Ulta Mineral Powder Foundation

Filtered by age: 19-24
Ulta Mineral Powder Foundation

3.1

Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride, Zinc Oxide, 2-Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Methylparaben, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Panax Ginseng Root Extract.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

so I bought this on sale at Ulta 2 for $12 which I thought was a great deal for the amount of product you get . well after trial and trial again I've come to the conclusion that this isn't for combo oily skin gals. it went on beautiful and had some great coverage compared to edm but it didn't hold up . after about 4 hours it was breaking up on my cheeks , chin , around my nose . I tried with a primer , without a primer, as a finishing powder. it just wouldn't hold up, it like smears and melts so where I placed my contour and blush started to look dirty and not as defined . packaging was really nice though! I would only use this for a day I need something quick when I'm not gonna do a full face but I wouldn't repurchase

on 7/19/2012 10:28:00 PM

This product is is great on my sensitive skin. Coverage was light to medium however not very build able without lookin Cakey.

I definately feel like it makes me look older and not in a good way. My skin is nice and smooth and this foundation really dries me out.

I used nothing but bare minerals for a year and a half. Sick of spending an arm and a leg I tried out ulta minerals for a change. I am super happy and satisfied with their product, it's a definite dupe of bare minerals that lives up to it's claim. While the particles aren't as fine, it still has very good coverage. I like dusting this over my bb cream when I have a very long day ahead of me or want more coverage. The color fair 01 and fair 03 both fit me great. It's wise to use a powder brush for this one since my flat top kabuki can apply the product on too thick and make me look cakey.

I really like using this to set the rest of my makeup. If I use it as my foundation it tends to look cakey, so just a light sweeping works nicely.
Its not my favorite for oil control, so I would not repurchase. I also do not like the packaging, or mineral makeup much in general as it is messy.

on 1/11/2011 9:39:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I didn't break out from using this foundation like others said they did, but neither of the shades I bought worked for me. First, I tried Fair 05 and it was much too dark and orange-y. Then I tried Fair 03, which was better, but almost too light. I think there need to be many more tone selections. I'll stick to Urban Decay foundation from now on. I usually love Ulta's products, but this is not one of them.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I do not like hardly anything about this product.
It looks cakey and makes me look washed out with this odd blue-pink undertone which I still haven't gotten to the bottom of.
If you have any areas on your ace that are dry you might as well forget about wearing this because it will only worsen the look of the dry area.
I have freckles and I love them , so I don't like to cover them up, and this foundation just won't allow me to control the amount of coverage I would like which only adds to the cakey look of the product.
I rarely EVER get any sort of pimple on my face ever yet within the first few days of wearing this foundation I started breaking out all over my forehead area, I still have some of the bumps after not using this product for over three months now.
The ONLY thing I like about this foundation is the fact that I can use it as concealer under my eyes for the dark circles I get sometimes.
But that is it.
And for 14?
No thanks, I'll get a good concealer do that for me.
Honestly though, I am so over mineral foundation all together.
It's messy and inconvienant and overrated.
I would not reccomend this to anyone, because basically it sucks major ass.
In fact, everytime I even think about using this product the first words that come to my mind are yuck, and never again.

I didn't like this foundation. My face got cyctic acne. Very painful! Probably because Bismuth Oxychloride is the number 1 ingredient. It is known to cause acne. It also made my face shiny and my pores look larger. It also contains methylparaben. Parabens in my makeup, no thankyou. I should have paid attention to the label.

on 9/14/2008 12:33:00 PM

Wow, do I regret using this! I only used it very lightly one day, and the next morning I had three zits on my cheeks, where I never break out, and even more on my forehead. Hopefully they will accept returns, because if not this is going straight in the trash.

on 5/8/2008 9:48:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

it caused my skin to break out ALL OVER, including on my cheeks which is a rarity.

Bought this in Fair 03 as part of the starter set that comes with the finishing powder, blush, and kabuki. I was worried as I was putting it on that it was too yellow for my skin, but fortunately once I got it all on I realized that it blended in perfectly. Turns out I was using foundation that was too light for me. Before I had to use a bronzer to get a look that wasn't terribly pale, but now my skin looks great. I am very pleased with the quality of this foundation and the other products in the kit for the price. I find it comparable, even better than, BE for a fraction of the price. Better coverage than BE, stayed on all night, and didn't settle into pores or get oily. If you have problems with your nose getting oily after a few hours, definitely buy the finishing powder.