La Mer Skincolor De La Mer The Treatment Fluid Foundation SPF 15

La Mer Skincolor De La Mer The Treatment Fluid Foundation SPF 15

ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: TITANIUM DIOXIDE 4.70%, OCTINOXATE 2.20% INGREDIENTS: DECLUSTERED WATER (-)AQUAEAU DE-STRUCTUREE (-), DECLUSTERED WATER ( )AQUAEAU DE-STRUCTUREE ( ) , CYCLOPENTASILOXANE , PHENYL TRIMETHICONE , DIMETHICONE , BUTYLENE GLYCOL , ISOCETYL ALCOHOL , CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE , ISOHEXADECANE , PEG/PPG-20/20 DIMETHICONE , MAGNESIUM SULFATE , WHEAT GERM GLYCERIDES , PEG-10 DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER , BUPLEURUM FALCATUM ROOT EXTRACT , MALACHITE , PHAEODACTYLUM TRICORNOTUM EXTRACT , ALGAE EXTRACT , SACCHAROMYCES LYSATE EXTRACT , TOCOPHERYL ACETATE , TOURMALINE , AZURITE , BETULA ALBA (BIRCH) EXTRACT , YEAST EXTRACT , LINOLEIC ACID , SORBITAN STEARATE , CALCIUM CARBONATE , ACETYL HEXAPEPTIDE-8 , PISUM SATIVUM (PEA) EXTRACT , SORBITAN SESQUIOLEATE , AMINOPROPYL ASCORBYL PHOSPHATE , HYDROGENATED LECITHIN , OLEA EUROPAEA (OLIVE) FRUIT EXTRACT , COENZYME A , CHOLESTEROL , DISODIUM NADH , ASTROCARYUM MURUMURU SEED BUTTER , PROPYLENE CARBONATE , TREHALOSE , ACETYL CARNITINE HCL , PEG-10 DIMETHICONE , GLYCERYL POLYMETHACRYLATE , SODIUM HYALURONATE , TRITICUM VULGARE (WHEAT BRAN) EXTRACT , PALMITOYL OLIGOPEPTIDE , CAFFEINE , ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN , HYDROLYZED FISH (PISCES) COLLAGEN , PEG-8 , TRIETHYL CITRATE , METHYLDIHYDROJASMONATE , SODIUM CHLORIDE , ANTHEMIS NOBILIS (CHAMOMILE) , LINALYL ACETATE , CAPRYLYL GLYCOL , SORBITOL , SUCROSE , TRIETHOXYCAPRYLYLSILANE , LAURETH-7 , CETYL PEG/PPG-10/1 DIMETHICONE , XANTHAN GUM , DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, BHT , CHLOROXYLENOL , PHENOXYETHANOL , [ /- MICA, TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891) , IRON OXIDES (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)]

I would say the coverage is light to medium only. It looks very natural on the skin but it doesnt cover up imperfections. I personally dont have any blemishes but i do have a few freckles on my cheeks. I feel this foundation is very nourishing and i tried it in my twenties (my skin was super oily) and i didnt like it as much. The downside of this foundation is that the shades are very limited. Im NC20 and the Ivory color is a bit dark on me.

on 4/13/2016 4:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

HG foundation for me :)
I'm an NC42 and I mix two foundations Warm Beige and Tan for my perfect match. Light to medium coverage. My skin is a bit dry during the winter but oily T zone. A bit of primer and setting powder and good to go. Have to reapply after 8 hours max unfortunately but the finish is so beautiful and natural that I don't mind. Great for dry skin.

To Read all 81 Reviews, Login or Join

I did not care for this foundation. I had high hopes. For the price I thought it would look fabulous, but my opinion is "meh".
Why I didn't like it-
It didn't smooth on to my skin very well. I used a brush and it streaked like crazy. I used a beauty blender and that worked better.
Very sheer coverage- not medium coverage like it promises.
Even though it looked natural, I felt like this foundation never 'set' once I applied it. I powdered over it with a fluffy brush, and upon doing that the powder dragged and felt like my foundation was coming off with it. I just hated that feeling on my face.
Wear time is awful, by the end of the day it didn't look very good. I have normal/slightly oily T-zone.
There are better foundations out there for less money.

on 12/16/2015 8:15:00 PM

Interesting foundation... I never hear any one ever talk about this stuff..... ever.... The smell is kinda odd but I'm glad it's NOT perfumed. The shade range is also a very limited one(with shades being too pink too yellow and too dark for me) . The texture is very silky smooth, if you touch your skin after it has the feeling of a silky silicone serum. It does contain A LOT of shimmer which you can see in some lights. The coverage is not at all medium as claimed. I had a few pimples when using this and it covered none. It reminds me of a tinted moisturizers coverage. It seems to work well for dry skin as well.
The packaging also kinda sucks for the brands image it's very basic and does not feel luxurious.. No you should not buy or pay for products just for packaging but it is part of Lamer's draw and you're paying for it with this brand.

