Ulta Mineral Powder Foundation

Filtered by age: 44-55
Ulta Mineral Powder Foundation

3.8

Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride, Zinc Oxide, 2-Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Methylparaben, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Panax Ginseng Root Extract.

on 9/14/2014 1:56:00 AM

This is a review of Ulta's Mineral Foundation in Warm 1 (I'm NC15). I have well-controlled rosacea, but I still have lots of redness and oily skin, especially on my nose. My goal with a foundation is to bring me up to a "normal" skin, not an airbrushed kabuki face. I just want to look healthy, not made up.

With that in mind, literally every foundation I have tried either looks like crap immediately or falls apart within an hour no matter how light or heavy I apply. I've had horrible luck with MMU because it simply does not last on my nose at all. However, MMU seems to look best on me even though it barely lasts beyond the bathroom. Not loosing all hope, I bought this MMU along with Ulta's Flawless Primer (a green-based primer), and I think I've found something that works. I've been using this MMU with and without the primer, and I have to say I'm a bit stunned that it lasts for about 3-4 hours before a touch-up. I'm on the fence as to whether the primer is helping or not as far as longevity (it helps ever so slightly in reducing redness, almost negligible IMO). The finish is satin, no glittery shit or chalkiness. I'm still working with it, but so far I'm happy and impressed. Plus the price isn't outrageous.

on 7/16/2014 11:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I got this foundation for $5 on sale.

It didn't control oil as well as Everyday Minerals but covered much better.

The color did oxidize a little bit but most foundation do this on my skin as I am quite oily. However, this was very slight. The texture and coverage are great and it is very easy to apply/blend.

When wearing to work, I have to touch up a couple of times during the day due to my oily skin but it was not as bad as MANY others I have tried.

I have very very fine lines under my eyes. Generally I would say they are invisible unless I have caked on make up, followed up with too much powder, let it sit and get oily for a few hours than apply more foundation on top. In other words lines around my eyes are not usually a problem for me.

Well, this foundation has a slightly sparkly additive that made every little line noticeable. Still, I like the product well enough that I would simply use something else under my eyes and continue to use the Ulta mineral foundation on the rest of my face.

It made the skin on the rest of my face look incredible. So, for the $5 it is a bargain!

on 3/12/2014 1:54:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Having used Bare Minerals in the past, I know what to expect. I really liked the coverage of this one better, and the color (Fair 05) was a perfect yellow-based shade for me. I didn't need any powder after, and it didn't look too matte, it has a healthy sheen to it. I even used it under my light concealer under my eyes with no creasing. I would repurchase even though I found the price a bit steep for a store brand.

This Mineral makeup made me break out bad!! I thought mineral makeup was supposed to be good for your skin??! But i realize what a mistake i had made when i read the ingredients list and saw 9 CHEMICALIZED ingredients, i knew why i had broken out>..With that said it also had a very shimmery AND cakey apperance, both of which i dont like. Now i am EDM(everyday minerals) user and i LOVE their products. The foudations contain only 3 ingredients so they dont clog my pores and they look very natural. Their face colors, eyeshadows, and amazingly soft makeup brushes are also amazing!!

I've tried mineral powder foundations from BE, PUR, Amazing, Physician's Formula, and Arbonne. This is the only one that has worked for my slightly oily, sensitive skin. This goes on in the morning and can go all day without a touch-up and no oily breakthrough! I bought this is Fair 03 as part of a kit which includes a great blush. I've been to Ulta stores in the Phoenix area to try to replace it and no one has it in stock. I believe it is called Lotus. Beautiful color on fair skin.