Ulta Mineral Powder Foundation

Ulta Mineral Powder Foundation

3.2

on 3/2/2016 8:49:00 PM

I bought this in an attempt to find a replacement for my Mary Kay mineral powder foundation, since my consultant has quit (and I got tired of waiting weeks for it to come in on an order). It's a rather huge failure for me, and I wanted so badly to like it. It has a little extra coverage, which isn't necessarily what I want or need, but it doesn't last long at all. Within a few hours, it looks like a cakey/oily disaster, even with a primer....and it exacerbates the appearance of pores. I didn't even know that I had large pores until I put this stuff on my face. It's also way too masklike for me. I simply want to enhance my skin's natural appearance a bit, not cover it up entirely. I'm definitely going back to Mary Kay. It may be a little harder to get, but it's so much better than anything else I've tried.

on 9/14/2014 1:56:00 AM

This is a review of Ulta's Mineral Foundation in Warm 1 (I'm NC15). I have well-controlled rosacea, but I still have lots of redness and oily skin, especially on my nose. My goal with a foundation is to bring me up to a "normal" skin, not an airbrushed kabuki face. I just want to look healthy, not made up.

With that in mind, literally every foundation I have tried either looks like crap immediately or falls apart within an hour no matter how light or heavy I apply. I've had horrible luck with MMU because it simply does not last on my nose at all. However, MMU seems to look best on me even though it barely lasts beyond the bathroom. Not loosing all hope, I bought this MMU along with Ulta's Flawless Primer (a green-based primer), and I think I've found something that works. I've been using this MMU with and without the primer, and I have to say I'm a bit stunned that it lasts for about 3-4 hours before a touch-up. I'm on the fence as to whether the primer is helping or not as far as longevity (it helps ever so slightly in reducing redness, almost negligible IMO). The finish is satin, no glittery shit or chalkiness. I'm still working with it, but so far I'm happy and impressed. Plus the price isn't outrageous.

To Read all 46 Reviews, Login or Join

on 7/16/2014 11:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I got this foundation for $5 on sale.

It didn't control oil as well as Everyday Minerals but covered much better.

The color did oxidize a little bit but most foundation do this on my skin as I am quite oily. However, this was very slight. The texture and coverage are great and it is very easy to apply/blend.

When wearing to work, I have to touch up a couple of times during the day due to my oily skin but it was not as bad as MANY others I have tried.

I have very very fine lines under my eyes. Generally I would say they are invisible unless I have caked on make up, followed up with too much powder, let it sit and get oily for a few hours than apply more foundation on top. In other words lines around my eyes are not usually a problem for me.

Well, this foundation has a slightly sparkly additive that made every little line noticeable. Still, I like the product well enough that I would simply use something else under my eyes and continue to use the Ulta mineral foundation on the rest of my face.

It made the skin on the rest of my face look incredible. So, for the $5 it is a bargain!

on 3/12/2014 1:54:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Having used Bare Minerals in the past, I know what to expect. I really liked the coverage of this one better, and the color (Fair 05) was a perfect yellow-based shade for me. I didn't need any powder after, and it didn't look too matte, it has a healthy sheen to it. I even used it under my light concealer under my eyes with no creasing. I would repurchase even though I found the price a bit steep for a store brand.

on 11/19/2012 2:01:00 AM

I've used this foundation for awhile now, but am not 100% satisfied. I ended up getting the foundation for $5 when Ulta was having a sale. It's worth $5 to spend on foundation, but it does look cakey. I always have to smooth out my foundation after wearing it for even a short period of time. Because I have acne prone skin, I tend to have to do more than a light sweeping of the foundation which is also another reason for it looking cakey. If you are looking for a light coverage, I would recommend this powder, otherwise probably not. I do however like the price and is why I would continue to buy it (even if I have to smooth it out).

No problems with the foundation itself as far as coverage or color goes. Was looking for an inexpensive replacement for my PurMinerals foundation, didn't like the price of BareMinerals, their colors are all too yellow or too light, and they made me break out after a couple uses, and sadly, so does the Ulta. I can wear it every other day if I switch out with my PurMinerals foundation, but if I wear the Ulta more than two days in a row, I start getting gigantic, painful pimples. Like the horrific kind I haven't had since I was sixteen, and went on Accutane for...so yeah. Sorry Ulta, I really wanted this to work, but I won't buy this again. For the price, it's worth a shot if you don't have super-sensitive skin. However, I do. If you do have sensitive skin: AVOID. :(

on 7/19/2012 10:28:00 PM

This product is is great on my sensitive skin. Coverage was light to medium however not very build able without lookin Cakey.

I definately feel like it makes me look older and not in a good way. My skin is nice and smooth and this foundation really dries me out.

on 3/27/2012 4:13:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I really like this powder foundation! I use it on days that I don't have time to do my whole make-up routine and I'm impressed with the coverage and lasting power. It's a nice sheer to medium coverage and seems to last the whole work day.

I've tried using this to set my liquid foundation and as long as I use a little, it works fine. If I use too much, I get a much fuller coverage that I don't like. Really, the only minus is that it can get messy/product is lost easily since it's a loose powder. However, I will repurchase because the price and quality is worth the messiness!

I used nothing but bare minerals for a year and a half. Sick of spending an arm and a leg I tried out ulta minerals for a change. I am super happy and satisfied with their product, it's a definite dupe of bare minerals that lives up to it's claim. While the particles aren't as fine, it still has very good coverage. I like dusting this over my bb cream when I have a very long day ahead of me or want more coverage. The color fair 01 and fair 03 both fit me great. It's wise to use a powder brush for this one since my flat top kabuki can apply the product on too thick and make me look cakey.

I really like using this to set the rest of my makeup. If I use it as my foundation it tends to look cakey, so just a light sweeping works nicely.
Its not my favorite for oil control, so I would not repurchase. I also do not like the packaging, or mineral makeup much in general as it is messy.