I heard lamer might be re reformulating this product.. As they are not pushing it at the counters at all and it's hidden. My sales girl says they are going to redo it or discontinue it. Time will tell.

on 6/13/2014 4:57:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It's a good product when i travel to drier climates. Not good to use in humid weather.. It melts and i developed some white heads

on 12/1/2013 5:30:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

I got a sample of this product and was instantly smitten! It has a very light texture, breathable, and stays on all day. I purchased the full size at Nordstrom in color Linen. I am hispanic with golden undertones and this color was perfect. The only foundation that does not irritate my skin. I have gone through 4 different clinique foundations that left my face red and gave me dry patches on my cheeks :(
I would recommend to anyone with oily skin to use an oil absorbing moisturizer on the T zone before applying this foundation. All in all, very happy with my purchase.

on 11/1/2013 5:13:00 PM

I bought this together with the moisturizer and concealer but managed to get them with a 20% discount but still forked out over 400 euros. The moisturizer made me break out and the foundation too so the only one I can tolerate is the concealer. The foundation was a good color and I like the texture but it tends to break me out after 2 or 3 days so I can only wear it maybe once or twice a month under La prarie loose powder. I must be allergic to one of the ingrediants as I have tried many high end foundations and none of them have broken me out like La mer does. As the saying goes " A fool and his money are soon parted".

on 10/22/2013 12:02:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

For some unknown reason, this foundation never really quite looks natural or skin-like. My husband who normally can't tell whether I'm wearing foundation, can always tell - and comments! - that I'm wearing La Mer foundation.

I think if you want to spend this kind of money you are sooo much better off taking a walk over to the Armani counter, for the Luminous Silk foundation which is beautiful and natural looking. It's almost embarrasing because la Mer's loose powder is a-m-a-z-i-n-g, looks so nice on but this foundation really isn't up to par. Even my bottle of Maybelline Instant Age Rewind looks more natural and undetectable when compared to this. And yes I did a comparison on different sides of my face.

Overall I think the pros of the La Mer foundation are:

- radiant finish, looks glow-y all day (whether that is good or bad depends on your skin type though)
- mildly hydrating, doesn't get too patchy over dry flaky areas

Cons:

- can look greasy, especially as the day goes on, even when set with powder
- price does not match quality ; better foundations can be found at drugstore or other high end brands that work much better
- never really looks natural or skin-like

My mother who is 60 also used this, and found it crept into her fine lines and even though this is sitting on her vanity, she reaches for Revlon Age defying each morning. I think that kind of says it all. Would not re-purchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Curly, Coarse

Fluid foundation SPF15 in shade 03 Buff is my perfect color with a summer tan. Just got "Pantoned" today at Sephora, and I am 4Y07. Buff would work well with women with light to medium olive skin.
** Strongly recommend getting Pantoned and mention your Pantone shade in your reviews BTW, to help the rest of us figure out if it would work for us.

Applies like a dream, very smooth, light to medium coverage, always natural looking. Does not oxidize ie change shade after a few hours. Does not cause my sensitive skin to break out, and I have been using it for a couple of weeks. Also have been using the Creme de la Mer gel cream because of the hot weather at the same time, and I think (so far) it has cut down on breakouts. It has not noticeably cut down on the redness of rosacea, but the foundation covers it well and still looks natural and skin-like.
So I am extremely happy with the sample I got and will probably buy the full size foundation which is dispensed in a bottle with a little pump outlet (more sanitary than digging in a pot with the fingers).
By the way, the 03 Buff in the fluid foundation is noticeably lighter than the 03 in the (now discontinued) creme foundation, which for me is a plus.
UPDATE: I have been meticulous about sunscreen and wearing an SPF50 hat - check out the Squishees SPF 50 - so my skin is getting less sun exposure. Now I am a bit lighter in the fall, and wear it mixed 50:50 with the color 02 Creme and it is a perfect match. Am still happy about the texture, but in the summer heat need to mix it with a matifier in the T zone because it is slightly dewy (verging on shiny in the summer heat).
UPDATE: now it is winter, and my new skin Pantone color match is 2Y07, still on the olive/yellow side, but lighter.
Interesting that the 02 fluid foundation, which looks so dark and bronze in the bottle, comes out much lighter, with a healthy pink tint when you apply it on the skin. I can wear it without problems despite being 2Y07 Pantone, although I will look around for other color samples. One thing I know is that 11 ivory is quite yellow toned but too dark for winter....
So instead, am using the (Ivory) 09 fluid foundation which is the lightest yellow tone mixed with the 02 fluid and getting a good color match.
For coverage of freckles, broken capillaries, see my review on the La Mer Cr�me foundation, which has better coverage for where you really need it. I don't think it is a good idea to camouflage the entire face, it has a very un-natural look, like kabuki makeup- it is better to mute the discolored areas only. I am heartbroken it is discontinued!
I FINALLY FIGURED OUT HOW TO CONVERT THE FLUID FOUNDATION TO A CREAM COVERAGE TO HIDE DISCOLORATIONS. Just put a little of the fluid foundation into a little circular pot. Evaporation will take care of things, and you'll have a creamy cover-up for better spot control. Hope this works for you!
BOTTOM LINE: Am using a mix of 01 and 09 for good coverup, but I have to say the La Mer cr�me foundation is still the best, no mixing required, saves time. So I took off 1 star FOR THE EXTRA TIME AND EFFORT REQUIRED FOR MIXING COLORS.

My favourite foundation for the winter- automn time, in summer my T-zone becomes a bit more oily, thus it doesn't stay as long as I would like. But anyway it is my favourite-must have. Even if I don't remove my foundation for night, my skin doesn't have any irritations or red spots, I absolutely love it for that, it never causes me any skin problems.