Pure and Basic Wild banana & vanilla body wash

Price: $

Price: $

on 10/25/2008 9:40:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Mmmm, this is heaven in a bottle. I bought this to try mainly because I am trying to avoid parabens, and for the banana scent, which you don't often see in body products. Little did I know how scrumptious this was going to smell. If you've ever had Dannon's La Creme banana yoghurt, it reminds me very much of that. Moisturization-wise, I find it does a really good job, my skin feels soft without any extra lotion, and it rinses clean to boot. The price is a steal too for the amount you get. This is now my favorite bodywash.

I was so impressed with this wash, until I saw the list of parabens at the bottom - and I thought, way to spoil a 'natural' product, putting harmful parabens in there (LUSH, here's looking at you). Luckily, they have reformulated all of their products to exclude parabens, and I am overjoyed, because it's hard to find natural products that are free of them! This is a great wash, it smells lovely (yes, like bubblegum). My only other rant is that there is no banana or vanilla to speak of in this product, but all is forgiven - it still smells amazing and moisturizes like a dream.

on 6/28/2005 7:00:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I agree with a previous review that this can smell like bubblegum... but I like it! One great thing about this is that it's very good for sensitive skin. It's sulfate free and more moisturizing than the average body wash. It lathers up with a whole lot of frothy bubbles and has a nice rich consistency. Beats LUSH body washes if you ask me!

on 11/23/2004 12:23:00 PM

I love the smell of this body wash, although it doesn't last much outside the shower. Has a cremay lather which really softens your skin.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

Oh my God this stuff is fabulous. I'm a freak for anything banana scented and this smells so good I don't want to get out of the shower. The stuff I have is a cream and not a gel, which is probably more moisturizing. I found it at Whole Foods for $7 which is more than I've seen it online but eh. Anyway, it's great, I love it, I'll be buying it again, etc.

on 11/11/2003 9:56:00 PM

Instead of smelling like bananas and vanilla, this smells like bubblegum!! So strange. It lathers nicely, and is a fine wash, but I didn't want a bubblegum fragranced item. My search for a great banana shower gel continues....

on 9/18/2003 1:10:00 PM

This product smells wonderful. I purchased one and went back the next day and bought ALL they had. I look forward to a warm shower using this product! The price is absolutely insulting at $2.99. Fragrance is absolutely the best I have ever tried. Rich lather and do not dry out the skin!

on 1/20/2003 12:28:00 PM

This shower gel has a great banana scent, produces tons of creamy lather, and is reasonably priced. Definitely a product worth purchasing again.

on 1/1/2003 7:44:00 PM

This is a great moisturizing body wash. It smells heavenly, lathers great, but doens't dry me out at all, and i feel nice and clean after using it..i love it, especially the fragrance, mmm!!

on 9/18/2002 2:13:00 PM

Mmmmmm!!! Smells deliciously like warm banana custard and foams like crazy. It's also quite moisturizing and a tiny drop goes a long way. Definately check this one out if you have a health food store in your area.