ULTA Mineral Powder Foundation

Filtered by age: 19-24
ULTA Mineral Powder Foundation

3.1

Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride, Zinc Oxide, 2-Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Methylparaben, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Panax Ginseng Root Extract.

Bought this in Fair 03 as part of the starter set that comes with the finishing powder, blush, and kabuki. I was worried as I was putting it on that it was too yellow for my skin, but fortunately once I got it all on I realized that it blended in perfectly. Turns out I was using foundation that was too light for me. Before I had to use a bronzer to get a look that wasn't terribly pale, but now my skin looks great. I am very pleased with the quality of this foundation and the other products in the kit for the price. I find it comparable, even better than, BE for a fraction of the price. Better coverage than BE, stayed on all night, and didn't settle into pores or get oily. If you have problems with your nose getting oily after a few hours, definitely buy the finishing powder.

on 11/26/2006 8:28:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I loved this product because it goes on so smoothly and stays on. I have dry skin and it works well for me. I can't believe how inexpensive it is for the quality it has. I would recommend this product highly.

on 11/8/2006 10:28:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This stuff is wonderful! I have sever acne so just about all makeup causes me problems. That being said I switches to mineral make up. I tried BE- not enough converage. Pur Minerals worked okay but didn't last and felt like a mask. This stuff covers best out of all three and its cheap. My sever acne was hardly noticeable under this stuff and it lasted for hours. Later in the night though, you do have to remove it and apply freash layer or it looks chalky. ( myabe just me cause I used alot of it and have really dry skin from acne products) The first thing I was woried about when buying a powder was the idea the lid would come off and leave powder all in my purse. No such problem with this. The lid never comes off till you take it off. The best news of all! It didn't make me brake out more like Pur Minerals did. If anything, my acne is actually clearing up after about two month of using this stuff. I love it and will buy again!

I used to be a die-hard BE fan, but I heard rumors that Ulta's mineral foundation was better, so I had to give it a try. I actually prefer it to BE. First off..it's cheaper. Second, I noticed that if my face would get hot or sweat while wearing BE, it would itch insanely. With Ulta's foundation, I haven't had that problem. And third, I like the coverage. BE was just too sheer for me. I really like the staying power of this stuff too, I can wear it all day...into the evening and not have to worry about it looking cakey on me.

If there is anyone out there trying to find a quality alternative to BE mineral foundation that is inexpensive--this is the product. I bought Fair 03 which is the same shade as Fairly Light. I use my BE concealer and foundation brush with these products--because I do love BE's brushes. Ulta's foundation gives waaaaayyy better coverage than BE and it has more staying power on your face. Also, I got the foundation for $7 on sale as opposed to the $25 I would have spent on a new container of BE. The packaging is also much more user friendly and doesn't create the mess that BE tends to make. Try it--you'll never go back to BE. Sorry Leslie!

I used nothing but bare minerals for a year and a half. Sick of spending an arm and a leg I tried out ulta minerals for a change. I am super happy and satisfied with their product, it's a definite dupe of bare minerals that lives up to it's claim. While the particles aren't as fine, it still has very good coverage. I like dusting this over my bb cream when I have a very long day ahead of me or want more coverage. The color fair 01 and fair 03 both fit me great. It's wise to use a powder brush for this one since my flat top kabuki can apply the product on too thick and make me look cakey.

I really like using this to set the rest of my makeup. If I use it as my foundation it tends to look cakey, so just a light sweeping works nicely.
Its not my favorite for oil control, so I would not repurchase. I also do not like the packaging, or mineral makeup much in general as it is messy.

Very good coverage and staying power. Lasted all day. Also much nicer on the wallet than BE's mineral foundation. Unfortunately, I had to take off a lippie because the color selection is quite poor. They have perhaps 8 colors to choose from, if that, and their lightest shade was still too dark for me. Would not recommend for very fair ladies.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

so I bought this on sale at Ulta 2 for $12 which I thought was a great deal for the amount of product you get . well after trial and trial again I've come to the conclusion that this isn't for combo oily skin gals. it went on beautiful and had some great coverage compared to edm but it didn't hold up . after about 4 hours it was breaking up on my cheeks , chin , around my nose . I tried with a primer , without a primer, as a finishing powder. it just wouldn't hold up, it like smears and melts so where I placed my contour and blush started to look dirty and not as defined . packaging was really nice though! I would only use this for a day I need something quick when I'm not gonna do a full face but I wouldn't repurchase

on 7/19/2012 10:28:00 PM

This product is is great on my sensitive skin. Coverage was light to medium however not very build able without lookin Cakey.

I definately feel like it makes me look older and not in a good way. My skin is nice and smooth and this foundation really dries me out.