Ulta Mineral Powder Foundation

Filtered by age: 25-29
Ulta Mineral Powder Foundation

3.2

Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride, Zinc Oxide, 2-Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Methylparaben, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Panax Ginseng Root Extract.

on 11/19/2012 2:01:00 AM

I've used this foundation for awhile now, but am not 100% satisfied. I ended up getting the foundation for $5 when Ulta was having a sale. It's worth $5 to spend on foundation, but it does look cakey. I always have to smooth out my foundation after wearing it for even a short period of time. Because I have acne prone skin, I tend to have to do more than a light sweeping of the foundation which is also another reason for it looking cakey. If you are looking for a light coverage, I would recommend this powder, otherwise probably not. I do however like the price and is why I would continue to buy it (even if I have to smooth it out).

No problems with the foundation itself as far as coverage or color goes. Was looking for an inexpensive replacement for my PurMinerals foundation, didn't like the price of BareMinerals, their colors are all too yellow or too light, and they made me break out after a couple uses, and sadly, so does the Ulta. I can wear it every other day if I switch out with my PurMinerals foundation, but if I wear the Ulta more than two days in a row, I start getting gigantic, painful pimples. Like the horrific kind I haven't had since I was sixteen, and went on Accutane for...so yeah. Sorry Ulta, I really wanted this to work, but I won't buy this again. For the price, it's worth a shot if you don't have super-sensitive skin. However, I do. If you do have sensitive skin: AVOID. :(

on 3/17/2009 2:46:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I love the foundation and it has come to be my HG. I actually love the mineral veil and wear a light dusting nearly daily. I don't wear the foundation all the time but the medium 3-5 is usually a perfect match for me when Ive been tanning (which is usually most of the year) and it hasn't ever seemed to break me out, contrary to many of the reviews I have read. The containers last me a pretty long time too. The price is also great for what I feel is a quality mineral product, not to mention Ulta runs great deals frequently on their line of cosmetics! I used their liquid foundation for years before finding this and now i will never go back!

on 12/1/2008 12:26:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Another favorite to add to my mineral foundation aresenal. I really liked this stuff. I found it easy to fine a shade, I chose Fair03, and it matched perfectly. This leans towards the dewy side, for sure, but not quite shiny, which is good. It's light, but the coverage is good. Does not settle into the lines. Sorta reminds me of Laura Mercier's. Good amount for the price. Doesn't have SPF, that I know of, which is a shame, but I would repurchase because I like the way it wears. UPDATE: Does not cake! Yay! I've touched this up 3 times today and it still looks light and fresh. I think it can have the tendency to slip off, but if it won't cake, I'm ok with touching up! UPDATE: This stuff makes me look FLAWLESS!!!

on 11/11/2007 9:19:00 PM

This product made my face break out EVERYWHERE! I rarely get a zit, and overnight my face broke out in small pimples on my forehead, cheeks and side of face. I just got this product two days ago so it was the only thing that I changed in my routine. I am taking this back to the store for a refund.

on 9/5/2007 12:15:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

Ugh. I have this in the pressed powder version, in the lightest shade. It gets all cakey and splotchy on my skin very quickly. All the powder seems to kind of congeal in certain spots on my skin, so it looks like I have big ghost white patches here and there. It's so gross. At first I thought I would like it, because it seemed to have more coverage than most mineral foundations, but more coverage is not worth what it looks like. I don't know what kind of skin it would be good for, either, because it seems to emphasize oily patches as well as dry patches. I hope ULTA returns this for me.

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

Very chalky! I returned this to the store and got my money back!

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This stuff sucks! It's got 4-color choices, they are ALL too dark, and orangey. I put it on the back of my hand and it's just so freaking cakey looking and itchy to boot. It's too bad Ulta didn't really try with this product. This deserves a BIG thumb down.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I really do love the coverage of the mineral foundation. I never tried BE or any others due to the insane prices so I can't give a comparison. I also got the BOGO offer (bought the foundation and an eye shadow for free), a mineral kit on sale for 14.99 and (2 brushes, finishing powder & two eye shadows) & used a coupon for 3.50 off any purchase. So overall I got a really great deal. I'm still not a fan of how the powder gets on my counter though!! It's worth all the compliments.

on 11/25/2006 12:23:00 AM

This is the first mineral foundation I have ever tried. So far so good. No break out!!!My skin is super sensitive, so if this works for me, then it can work for anyone. It gives you a very natural finish, and last quite long, but you must not over apply it. I pour out some foundation from the jar to the lid, and use a kabuki brush dab on the powder, take some excess off, then apply in circular motion all over my face.I only put moisturizer when my skin feels dry, other wise it is not necessary to put on moisturizer prior to applying the powder. If it ever looks cakey, use the makeup sponge to pat all over your face. Hope this help.