benefit Cosmetics Dr Feelgood

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive

2.5

Corn Starch Modified, Diethylene Glycol Diethylhexanoate, Neopentyl Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Isosteryl Meopentanoate, Silica, Polyethylene, Ethylhexyl Isononanoate, Carnauba (Copernicia Cerifera) Wax, Tridecyl Trimelitate, Diethylene Glycol Diisononanoate, Chamomile (Anthemis Nobili) Flower Extract, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Linoleate, Ascorbyl Palmitate

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Dr. Feelgood, like all skin primers, did nothing for me. It pooled in my pores and made them look greasy and obvious. The packaging is beautiful, however. That's why I gave it two lipsticks (I love nice packaging). People with smaller pores might like this product. I, however, will not repurchase.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Not a big fan. It really doesn't play nice with sunscreen (literal white streaks across my face). It does fill pores so that's nice.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I too had a negative experience with Dr. Feelgood, I have extremely oily skin and this always *seemed* like a miracle product, when I saw that Sephora had a Trial size version I scooped it up and just could not make it work, I don't mind using a tin or using my clean hands but the product itself is pretty useless, so much that I can't imagine how it's been in production for so long, the included sponge is awful and is extremely linty.
It also requires a lot of product and doesn't spread out too evenly so the value is not good at all, it is overpriced.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have never used this product myself, but I am writing this review based on seeing it on other people. Being that there is only one shade I feel that this is fair. Plus this should be useful...an outside opinion.

I would say this is a gimmicky product, because in high school this stuff went around and a bunch of girls were using this stuff. I remember seeing my friends apply it, and change a perfectly normal face into a weird waxy, cakey, gross looking dirty face. The reviewer who said it makes dust and other things catch to it was also right on the money, because I remember seeing that happen to my girlfriends. Sounds pretty awful right?? I mean, from what I've seen, it really looked awful.

Of course I am a wondering if they could've been using it wrong?? It does seem kind of intruiging, I think it'd be something I'd want to sample my own way in the future...although I've also swatched this at the store and thought "yuck." I donno though, the "blurring" claim is very seductive!

Overall, I'd give this one star, but I'll go with 2 since I haven't put it on myself.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I received this as a gift from my daughter, who knew I would love the retro styled packaging.

At first I didn't know what it was for, and what to do with it, so I had a look through everyone else's reviews. Dr Feelgood seems to be a bit of a Marmite makeup product. Lots of people dislike it, with varying degrees of intensity, then there are those who love it. Once I worked out that it was probably best to blot some of the balm on to the sponge then pat on to my made-up face, I've been using on an everyday basis. I can now confirm I'm in the "love it" camp.

I use it over my make up in the morning, and it takes the powdery look away. It also seems to blur out imperfections, and I prefer this over the specialist blur cream (which I found was a bit drying). If I remember to pop it into my handbag, it is useful for blotting out any shine which develops over the day.

I don't see any particular hygiene problem - my hands are clean when I apply, and the sponge can be washed regularly.

Out of interest, I've tried it with no makeup on, and it definitely evens out blotchiness, and improves the appearance of my bare skin. This is, however, academic, as I never go out without a foundation/BB cream/tinted moisturiser of some sort. If I were ever to be forced to do without makeup, Dr Feelgood would be an absolute necessity.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have really dry skin but I use quite emollient creams and/or sunscreens that I often want to mattify my nose just a bit. Received a mini one of these and was excited as I had not seen any reviews but had heard a YT blogger rave continuously about the product.

My verdict is it doesn't do much but what it does do I don't find enhances my looks at all. If I apply too much it seems to disrupt the foundation or concealer I've applied. I've tried over makeup and under with negligible results. Just a big let down. In my experience, a primer such as L'oreal Studio Secrets (looks a pale pastel lavenderish/pink in a small glass jar), works much better to mattify a shiny nose with the added benefit of filling in pores somewhat.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

It's one of my favourite primers but I don't suggest that you try it unless you have dry skin as it is very rich for a primer and I can't say if it offers any oil control. it does the job though, has pretty natural ingredients and the smell is strong but not annoying. The packaging really frustrates me though as the lid gets stuck way too often and it's also not very hygienic to have your primer in a jar.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

Don't understand all the neg reviews on this one. It soaks up my t-zone oil like nothing else and never gets dry or cakey. I think this is a good choice for those who have both oily & dry areas. Also, this should be dabbed on, not rubbed in. Clinique Instant Perfector used to be the best oil-control product for me, however since its recent reformulation it doesn't work as well anymore.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Skin felt noticeably silker, good for softer skin on the go with minimal make up retouches.
No visible difference to my skin, the wax discoloured and is hard to pick up on the sponge.

May suit oilier skin types?

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I read loads of reviews about this product before buying it. Good and bad. I decided to buy it anyway and was disapointed the first time I tried it on. It was in the evening, after a day in London and I wanted to check if it really was effective against my shiny-end-of-the-day-skin. I applied it on my nose: nothing. Then I applied it on my boyfriend's nose which was also a bit shiny: nothing either.
The next day, I tried again at the end of the day but with more product: still nothing.
I watched a few reviews on the net as how to use it, but it didn't help, as everyone seems to find it difficult to use.
I gave it another try this morning and I think I'm starting to get a grip on this product. I first applied my moisturizer, then the balm, everywhere on my face. My skin was indeed more even! I then applied my concealer (I had to put less, as it was blending more easily into my skin), my powder and my blush, and I can tell there is a difference. My skin seems beter. I couldn' explain how exactly, but it is.
So, here are the things to remember if you have combination skin like mine:
- only apply on deeply moisturized skin
- don't dab it as told on the tin, but take a good quantity on the spnoge and apply it like you would with a powder
- don't apply over make up
- don't apply before make up if you use liquid foundation
Update 14/10/11: Big news, when I first wrote my review, I picked "will not buy again" and guess what I did yesterday just after noticing I was almost out of Dr Feelgood... I bought a new tin! I really got to love this product as weeks went by. It might be a bit difficult to apply at first with the strange wax consistency, but it really helps my make up to stay put all day, it softens the skin, makes it even and I found you have to use less concealer and powder after applying Dr Feelgood than without. So yes, expensive, difficult to find the good way for you to use it, doesn't really hide fine lines or pores, but if you only look at it as a simple primer, it's great. Of course, the problem is that Benefit promises way more than "just a primer"...
Update 14/02: After seven month of using this product, I realize I couldn't do without it now. It has become an important step in my make up routine and helps my make-up to stay put all day, summer or winter. It makes my skin soft and even. I'm addicted to it and just wanted to let you girls know! I've even added two lippies to my original rating! It took a while but now, I LOVE it!