Clean & Clear Invisible Shine Control Powder [DISCONTINUED]

3.1

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I LOVE this product. Even though it's been discontinued, there's still a lot of places you can find it online. I've been trying to find a replacement for the time when supplies are gone. It's sad that my HG has been discontinued. :(
This isn't meant for coverage, it's simply shine control. I use it under my mineral make up then over it. It helps me stay shine free and helps prevent my mineral makeup from settling.
It's best for make-up free days when I'm just running errands and don't want my face looking like it's ruddy shinny self. The blue tone really does help add a little more evenness to my overall complexion and the shine is non existent.
Only con is if you don't have fair skin, this product will turn you blue and pale quickly. They need to bring back this product (for us pasties) and add a green one for darker skin.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Well I've used this for almost 2 YEARS. I use it everyday in the morning and if needed maybe once throughout the day but that's unusual.It works great on my skin. no clogging or pimples.I'm extremely acne prone and have really oily skin and this stuff is great.I usually just use it with a makeup brush instead of the sponge it brings and works just as good and save more of the product.The only upside is that I haven't been able to find it anymore.I love this product so if anyone knows where I can buy it plz respond. ENJOY!!!!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I really think for slightly oily skin and small pores, this may do a great job. However, for those of us with super oily huge pore skin, Oh my god this was just a nightmare. I had blue smears everywhere and it settled into my pores showing little blue dots everywhere. My skin is far too oily for this. I really wanted to like this because the packaging is SUPER CUTE!

Loves it. lol

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i have seen many people complain about it being blue on the skin. But it is only blue if you use too much.
I apply this with a brush instead of the puff that it comes with. i keep it in my purse at all times

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

yuck yuck, left my skin with a blue white cast and didn't keep it oily free for even an hour..don't waste your money.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I bought this powder years ago, and just never got the hang of wearing it. I finally threw it away and forgot it existed. Then I saw it again in the store, and just had to give it another try. The compact is a bit strange, but I can get over it.

I have found that applying this like regular facial powder, on top of foundation or alone, only gives a blue cast to my skin that is very unflattering. What I do with this is swipe the spongypuff over the powder, then dab it into the pores of my nose and forehead, and sometimes along the sides of my nose. Then, I apply whatever foundation I am wearing that day over it. This very effectively hides the blue shade, while at the same time working to control shine and oil. I also take a small brush and fluff some over the top of my eyeshadow and on my lower lids before I apply lower eyeliner.

I don't stay shine-free all day, but it really does help to control excess oil on my very oily skin. However, if later in the day I get to the point where even blotting isn't working, I will dab just the slightest bit on the shiny area, and cover it with regular powder or cream-to-powder foundation. This works better with some foundations than with others...it just depends on each individual foundation and how it reacts with your skin. And, of course, if you wear too much of any mattifying product, it can cause the reverse to happen...skin that is more oily than before.

One thing that does confuse me...everyone who has ever taken art knows that you use green to cancel out any redness, NOT blue. This powder alone just makes any red areas look purply-grey (after all, red and blue make purple).

UPDATE 4/24/04: I have found, as summer is approaching and the days get more humid, that if I wear too much of this it just creates more oilies. So for the summer, I am just wearing this under my eyeshadow base and maybe a light dusting on my nose and forehead, under my regular powder. continued >>

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I bought this after I lost my MAC Blot and was really disappointed. Seemed like a poor quality powder, that was not at all invisible. After application it left a pale blue cast on my face. This lingered around in my makeup case until one day I decided to throw it out

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

Ok, what can you really expect from Clean and Clear? I haven't had success with any of their products and this is a big failure. The idea of BLUE pressed powder just doesn't work for me. Supposedly it counter acts redness. However, it's awful for touch ups because it casts a blue tint to my skin (LLL with yellow undertones here.) It doesn't control shine for more than an hour and clumps on my dry skin. Totally not happy with this product.