Ulta Mineral Powder Foundation

Ulta Mineral Powder Foundation

3.2

Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride, Zinc Oxide, 2-Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Methylparaben, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Panax Ginseng Root Extract.

If there is anyone out there trying to find a quality alternative to BE mineral foundation that is inexpensive--this is the product. I bought Fair 03 which is the same shade as Fairly Light. I use my BE concealer and foundation brush with these products--because I do love BE's brushes. Ulta's foundation gives waaaaayyy better coverage than BE and it has more staying power on your face. Also, I got the foundation for $7 on sale as opposed to the $25 I would have spent on a new container of BE. The packaging is also much more user friendly and doesn't create the mess that BE tends to make. Try it--you'll never go back to BE. Sorry Leslie!

on 8/11/2006 2:50:00 PM

This was such a find! I used BE until I discover this. I tired the L'Oreal one, and hated it.. it looked like pebbles, not powder, and package sucked. Liked Neutrogena package, but colors no good for me, and can't get even coverage. But this Ulta one was AMAZING! I think looks better than BE and I got it when Ulta had buy one get one free sale, so 2 for $7!! That was my big thing with BE was cost and a bit shiny.. this beats BE on both counts.

on 8/14/2006 8:52:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is a GREAT foundation! I also used BE and decided to try Ulta when they recently had a 50% off sale. I figured for $7 ($14 reg. price) it was worth a try. It has the BEST coverage. Also, I live in a very humid climate and I'm amazed how long it lasts. Most foundations tend to be worn off by the end of the day but not this one.

I used to be a die-hard BE fan, but I heard rumors that Ulta's mineral foundation was better, so I had to give it a try. I actually prefer it to BE. First off..it's cheaper. Second, I noticed that if my face would get hot or sweat while wearing BE, it would itch insanely. With Ulta's foundation, I haven't had that problem. And third, I like the coverage. BE was just too sheer for me. I really like the staying power of this stuff too, I can wear it all day...into the evening and not have to worry about it looking cakey on me.

Very good coverage and staying power. Lasted all day. Also much nicer on the wallet than BE's mineral foundation. Unfortunately, I had to take off a lippie because the color selection is quite poor. They have perhaps 8 colors to choose from, if that, and their lightest shade was still too dark for me. Would not recommend for very fair ladies.

on 10/29/2006 7:39:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I paid $10 for this Ulta mineral foundation. I didn't like it and just returned today. It was as bad as BE, clogged pores and enlarged them. I had fair 03 and I felt like I had a mask. Besides, I got 3 zits! A lot of ingredients... be careful if you have sensitive skin. So far, I like Everyday Minerals, which has only four ingredients and the price is not that bad. The downside is it's available on-line only.

on 11/8/2006 10:28:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This stuff is wonderful! I have sever acne so just about all makeup causes me problems. That being said I switches to mineral make up. I tried BE- not enough converage. Pur Minerals worked okay but didn't last and felt like a mask. This stuff covers best out of all three and its cheap. My sever acne was hardly noticeable under this stuff and it lasted for hours. Later in the night though, you do have to remove it and apply freash layer or it looks chalky. ( myabe just me cause I used alot of it and have really dry skin from acne products) The first thing I was woried about when buying a powder was the idea the lid would come off and leave powder all in my purse. No such problem with this. The lid never comes off till you take it off. The best news of all! It didn't make me brake out more like Pur Minerals did. If anything, my acne is actually clearing up after about two month of using this stuff. I love it and will buy again!

on 11/25/2006 12:23:00 AM

This is the first mineral foundation I have ever tried. So far so good. No break out!!!My skin is super sensitive, so if this works for me, then it can work for anyone. It gives you a very natural finish, and last quite long, but you must not over apply it. I pour out some foundation from the jar to the lid, and use a kabuki brush dab on the powder, take some excess off, then apply in circular motion all over my face.I only put moisturizer when my skin feels dry, other wise it is not necessary to put on moisturizer prior to applying the powder. If it ever looks cakey, use the makeup sponge to pat all over your face. Hope this help.

on 11/26/2006 8:28:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I loved this product because it goes on so smoothly and stays on. I have dry skin and it works well for me. I can't believe how inexpensive it is for the quality it has. I would recommend this product highly.

Edit (09/28/08):

Oh, wow. I tried this again after hitting a financial snag and didn't want to resort to BE. It dried out my skin, broke me out (which I never do!), and had a chalky, mask-like effect. No way would I repurchase. I've since switched to Everyday Minerals which is almost as inexpensive and is of far superior quality!

********************************************************************

I bought this recently as an alternative to Bare Escentuals. The coverage is a bit heavier than BE, which I prefer. It's also far cheaper (especially with a BOGO sale-- which equals about $7 each). The staying power is fairly good. My big problem is that there were only four (yes, FOUR!) shades from which to choose. (Purchased in-store and not online.) If you can find a shade to fit your skin tone, this would be recommended, but if not, stick with BE. Since it seems to be working for me, however, I will be repurchasing. continued >>