benefit Cosmetics Dr Feelgood

Filtered by age: 19-24

2.5

Corn Starch Modified, Diethylene Glycol Diethylhexanoate, Neopentyl Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Isosteryl Meopentanoate, Silica, Polyethylene, Ethylhexyl Isononanoate, Carnauba (Copernicia Cerifera) Wax, Tridecyl Trimelitate, Diethylene Glycol Diisononanoate, Chamomile (Anthemis Nobili) Flower Extract, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Linoleate, Ascorbyl Palmitate

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This is one of the worst beauty products I've ever used. Yes, it's a strong statement but for a product called "Dr. Feelgood", it did nothing to make me look or feel better. I bought this for about $40 CAN. The product is advertised as "a velvety complexion balm". Honestly, I bought it impulsively because of its packaging, which is a beautiful silver tin with a romantic vintage portrait printed on the lid.

I used it as a primer. Considering it's a solid, waxy substance, it made my skin feel heavy - even if I used a small amount. My makeup may have lasted a little longer, but it made me look "cakey" and feel like something on my face is weighing me down. This product is a no-no for any hot weather because you will look like a hot mess.

I used it for oil-control. I found that the sponge provided soaked oil, but the formula itself did nothing for me.

The bottom line is, don't waste your money. I've had it kicking around for ages before tossing in the trash. This velvety complexion balm did nothing but make my face look and feel cakey, so unless that's the look you're going for, don't go for it. Invest in a good primer or oil-control product like powders or blotting sheets. Also, I noticed that my acne increased after using it, so I stopped it for good after that breakout.

I love this product. It really does mattify my make up. I love how it smells too

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

I don't know why this product got a lot of bad reviews, but this works wonder for me! it really does mattify my skin the whole day and makes the makeup sits better on top of it. the only thing i don't like is the packaging

Oh boy, it's called Dr Feelgood but it makes me feel the complete opposite. I went to the Benefit counter asking for a powder to keep my skin matte throughout the day, and the lady recommended I try this balm, I blame myself since I was in a hurry I picked it up.

Firstly, it claims that you can use it before or after makeup.

So I tried it before makeup, after moisturizing my skin I applied this to my face. Note that you have to press this onto your face very hard so it fills in the pores and attaches to your face, if you try to blend it or any other method, it balls up and gets very flaky! It made my face a bit matte and a tiny bit smooth but that was it, it doesn't control oil very well though.

Trying it on top of makeup to try and keep the oil and shine at bay throughout the day makes it look like a complete disaster. Every application I try, whether it's blotting, dabbing, smearing, it always leaves specks and flakes of the product and it gathers at the sides of my nose making it look VERY unpleasant! I've tried so many times to make this product work for me because there is a lot of product in the pot and it was quite pricey but I just can't do it. Also, the way it's packaged is strange. If you use it on top of makeup and press it back into the product, it transfers and stains your balm which makes it very unhygienic and can break you out with the bacteria that has gathered between the sponge and the balm.

Also, it smells like a cleaner with a very strong unpleasant citrus scent.

I'm sorry but even after multiple tries I just cannot make this balm work, it sits at the bottom of my makeup stash untouched, maybe I've missed something?

Love the packaging and the smell... But nothing else about it. Does not work.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Yuck, did not like this stuff one bit. Gave it to my Mom after one use.

I used this as a primer before applying any makeup and it made my skin feel like I had rubbed a layer of car grease over it, I could feel my oiliness immediately and my skin felt uncomfortable. I do have oily skin though, so that may be why this did not work for me. The smell was nice and I did like the packaging.

I honestly picked this up only for the packaging found it cute and handy ...took the small tin for 10 dollars I thought it would mattify my skin but it did not... it made my skin dry and I was not really happy with this product .... but it might work well for some one with oily skin ... xoxo

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

what a bloody overpriced silly product. it does absolutely nothing. it smells wonderful and the packaging is pretty but that's allll you're paying for...a nice smelling pretty looking useless balm. even benefit advertise it was.....well? it doesn't seem to be marketed as much either?
do not buy this, please.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is a weird product.
Im not sure if your supposed to use it as primer or if you use it after you apply your makeup.
If you use it as your primer, its almost unlikely for you to put foundation on because it is waxy and gives your face a matte finish even for my super oily skin
However, if you use it after the makeup, for my super oily skin it works fine, and it don't get much oily as i use other powder. But if you have normal or dry skin, do not use it. Also i notice if i apply it after my makeup, the sponge come with the product is the thing i used to pat my face, it actually take away some of my makeup. So.. since its a little bit pricy, you might wanna do some sort of research before you buy it.

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium

Terrible product. I have no idea who this would work for.

This waxy balm is not a pleasure to try and work with. Firstly it claims to be a mattifying balm and I do think it is mattifying when you first apply it but it does nothing to control oil or shine throughout the day, which is what most people look for in a mattifying product. But trying to get this product on the skin in a challenge in and of itself. I find whenever I tried to spread this balm across my face it would ball up and fall off my face in little balls. Needless to say it made quite a mess! I tried to warm the product between my fingers before applying but this did nothing to change it. The only upside is if I was able to apply this, my skin would be really smooth.

I really regret buying this product and would not recommend.