benefit Cosmetics Dr Feelgood

Filtered by age: 30-35

2.4

Corn Starch Modified, Diethylene Glycol Diethylhexanoate, Neopentyl Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Isosteryl Meopentanoate, Silica, Polyethylene, Ethylhexyl Isononanoate, Carnauba (Copernicia Cerifera) Wax, Tridecyl Trimelitate, Diethylene Glycol Diisononanoate, Chamomile (Anthemis Nobili) Flower Extract, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Linoleate, Ascorbyl Palmitate

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I didn't really understand the point of this balm. What is a velvety complexion when we are talking of skin lol? I tried it because it came free in a kit. I didn't notice anything really special about it. The one benefit was that it did keep my face moisturized. I forgot my moisturizer when I slept at bf's and it was perfectly fine just with this. My makeup did adhere well to it but I didn't notice any oil mattifying. Also the applicator seems really unsanitary. I would just swipe some w/ a q tip and rub on.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I don't seem to get on very well with Benefit products and this one was no exception.
I have oily skin and I was advised that this would be great for me.
I don't like anything about it and it was a complete waste of money. Using a sponge applicator you put this over your face. It feels like a horrible greasy layer and it did nothing that it promised. I don't think that my skin could breath under it and I got spots the same day. It felt horrible on my skin and kind of dirty. I couldn't wait to take it off. I would never buy it again and I won't use the one I have again. I really wouldn't recommend this to anyone.

This did nothing for me.

First to make the review sounds fair, i need to explain that i live in the tropical country where heat and humid is one of my oily skin biggest enemy. And i can proudly say that this thing really does work well on my oily skin.... It doesnt break me out or dry the skin, it just keep the oil away for 12 hours straight ( yes i wear make up for quite long time due to my job) I used this goody stuff after moisturizer n sunscreen.... An though its pricey but i think its worth it, a little goes along away

Looks fabulous in the tin and smells gorgeous but just doesn't work. Dried my skin out, made my foundation look dreadful and sure didn't mattify.

I don't understand this product at all. If you put it under foundation it creates a mottled finish and good luck applying it on top of your base. I've resorted to using it on my décolleté as a moisturiser just so I don't have to throw it away. A waste of money and I won't be repurchasing.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I bought Dr. Feelgood about 15 years ago. It was one of my first purchases from a high end makeup line after I got a "real" job, so that alone makes it memorable to me. It's also so terrible, bordering on useless, that it's still memorable to me all these years later. I can't remember what I had for dinner last night, but bad beauty product memories stay for life.

All these years later, I'm still trying to wrap my mind around what this product is actually suppose to do. Dr. Feelgood is a clearish balm that comes in an irritating tin that is impossible to open and has sharp edges around the lid. It comes with a circular sponge that immediately attracts and holds on to every piece of fuzz, dirt or substance that it may come into contact with. You can actually feel the bacteria and other cooties growing on the sponge. The balm is supposedly some kind of miracle product that "finishes" your skin - blurs lines, diminishes large pores, sets makeup and all that jive. All I remember this doing is giving me an oddly greasy and waxy look. There was no finishing or blurring to speak of unless you consider having a layer of dryish, greasy wax on your face "finished". I also found it impossible to keep little hairs and dust off my face. Just like the sponge this comes with, Dr. Feelgood is a little hair and dust magnet. In retrospect, this is probably not a product for people with dry skin. It may work wonders on people who have very oily skin and need to blot throughout the day but this did nothing for me except make me look weird and dirty. That's rather the opposite look I've always gone for.

Even though I bought this many moons ago, I hung on to it for quite a long time because I couldn't reconcile that it was a dud. I tried making it work on and off for years but never could get the hang of it and never got used to the icky, filmy feeling. In a way, this product was prophetic of all the Benefit products I tried - they seem great in theory but like Lemon-Aid, BeneTint, BeneTint Balm, and You Rebel, they just don't translate for me. In fact, every time I see a new Benefit product that I think I might like, a memory of Dr. Feelgood comes flying back and I move on.

That said, this obviously works for some people out there as it's still a part of Benefit's line and I've read glowing reviews on Sephora, but this was a bad choice for me.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This is a terrible product that needs to be discontinued from BeneFit. It has no purpose, but to make our skin look and feel terrible, plus the container is poorly made. It's gimmicky! I don't trust makeup or skincare products that are put in pots or jars because they lose their freshness very quickly and it's unsanitary. I have used this product in the past when I first started getting serious with makeup (2000) I had no idea what a primer was. I saw this in a magazine and I had to have it! Boy, was I wrong! When I used it a few times, I woke up with these ugly, cyst-like pimples. I thought this was supposed to control my oiliness and leave my foundation looking flawless, but it did nothing but give me the most unnatural look I've even seen! My foundation was so cakey and ugly. I will NEVER, EVER buy this product again!! Please be aware of this product. It serves no purpose. Just look at the reviews! The only product I recommend is their Porefessional primer. It's a good product, but there's other primers that are better. So, please don't purchase this blindly like I did. The reason why I bought this was the cute picture. I was young and naive...LOL

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Why make a product that is nearly impossible to open. I was tempted to hammer the side so that it would not suction shut. My BF opens it for me, which is real helpful at work when he is not here! Product didn't do anything!

Like many of Benefit's older products, gimmicky product & packaging, plus not very good at doing what it claims.

I know they're not the only company, but their products seem to suffer from serious design flaws. They should probably focus more on product design than the aesthetics of their packaging! The applicator sponge sitting directly in the product has to be one of the most unhygienic things I've ever seen (and I work in public health).

I bought it for shine control, and it is the least effective product I've ever used for this purpose. Any other mattifying primer is better - Clear FX (the HG), Laura Mercier, Sephora, etc. Not only does it not keep shine under control, it is this strange balm-like texture that feels sort of icky going on, as if it would certainly clog one's pores. Forget about putting this on over makeup. Yuck!

I purchased this when I was in my early 20's and just starting to explore boutique brands. I still have an almost-full tin because this has never worked for me. Don't waste your money!