benefit Cosmetics Dr Feelgood

Filtered by eye Color : Green

2.4

Corn Starch Modified, Diethylene Glycol Diethylhexanoate, Neopentyl Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Isosteryl Meopentanoate, Silica, Polyethylene, Ethylhexyl Isononanoate, Carnauba (Copernicia Cerifera) Wax, Tridecyl Trimelitate, Diethylene Glycol Diisononanoate, Chamomile (Anthemis Nobili) Flower Extract, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Linoleate, Ascorbyl Palmitate

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Dr. Feelgood, like all skin primers, did nothing for me. It pooled in my pores and made them look greasy and obvious. The packaging is beautiful, however. That's why I gave it two lipsticks (I love nice packaging). People with smaller pores might like this product. I, however, will not repurchase.

Sadly this wasn't a great product and didn't make much of an impact. It was quite hard to work with and I had to almost press it into my face. I have pretty oily skin and within a few hours the oil was back!!

The packaging is cute and the smell was pleasant, but after a couple of weeks the balm got a bit cloggy looking and discoloured...not very inviting and didn't feel hygienic.

All in all, nothing special and definitely not worth the price tag!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I don't seem to get on very well with Benefit products and this one was no exception.
I have oily skin and I was advised that this would be great for me.
I don't like anything about it and it was a complete waste of money. Using a sponge applicator you put this over your face. It feels like a horrible greasy layer and it did nothing that it promised. I don't think that my skin could breath under it and I got spots the same day. It felt horrible on my skin and kind of dirty. I couldn't wait to take it off. I would never buy it again and I won't use the one I have again. I really wouldn't recommend this to anyone.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

I find this to work very well for what I use it for...which is to fill in the "holes" on my face left from deep acne when I was younger. I use a small "spatula" to press it in to the holes...cover with a matt powder...let it set...then foundation

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I received this as a gift from my daughter, who knew I would love the retro styled packaging.

At first I didn't know what it was for, and what to do with it, so I had a look through everyone else's reviews. Dr Feelgood seems to be a bit of a Marmite makeup product. Lots of people dislike it, with varying degrees of intensity, then there are those who love it. Once I worked out that it was probably best to blot some of the balm on to the sponge then pat on to my made-up face, I've been using on an everyday basis. I can now confirm I'm in the "love it" camp.

I use it over my make up in the morning, and it takes the powdery look away. It also seems to blur out imperfections, and I prefer this over the specialist blur cream (which I found was a bit drying). If I remember to pop it into my handbag, it is useful for blotting out any shine which develops over the day.

I don't see any particular hygiene problem - my hands are clean when I apply, and the sponge can be washed regularly.

Out of interest, I've tried it with no makeup on, and it definitely evens out blotchiness, and improves the appearance of my bare skin. This is, however, academic, as I never go out without a foundation/BB cream/tinted moisturiser of some sort. If I were ever to be forced to do without makeup, Dr Feelgood would be an absolute necessity.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

What a piece of garbage product. Firstly, I absolutely LOVE most Benefit products, particularly their highlighters (Girl Meets Pearl, High Beam, Sun Beam, etc.) and mascaras. I purchased this product randomly during one of my many holiday Sephora cravings. I decided to purchase the smaller one ($9) after seeing mixed reviews. (I do appreciate Benefit's option to purchase travel sized versions of their products so as to have the opportunity to test the product before buying a full sized version!)

The little pot/tin it comes in is quite small and unsanitary. There is a little sponge that comes with it that gets mucked up pretty quickly and then the product gets yucky from using the sponge/fingers after just a few uses. The smell didn't bother me, but is lemon-y (kind of like furniture polish) for those of you who are sensitive to fragrance. The product pills pretty easily and then is difficult to distribute. None of this would have mattered to me had the product actually been of use. It did absolutely nothing as a finish/mattifier. Then I decided to give it a few tries as a primer, and it continued to be useless to me. I had more luck with my Covergirl + Olay Serum Primer and/or POREfessional by Benefit.

Definitely a waste and a total nothing product. Much better options out there from both other brands and Benefit themselves.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I use this as a primer under makeup and it works wonderfully for me. I use my finger as opposed to the sponge that it comes with as I find it eaiser to apply that way. I find that it helps somewhat with the look of my pores but, works best against shine and gives a nice matte finish. Sometimes when my t-zone starts getting oily I pat it on and it makes my skin matte again. The fact that it's more of a balm did freak me out at first as I was afraid it as going to make me breakout but, it is somewhat silky in texture and didn't cause me to breakout. Even though it's pricey I would buy it again.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I guess I seem to be the only one with a positive experience! I love this stuff.

I have a pretty oily t-zone, regardless of whatever kind of primer, foundation, moisturizer, BB cream, you name it - I turn into a greaseball. I've been trying to find SOMETHING that helps, but just haven't had any luck. I decided to pick this up on a whim despite the negative reviews and the price tag.

I apply it after my primer (Benefit's "That Gal") by pressing my fingertip into the balm for a few seconds to warm it up. With the small amount of product I pick up, I gently pat it into the areas I know always get shiny. I have read NOT to swipe it or rub it on, so I haven't tried this method to see if it makes anything worse/better since patting it on has worked pretty well so far.

After, I let it sit for a few minutes to make sure it's dried and/or sunk it (whatever it needs to do!) and then apply my Tarte BB cream as usual. I've found that I don't need to really put any setting powder on over, and normally just leave it now.

I have noticed, however, that you do need to moisturize pretty well. I had stopped using a good moisturizer to see if that helped with my oiliness and this product clung to every dry bit and made my makeup look pretty bad. However, after returning to a normal moisturizing regimen, everything worked normally.

Overall, I am very happy with this product! We'll see how long it lasts to determine of the cost really is enough, but with this product, a little bit goes a long way!

Um, really? They're asking $35 or something for this crap? Put it over foundation, it's like vaseline or lip balm, and it does absolutely nothing.
AND, it has retinyl palmitate, which when worn in the sun breaks down and is carcinogenic. Bullcrap times ten!

I've been wanting to buy this product for ages, even after reading all the reviews on here, and I'm sad to say that I'm yet another disappointed user. The packaging is awesome, looks really cool and the instructions promise flawless silky skin. However it just didn't seem to really do anything on my skin. It didn't help my make up go on smoother, and after a while I just found that it made my skin feel gluggy and greasy. The only plus is that it looks cool sitting in my make up cabinet... :)