everyday Minerals but covered much better.

The color did oxidize a little bit but most foundation do this on my skin as I am quite oily. However, this was very slight. The texture and coverage are great and it is very easy to apply/blend.

When wearing to work, I have to touch up a couple of times during the day due to my oily skin but it was not as bad as MANY others I have tried.

I have very very fine lines under my eyes. Generally I would say they are invisible unless I have caked on make up, followed up with too much powder, let it sit and get oily for a few hours than apply more foundation on top. In other words lines around my eyes are not usually a problem for me.

Well, this foundation has a slightly sparkly additive that made every little line noticeable. Still, I like the product well enough that I would simply use something else under my eyes and continue to use the Ulta mineral foundation on the rest of my face.

It made the skin on the rest of my face look incredible. So, for the $5 it is a bargain!

No problems with the foundation itself as far as coverage or color goes. Was looking for an inexpensive replacement for my PurMinerals foundation, didn't like the price of BareMinerals, their colors are all too yellow or too light, and they made me break out after a couple uses, and sadly, so does the Ulta. I can wear it every other day if I switch out with my PurMinerals foundation, but if I wear the Ulta more than two days in a row, I start getting gigantic, painful pimples. Like the horrific kind I haven't had since I was sixteen, and went on Accutane for...so yeah. Sorry Ulta, I really wanted this to work, but I won't buy this again. For the price, it's worth a shot if you don't have super-sensitive skin. However, I do. If you do have sensitive skin: AVOID. :(

on 3/27/2012 4:13:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I really like this powder foundation! I use it on days that I don't have time to do my whole make-up routine and I'm impressed with the coverage and lasting power. It's a nice sheer to medium coverage and seems to last the whole work day.

I've tried using this to set my liquid foundation and as long as I use a little, it works fine. If I use too much, I get a much fuller coverage that I don't like. Really, the only minus is that it can get messy/product is lost easily since it's a loose powder. However, I will repurchase because the price and quality is worth the messiness!

I really like using this to set the rest of my makeup. If I use it as my foundation it tends to look cakey, so just a light sweeping works nicely.
Its not my favorite for oil control, so I would not repurchase. I also do not like the packaging, or mineral makeup much in general as it is messy.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I purchased the pressed version of this is Shade 03 because it was on sale for $2.99. It's a little dark for me, but I think that I could use it in the summer when my skintone darkens a bit.
It's a decent mineral foundation - a little powder, so you have to be careful, but it's definitely full coverage and usually I don't even have to wear concealer underneath it (and I have acne). I don't use the sponge, however, because I find it's just horrible.
Hasn't broken me out... yet. :)

on 1/12/2011 8:08:00 PM

Ugh. I have the pressed version of this. I usually use Palladio powder foundation but Ulta was out of my shade(as usual they were out of something I need). This was out on display so I figured I'd try it. It was about $12 and I had a coupon for $3.50 off. First off, the sponge you get with it sucks. The foundation itself is cakey and tends to seperate and look terrible quickly. My face got greasy. I can't recommend it.

on 1/11/2011 9:39:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I didn't break out from using this foundation like others said they did, but neither of the shades I bought worked for me. First, I tried Fair 05 and it was much too dark and orange-y. Then I tried Fair 03, which was better, but almost too light. I think there need to be many more tone selections. I'll stick to Urban Decay foundation from now on. I usually love Ulta's products, but this is not one of them.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I do not like hardly anything about this product.
It looks cakey and makes me look washed out with this odd blue-pink undertone which I still haven't gotten to the bottom of.
If you have any areas on your ace that are dry you might as well forget about wearing this because it will only worsen the look of the dry area.
I have freckles and I love them , so I don't like to cover them up, and this foundation just won't allow me to control the amount of coverage I would like which only adds to the cakey look of the product.
I rarely EVER get any sort of pimple on my face ever yet within the first few days of wearing this foundation I started breaking out all over my forehead area, I still have some of the bumps after not using this product for over three months now.
The ONLY thing I like about this foundation is the fact that I can use it as concealer under my eyes for the dark circles I get sometimes.
But that is it.
And for 14?
No thanks, I'll get a good concealer do that for me.
Honestly though, I am so over mineral foundation all together.
It's messy and inconvienant and overrated.
I would not reccomend this to anyone, because basically it sucks major ass.
In fact, everytime I even think about using this product the first words that come to my mind are yuck, and never again.