Ulta Mineral Powder Foundation

Filtered by age: 30-35
Ulta Mineral Powder Foundation

3.0

Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride, Zinc Oxide, 2-Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Methylparaben, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Panax Ginseng Root Extract.

on 3/2/2016 8:49:00 PM

I bought this in an attempt to find a replacement for my Mary Kay mineral powder foundation, since my consultant has quit (and I got tired of waiting weeks for it to come in on an order). It's a rather huge failure for me, and I wanted so badly to like it. It has a little extra coverage, which isn't necessarily what I want or need, but it doesn't last long at all. Within a few hours, it looks like a cakey/oily disaster, even with a primer....and it exacerbates the appearance of pores. I didn't even know that I had large pores until I put this stuff on my face. It's also way too masklike for me. I simply want to enhance my skin's natural appearance a bit, not cover it up entirely. I'm definitely going back to Mary Kay. It may be a little harder to get, but it's so much better than anything else I've tried.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I tried this mineral foundation in Fair 03, and found that to be too light for me. (I have fair skin, no real problems with breaking out, etc). I had bought a couple of the Fair 05 foundations when I bought the Fair 03, so I blended both colors together, until I ran out of the Fair 03, and used it up. The Fair 05 gives great coverage, and I usually catch it on sale. :) I work out a lot, and it does not sweat off, which is nice. :) I get a lot of compliments on my make up when I wear this.

on 10/19/2007 10:52:00 AM

I agree with the pros and con reviews of this product...I think the key as someone said is to use a brush (not the sponge) to get good coverage without caking. If you use the sponge, go light handed...this product covers VERY WELL but you can easily use too much, which I did the first time. After trying again, but this time using my kabuki brush from BE, product still covered without settling into pores. Also, if you're flaky, you should use a light moisturizer to keep product smooth.

I love that it comes in a compact with no powder mess, so it travels well in your purse.

I paid full price this time, but next time will take advantage of the special to get an extra for my makeup bag & purse.

on 5/9/2007 5:55:00 PM

Used the Fair 03 and color match was fine for me. At first, I thought this might be great--medium-full coverage (not matte but not overly shiny) without much fuss; decently cheap compared to other mineral products. I used the Ulta medium powder brush for application. However, by the end of the work day, my nose is super shiny/oily and while that is normally a problem for me, I half expect a powder to reduce that problem. The rest of my skin isn't looking much better texture-wise--sort of oily and splotchy; perhaps the powder just wears off? Oh well, worth a shot even for $12 but not a HG even though I like mineral makeup in general.

Normally I use Everyday Minerals, but decided to try this one day while playing in Ulta. UGH. The color "choices" are severely limited, with their lightest shade still being a tad too dark for me in the dead of winter. That being said, the coverage offered is OK, however it does not last more than 3 hours on my dry to oily combo skin, it magnifies my pores (which are NOT that big normally) AND caused my skin to break out ALL OVER, including on my cheeks which is a rarity. I also found it to have a funky sheen to it that makes me look oily, unless I put a TON of finishing powder over it, which just makes it look chalky. Save your money, it's not even worth risking your skin for a B1G1 offer.

on 10/29/2006 7:39:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I paid $10 for this Ulta mineral foundation. I didn't like it and just returned today. It was as bad as BE, clogged pores and enlarged them. I had fair 03 and I felt like I had a mask. Besides, I got 3 zits! A lot of ingredients... be careful if you have sensitive skin. So far, I like Everyday Minerals, which has only four ingredients and the price is not that bad. The downside is it's available on-line only.

on 8/11/2006 2:50:00 PM

This was such a find! I used BE until I discover this. I tired the L'Oreal one, and hated it.. it looked like pebbles, not powder, and package sucked. Liked Neutrogena package, but colors no good for me, and can't get even coverage. But this Ulta one was AMAZING! I think looks better than BE and I got it when Ulta had buy one get one free sale, so 2 for $7!! That was my big thing with BE was cost and a bit shiny.. this beats BE on both counts.